South America

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
I was just wondering can a A-319/320 Make it from CLT to Sao Paulo Nonstop? If they could that would be a great route to start South America with. If not, I guess US would have to wait til they get get some extra A330's in hand.

I was just wondering can a A-319/320 Make it from CLT to Sao Paulo Nonstop?

The great circle distance from CLT to GRU is 4017 nm. That is slightly further than CLT to SFO and back to CLT which is 3990 nm. Thats equal to 4592 miles on your car's odometer.

The A320 family does not have that type of range.

DENVER,CO

The great circle distance from CLT to GRU is 4017 nm. That is slightly further than CLT to SFO and back to CLT which is 3990 nm. Thats equal to 4592 miles on your car's odometer.

The A320 family does not have that type of range.

DENVER,CO
OK Thanks, I just was thinking that US could utilize some of their Airbii on routes like that. I am sure they would be money makers.

Continental uses a 767-400 on this run from IAH. I don't ever recall anything less than this. They do use a 757-200 or a 757-300 on a lot of South American routes (and even the 737-800 on some) but I've never seen anything that wasn't a widebody on routes like Sao Paolo or Santiago...that's w-a-y down there.

Miami to like BA or Santiago, etc....looking at 8-10 hours flight time. So add another 1.5 hours or so for Miami to Charlotte, and you have a long flight. Besides Mgmt was asked about S.America and they stated that the economics didn't make sense to fly down there.

i think the a319 can make it to manaus brazil from clt which is starting to be a very popular destination from the states.