Southwest vs Alaska on West Coast

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Funny how this guy picks ALK over SWA just because they have more "West Coast" cities. Not a true or good enough reason in my mind. I would be more leaning SWA side for the much, much more connections thru-out the rest of the USA not just the West Coast cities.
Also no mention what-so-ever, of the way the customers are or get treated by the crew staff, a big reason to consider in a big way.
Need to do a follow up article on the load factor numbers after a full year, and let the real customers judge them for themselves, not someone who has to fly the airlines for a living in order to draw up an article about their trips. And remember, Southwest only recently built up the West Coast flights, give it some time and check in after a year or two.
I do give Alaska the advantage when it comes to seating choices, first class, over coach seating, but other than that, all the rest of the seats are the same in both, but, Alaska only allows the highest paid tickets board first so not all customers have the option of the better seats as they do with Southwest's open seating.
Although Alaska is cheaper than most their rivals, they are not cheaper than SWA, plus bags fly free and you can carry on with Southwest for free too. I say let the load factor numbers tell the story...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/flew-southwest-alaska-two-airlines-123600454.html

Funny how this guy picks ALK over SWA just because they have more "West Coast" cities. Not a true or good enough reason in my mind. I would be more leaning SWA side for the much, much more connections thru-out the rest of the USA not just the West Coast cities.
Also no mention what-so-ever, of the way the customers are or get treated by the crew staff, a big reason to consider in a big way.
Need to do a follow up article on the load factor numbers after a full year, and let the real customers judge them for themselves, not someone who has to fly the airlines for a living in order to draw up an article about their trips. And remember, Southwest only recently built up the West Coast flights, give it some time and check in after a year or two.
I do give Alaska the advantage when it comes to seating choices, first class, over coach seating, but other than that, all the rest of the seats are the same in both, but, Alaska only allows the highest paid tickets board first so not all customers have the option of the better seats as they do with Southwest's open seating.
Although Alaska is cheaper than most their rivals, they are not cheaper than SWA, plus bags fly free and you can carry on with Southwest for free too. I say let the load factor numbers tell the story...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/flew-southwest-alaska-two-airlines-123600454.html

Sorry Brother', but WN is " WAL-MART w/wings ".

Don't believe me, then check-out the "outfits" on WN's passengers as they deplane, as I have, for 23 years, up here in MHT !

Again, SORRY !

Bear you need to come out of hibernation....
Going on 42 years seeing passengers getting on and off. It’s nothing like it was when I first flew. You dressed up in
your Sunday best. I don’t care what airline, restaurant, store or church you go to just look around. Yoga pants, cutoffs, tattoos, ear, nose, navel or wherever piercings.
That’s the way it is today. Good or bad things have changed.....

Reactions: swamt
Sorry Brother', but WN is " WAL-MART w/wings ".

Don't believe me, then check-out the "outfits" on WN's passengers as they deplane, as I have, for 23 years, up here in MHT !

Again, SORRY !
Don't be sorry, I know, we hear it all the time. Also the "Greyhound Bus of the skies"
I understand what you mean though, we only have coach, nothing more than snacks, all seats are the exact same except for exit rows and front 2 rows, and of course the last 2 back rows that don't recline (along with fwd of exit rows). However, our seat pitch IS NOT the lowest in the industry. Our average is around 31-32 where quite a few others are 28-30 thru-out.

Instead of Wal-Mart, could we maybe use Sams Wholesale instead? :)
And instead of Greyhound Bus of the skies, a charter bus instead? :)

Don't be sorry, I know, we hear it all the time. Also the "Greyhound Bus of the skies"
I understand what you mean though, we only have coach, nothing more than snacks, all seats are the exact same except for exit rows and front 2 rows, and of course the last 2 back rows that don't recline (along with fwd of exit rows). However, our seat pitch IS NOT the lowest in the industry. Our average is around 31-32 where quite a few others are 28-30 thru-out.

Instead of Wal-Mart, could we maybe use Sams Wholesale instead? :)
And instead of Greyhound Bus of the skies, a charter bus instead? :)

swamt.

Don't misunderstand me, WN certainly has a niche' that works !

Bear you need to come out of hibernation....
Going on 42 years seeing passengers getting on and off. It’s nothing like it was when I first flew. You dressed up in
your Sunday best. I don’t care what airline, restaurant, store or church you go to just look around. Yoga pants, cutoffs, tattoos, ear, nose, navel or wherever piercings.
That’s the way it is today. Good or bad things have changed.....

Ah, 'Ground', I must digress.

The first time one see's a 300 lb. " HIPPOPOTAMUS ", shoe horned into a pair of Yoga Pants, w/ " CAMEL TOE " to match, is something that is seared into one's psyche for as long as one LIVES.

I RARELY see that coming off of AA,UA or DEL-DAH, at least here in MHT !!

swamt.

Don't misunderstand me, WN certainly has a niche' that works !

All the fare sales they are having as of late helps pack them in too.
Having the same planes as well as the same seating thru-out the fleet saves $$$ big time. A cost saving measure that goes along, long way across 715 + aircraft.