Some More Interesting Info re: F/A LBFO

Which won't have retiree medical, life or dental. Unless, of course you pay the full premium.

[We have contracts with AA.] “…Which won't have retiree medical, life or dental. Unless, of course you pay the full premium…”

Presently we have a contract with AA. They are offering a pathetic Early Out for those with 15+ years.

Thanks, you either will have no contract with none of the above next week, or you will have a slightly better contract with none of the above by October.

Reactions: 1 person
"Thanks, you either will have no contract with none of the above next week..."
Maybe
plain.gif

“…or you will have a slightly better contract with none of the above by October…”
Or we don’t reach any agreement until we come to a mutually acceptable contract.

The union could do their job. We pay them for that don’t we?
squint.gif

And what you fail to acknowledge is that in the mean time you will still have no contract with NONE of the above items and only HOPE that AA will have a lobotomy and decide to give us a better deal. Some people on here are under the impression that AA is doing this whole process to just waste time and money and that they have zero intention to actually follow through. I have the distinct feeling that some people are going to be real surprised, real soon.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe
plain.gif

Or we don't reach any agreement until we come to a mutually acceptable contract.

The union could do their job. We pay them for that don't we?
squint.gif
Im not always the biggest fan of the APFA,but when you dont have any power this is what happens.The only way we get a better contract is outside of bankruptcy.That could take years.You need to watch the road show videos.

Reactions: 1 person
And what you fail to acknowledge is that in the mean time you will still have no contract with NONE of the above items and only HOPE that AA will have a lobotomy and decide to give us a better deal. Some people on here are under the impression that AA is doing this whole process to just waste time and money and that they have zero intention to actually follow through. I have the distinct feeling that some people are going to be real surprised, real soon.
No one thinks that AA won’t impose the term sheet. They will. That does not change the fact that we should not give our seal of approval to this terrible deal.

I’m not always the biggest fan of the APFA, but when you don’t have any power this is what happens.

What happens? They get your “yes” vote?

”The only way we get a better contract is outside of bankruptcy. That could take years…”
I will take years. Do it right. AA would like to run an airline. It will not run well if we vote “no” and they impose the term sheet.

”You need to watch the road show videos.
I’ve watched the videos. The fact remains--what has been presented at this point is unacceptable. You are free to tell them that.
readthis.gif

But then you still don't get your retiree medical, dental or life insurance you have been insisting will stay because we have a contract.

But then you still don't get your retiree medical, dental or life insurance you have been insisting will stay because we have a contract.
I cannot predict what the final agreement will be. I suspect it will be better than this LBFO.

They may be in a time crunch but we are not.

Have you seen the movie Taken with Liam Neeson? We are being taken. How we respond makes all of the difference.

I cannot predict what the final agreement will be. I suspect it will be better than this LBFO.

They may be in a time crunch but we are not.

If the court permits AA to abrogate the agreement, I can't see why AA would have to sweeten the LBFO. The choices for FAs would then be:

A. Work under the term sheet; or

B. Vote to approve whatever AA offers that is better than the term sheet (probably the LBFO); or

C. Stop working, either individually or collectively.

If the court permits AA to abrogate the agreement, there's no longer any time crunch for AA.

If the court permits AA to abrogate the agreement, I can't see why AA would have to sweeten the LBFO. The choices for FAs would then be:

A. Work under the term sheet; or

B. Vote to approve whatever AA offers that is better than the term sheet (probably the LBFO)...
Our situation is not too dissimilar from the Presidential election. You will hear people say vote for the lesser of evils.

Ask a RePublican
cigar.gif
--if I could prove to you that Mitt Romney has acted more wickedly than Barack Obama, would you vote for Barack Obama?

They will say, “No, no. I’d never vote for Barack Obama!” They are lying to you. They won’t vote for the lesser of evils. The are party hacks. Both men are child-killers.

A wise person does not choose choice A or choice B if both choice A and choice B are evil. A wise person will not vote for the devil with the mask on or the devil with the mask off.

What would you have done in the holocaust? Would you have gassed the Jews with Zyklon A or Zyklon B? Enyart.

We are not facing life and death but we are facing a fundamental change in our work rules.

This agreement is anti-family (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10, Pr 22:6).

Here we go again, back to the anti-family shtick. By definition, any job is anti-family if it takes even one minute of your time away from your family. The pilot and f/a job are probably the worst in that it takes you away from home for days at a time. This is going to get good again. Just when i thought you were back on your meds! I'm curious what contract you thought was pro-family?

What happens? They get your "yes" vote?

I will take years. Do it right. AA would like to run an airline. It will not run well if we vote "no" and they impose the term sheet.

I've watched the videos. The fact remains--what has been presented at this point is unacceptable. You are free to tell them that.
readthis.gif

I decided to vote yes because the LBFO looks better then the unemployment line.And what looks even worse is a force transfer back to NYC when they layoff 40 percent of the base.

Here we go again, back to the anti-family shtick. By definition, any job is anti-family if it takes even one minute of your time away from your family...
I place a value on being home for children (Pr 22:6). You don’t. We disagree.

Maybe when you are old your kids will change your diapers and serve you oatmeal (Pr 31:28, Ps 128:3).
old_man-3569.gif
Then again, maybe they won’t.

secret.gif
The job of being a parent is more important than this job.

“The pilot and f/a job are probably the worst in that it takes you away from home for days at a time…”
Our schedules were manageable. Our flexibility at AA was the best in the industry because we could drop or pick up trips as needed. Should this agreement pass, our options will be limited.

“…This is going to get good again. Just when i thought you were back on your meds!”
yawn.gif
I don’t take meds (Eph 5:18).