Some quotes from PO'ed Delta Employees....

Does anybody really believe that this is anything but a "money grab"?
It's not about making a better company for the employees (US or Delta) or traveling public.
It's all about investment bankers, creditors and some egos.
At least that's what it appears to be in this case.
I have some (thin) hope that the powers to be in the US Govt will think about the employees and traveling public.
No predictions on outcome here just motivation.

mistified

If you had any idea of what you were posting you would know that the management team in place inherited the many years of mismanagement. The team was put in place to get them out of CH 11. Their list of accomplishments includes many things, but strangely doesn't include cashing checks they did not earn. One question though, when was the last time you saw the employees rallying around their management team at US. My guess it would be just about the time US destroyed PI and PSA

As to the second part, evidently you are delusional since I was not responding to nor quoted your post..... :p Unless you are posting under multiple names..... :shock:
Oh please...many years of mismanagement blah blah.... Delta is failing, with a less than desirable plan or reorganization. You are saying this entire management team at DL was put in place solely to fix all the wrongs of previous mgmt and emerge them successfully from ch11?

Who is cashing checks they did not earn? DL certainly will be upon their emergence. In fact, I am certain creditors are keeping them "afloat" during the bankruptcy process.

Uhh, many employees at US, both east and west, are happy to be here today. We do our job well, with sometimes limited resources, and want the company to thrive. Labor contracts are being negotiated, and that is always a point of contention. Does not mean that US employees dont support MGMT and expect them to do the right thing.

Why dont you go ask the pilots of DL how happy they are right about now.. ;)

Employees involved in a possible merger are always fearful, due to lack of information and uncertainty. If this merger can create an airline with strength and profitability going forward, I am all for it. Call me US, call me DL, just give me a fair, industry leading contract, with job security. I dont ask for much. :shock:

Nope, posting under only this name. :ph34r:

US "destroyed" PI and PSA years ago. Doug and current management had nothing to do with it. But I know it still hurts. Everyday. :(

The answer is they happen to be proud of their airline even with all they have been through. They now have a management team that enjoys a mutual respect for each other. Not many from the US or HP that post here seem to have the same dedication or respect to/of their management team.

Post on Flyertalk...

Date: November 17, 2006

To: All Delta Employees

Subject: Keep Delta My Delta

By now, all of you have heard about the hostile takeover bid from US Airways. As your peers, we are very aware of the concern that this has caused among Delta employees around the world. In our meeting with Jerry yesterday, shortly after he received the news of the bid, he continued to say that his intention is for Delta to emerge from bankruptcy as an independent, stand-alone company.

As we met with fellow employees after the announcement, we were astounded by the groundswell of pride. No doubt, this renewed pride in Delta is a reflection of the tremendous progress we have made in the last year and our deep dedication to Delta's unique heritage. From new uniforms and the cleanest planes in the industry to exciting new international destinations, an incredible in-flight product, all while our customer service ratings continue to climb. But all of this has made us an attractive target to airlines that cannot make it on their own and want to leverage the success that has been created by the sole efforts of Delta people. In fact, we have already received reports of newsletters sent out by US Airways to its employees boasting of how great life will be once they take over our company.

As we go forward we can expect other carriers to want to leverage the momentum that Delta has ignited. To be sure, we do not want others to rob us of our efforts, our history, and our heritage. Delta Air Lines was built by Delta people and must remain a company run by the people of Delta. Our role must be to continue to raise the value of Delta so that we can remain in charge of our own destiny and make decisions in Delta people’s best interest. How do we do this? Every employee must be dedicated to "Keep Delta My Delta." Continue to provide unrivaled service, win all of the tie breakers with our competitors, and continue to do the little things that set us apart from every other airline - and that make us so attractive to others inside and outside of our industry.

We can and will win this battle. Every effort from every Delta employee is our best defense against aggressive, hostile action against our company. We all have a stake in this battle. This is our time to shine and ensure that we all work together as only we can to "Keep Delta My Delta."

We are having “Keep Delta My Delta†buttons, stickers and wristbands made. Please join us in proudly wearing these to show everyone, everywhere, that our only interest is to “Keep Delta My Delta.â€

Anne Larkin – ACS Beth Graham – IFS Bill Morey – RES Sales and CTOs

Christopher Muise – Supervisory/Administrative Jack Roth - TechOps
Umm, I can understand the swell of pride, that is only natural. But it would still be DL, with a stronger route network, and a larger market share. It's simply a fear of the unknown. I am sure the upper mgmt brainwashing does not help as they scramble to tweak that POR.....

I say, best to both DL and US, whatever that turns out to be.....

After reading all the "oh not us...the superior dal BS!", I hope we tell them to kiss our f :censored: ass and I hope they go right under. Would everyone ASSociated with DAL be so KEEP DELTA MY DELTA if it were anyone BUT US Airways interested in merging? I hope and pray American buys you and puts all your sorry asses on the bottom and that's EXACTLY where they will put you. No, Chapter 7 you and sell you off in bits.

All you SOB Delta employees AND customers alike can GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!

One thing I hope DL employees realize is even though they may prefer things stay as they are if DL is to be merged please consider this carefully. A US/DL merger will probably cause more changes for current US employees than DL. The DL name stays, good chance will use DL's computer system as so many more employees know it than Sabre/Shares. A lot better chance of little or no shrinkage at ATL than CLT. Decent chance HDQ will stay in ATL, if it does move Tempe is nice. And knowing Doug and team would not be surprised to see the beloved widget on the new livery. Now let says UA outbids US and buys DL instead. My guess would be the name is United, HDQ would be in Chicago ( and if you think its HOT in Tempe in the summer try Chicago in the winter) Computer goes to Apollo and I doubt you will ever see a widget on a United aircraft. This is just my two cents but to the fine folks at DL if a US/DL merger does occur it might not be that bad.

