Some UAL Employees Spoiled Rotten

N230UA

Advanced
Sep 24, 2002
Visit site
Evidenced by the attitudes on this board...
Prior to the current Bankruptcy/wage giveback crisis, UAL employees were certainly not mistreated in terms of compensation.
The best travel benefits in the industry.
Industry leading pay and the most cushy work rules for pilots and mechanics.
Flight Attendants who are by no means underpaid compared to their comrades.
I think some are so bitter that they won''t even know what they until until they lose it (if UAL liquidates). And there are those that would take pleasure or breathe a sigh of relief to see the company fail (yes, this is bitterness to the next level).
It seems as if God himself could not please some of the rabid mobs at United Airlines.
Flame away.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/13/2003 9:40:01 AM N230UA wrote:

Prior to the current Bankruptcy/wage giveback crisis, UAL employees were certainly not mistreated in terms of compensation.

The best travel benefits in the industry.

Industry leading pay and the most cushy work rules for pilots and mechanics.

Flight Attendants who are by no means underpaid compared to their comrades.

I think some are so bitter that they won't even know what they until until they lose it (if UAL liquidates). And there are those that would take pleasure or breathe a sigh of relief to see the company fail (yes, this is bitterness to the next level).

It seems as if God himself could not please some of the rabid mobs at United Airlines.

Flame away.
----------------
[/blockquote]

werd....

Does the industry need a company so full of bitterness by its employees? If they were not happy before the crisis, and reason to expect that they will be later?

I can't help think the DOT would think that a liquitdation would solve the over capacity problem with one stroke. Sure, cities like DEN and IAD would be inconvenienced in the short term as the remaining carriers shift their capacity around, but it would be over in a few months.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/13/2003 9:40:01 AM N230UA wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]
I think that's the problem with your basic premise. Remember, the 20-25 United employees that actively post on this board are a VERY small sample out of the total of approximately 80,000 current United employees. Of course, I recognize that some United employees are indeed bitter, and they probably have a right to be (especially with regard to any ESOP contributions). But while I'm certainly not suggesting that United's management-labor relationship is an example that other companies should follow, I think that it's a stretch to argue that such bitterness (however widespread it may be) will by itself lead United into Chapter 7. The key will be whether United's employees can put aside their bitterness while on the job so that work is done properly and an appropriately businesslike, and perhaps even pleasant, "public face" is presented to the carrier's customers. And FWIW, my experience on United lately is that the employees have really tried to be customer-friendly.

Speaking of United employees who post on this board, I miss the insight (and occasionally the eloquence) of some that we haven't heard from in a while, such as UAL777flyer and ManCityFan, among others. Hopefully, they will return in the near future and offer their thoughts on United's current predicament.

Latest posts