Respectfully

LGA777

The DL employees with the most to worry about are managers.

They need to run like hell every time they see a bus.

Agreed 100% most Delta employees manager and below have nothing to worry about but Directors & VPs are quite another story. How many Old US VPs left 1 or 2?

Agreed 100% most Delta employees manager and below have nothing to worry about but Directors & VPs are quite another story. How many Old US VPs left 1 or 2?
======================================================

Pretty much all of the flight operations and maintenance folks are still here

After reading all the "oh not us...the superior dal BS!", I hope we tell them to kiss our f :censored: ass and I hope they go right under. Would everyone ASSociated with DAL be so KEEP DELTA MY DELTA if it were anyone BUT US Airways interested in merging? I hope and pray American buys you and puts all your sorry asses on the bottom and that's EXACTLY where they will put you. No, Chapter 7 you and sell you off in bits.

All you SOB Delta employees AND customers alike can GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!
Typical of the sour employees of US that is one reason that I and other VFF left. Nice attititude. Just remember, what goes around, comes around.

You are apart of a train wreck. The laughing stock of the industry. Trailer thrash airlines. Considered by the FF community to be the worst in the industry. (worse than ASA and that is a true insult) Enjoy BKK 4 within the next year when this little ponzi scheme blows up......and it will blow up.

Oh please...many years of mismanagement blah blah.... Delta is failing, with a less than desirable plan or reorganization. You are saying this entire management team at DL was put in place solely to fix all the wrongs of previous mgmt and emerge them successfully from ch11?

Just goes to show how uninformed you are. Just keep spouting the bile. Oh, BTW, seriously doubt you have clue what is in DL's plan, but my guess it has more accurate information than US's. I mean afterall the US tender was made with the information US could get off the DL website according to dougie. Yep, that is a wealth of information. And yes this team was put into place to bring them out of BK and to take them beyond. But of course once again you are not interested in learning the facts or doing any research but continue you to show how little you know by your continued ramblings.

Who is cashing checks they did not earn? DL certainly will be upon their emergence. In fact, I am certain creditors are keeping them "afloat" during the bankruptcy process.

dougie among others.....

Uhh, many employees at US, both east and west, are happy to be here today.
Really, you would never know it by the post here or by flying US….

We do our job well, with sometimes limited resources, and want the company to thrive.
Highly debatable. It is a train wreck .

Why dont you go ask the pilots of DL how happy they are right about now.. ;)
I have and they are. They have NO desire to fly with US

Nope, posting under only this name. :ph34r: ;)

Riiiigggghhttt. Just going by what you posted. I mean, geez, you basically admitted it.

I say, best to both DL and US, whatever that turns out to be.....

Which will be the creditors telling dougie the wonder boy to pound salt again……

Maybe Delta employees will get luck and US Airways will go away ... SO ... they can take the next offer ...... from AA ..... lol lol.

With the US Airways deal nothing much changes for a Delta employee. They keep their name, add the US Air system to their network and get fresh management.

Could be A LOT worst.

Maybe Delta employees will get luck and US Airways will go away ... SO ... they can take the next offer ...... from AA ..... lol lol.

With the US Airways deal nothing much changes for a Delta employee. They keep their name, add the US Air system to their network and get fresh management.

Could be A LOT worst.
Not by much. But that is my fear. Just like PI all over again.

The genie is out of the bottle and I'm not sure that DL will be able to control the end of the game. Of this I'm sure, it will not be US.

Typical of the sour employees of US that is one reason that I and other VFF left. Nice attititude. Just remember, what goes around, comes around.
You are apart of a train wreck. The laughing stock of the industry. Trailer thrash airlines. Considered by the FF community to be the worst in the industry. (worse than ASA and that is a true insult) Enjoy BKK 4 within the next year when this little ponzi scheme blows up......and it will blow up.

Listen LFP

My paycheck is secure!! Delta's is not. What's US stock trading at?

SOUR? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its so funny that you find my post SOUR but what I posted doesn't HAIL to the garbage from the Atlanta paper from FF's and employee or your sorry asss attitude. I was one of the Piedmont employees you long for. From the beginning of the PI/US merger, people like you b######! You couldn't let go and still can't. NOTHING can make people like you happy. You just throw around terms like TRAILOR TRASH and WORST airline or BKK 4. WELL, I AM AGAINST A DAL MERGER AND TAKING THEIR BITTER..CAN NEVER PLEASE.. "CUSTOMERS" LIKE YOU!!

We are people TOO and you and others don't mind coming on here posting how much others hate us but when we get fed up with the likes of idiots like you and stand up to you, we are sour?

As the Dal employees and customers say...JUST GO AWAY..WE DON'T WANT YOU!!

You can GFY as well.

GLAD THE FEELINGS MUTUAL!!

As your people say

NOW GO AWAY!! WE DON'T WANT YOU!!!!

I was one of the Piedmont employees you long for.
No I don't think so, but I will say you have adapted well to the US attitude.

Must be hard to go through life with so much hate and anger. Sorry to see it.

Just remember you are what you post......

Latest posts

Back