Specter: "he's A Scoundrel"

nycbusdriver said:
FlyingHippie said:
ISP,
Friend was flying home from Sao Paulo. US doesn't fly to Brazil. Also, you're assuming this person is female. Why does everyone assume airline pilots are male?
For the same reason everyone assumes spouses are of the opposite sex?

------
In Canada its same sex, aye?

Flying on DL?
One word. NON STOP...

Wouldn't you?

I take CO non stop to New York when I fly...
Let's not read into anything..:)

Let's not forget how many PA jobs have either vanished, or became low paying Express jobs already. We are down to 3 mainline stations in the state and that could be 2 very soon. ERI, AVP and ABE are gone and MDT may be next. With all of the Government Dollars that have been handed out, PA has not faired well with lost jobs. The Unemployment in the state due to this company alone must be adding up to some big numbers. Express is nothing more than a place for the Working Poor.

We in NC know how PA feels. What once was a vibrant network - ISO, OAJ, ILM, FAY, RDU, GSO, INT, AVL, all mainline, plus HKY, SOP, EWN, RWI, PGV as express feed to CLT, has been decimated. We once fought off AA, UA, CO and DL. Now ASA is waxing our a$$, for God's sake! :angry:

NC is now reduced to RDU, ILM and GSO with mainline, and I'm betting the farm that list will shorten soon. Unbelievable, with Uncle Sam moving troops like it's going our of style, to have express service to FAY (Pope AFB and Ft. Bragg) and OAJ (Camp LeJeune) Here's the rest of that story. The freakin' express flights can't carry Marines AND their seabags - too heavy. So we have our fighting men and women arriving at their destinations sans seabag, which contains everything Uncle Sam's Misguided Children allows privates and corporals to have. Great contribution to the war on terrorism, U! :angry: CLT is reduced to trucking or rerouting the bags later.

Gotta go before I get out of hand :shock: :shock:

Most of those NC stations were "Expressed" years ago. I remember the fine days of the Shorts 360 and the last flight of the night as a dual destination to SOP and OAJ. Golfers and Marines with seabags. Add some fog, and a weight restrictive MEL, you have a recipe for disaster from a customer service perspective. Those same bonehaeds are still in marketing. This company would take some some giant leaps towards being consistently profitable (and in turn, be able to smooth over some employee morale issues, as everyone is happy when the team is winning) by getting some testosterone in the marketing department as Piney Bob suggested on another thread.

How Much Does Senator Spector and therest of MY PA reps
really care.

Let's see AVP WENT MAINLINE EXPRESS.

Let's see ABE WENT MAINLINE EXPRESS.

Myself and my co-workers have either took furloughs,paycuts or have
transfered to try and SURVIE this mess.

Do you really think the Senator really cares.

It's ELECTION YEAR FOR HIM AND HE IS LOOKING FOR VOTES.

WHO'S NEXT IN PA ON THE Seigel chopping block.

For seigel truely doesn't care.

ISP said:
How come if "FRIEND's" husband is a US pilot, she was flying Delta? Doesn't make sense now does it?
Probably couldn't get a seat on the US Airways regional jet, and opted for the Delta MD88.

Light Years said:
The other 39% of the airline that arent working seem to be widely forgotten.
Gotta Agree with you on that one, I used to wonder why he no longer works for CO if he's done such a good job. Thanks Dave "labor friendly" Siegel.

(furloughed 3months shy of 17years...)

All:

While it may be heartening that Spector and others know Seigel is a "scoundrel" it is irrelevant to his plan for PIT. He already knows what he is going to do there just as he knew he would take the pilots pension and come for round 2 of pay cuts shortly after round 1. The plan is in the works and what Allegheny County and Spector do on don't do is not important. IMO PIT is history as a mainline hub. Seigel is trying to get costs as low as possible prior to announcing MDA being based there and moving all the mainline hubbing to PHL and CLT. The only mainline jets in PIT will be the ones passing through. In other words, PIT will be the MDA base. Regardless of how much more he sucks out of the county. He is setting up the politicians, managing their expectations if you will, so that in the end they will be thrilled they were able to "save" the MDA operation from going anywhere other than PIT. That is why he is delaying things. He is using the same tactics he used with us. Just changing it a bit. This isn't rocket science.

How do we deal with it? Well, we can't. It is legal (if unethical) and is part of his "plan" that has us losing money with 80% load factors. The only way we fight this "scoundrel" is when he attempts to circumnavigate our contracts such as farming out Airbus maintenance. At that point we all better become ONE labor group or we will all be working on RJ's or worse.

mr

Why not fly another airline? We can't get on our own because the loads are so heavy. Also, if I had a choice to fly a MD80 or an RJ, I'd fly the MD80 hands down.

FlyingHippie said:
It should be clear as a bell to "Daddy Warbucks" in Alabama that his chosen one has become a liability to the company. Mr. Bronner if you are reading this think long and hard. Is this what you want political leaders to think of your investment? Do that right thing, replace Siegel ASAP.
Hippie,

Don't think for one second that Alabama Dave isn't the driving force behind Arlington Dave. Bonner is calling the shots, there is no doubt in my mind about that. I think if things had gone through with TPG, our situation would be much different. Think about the timeline of the events. Round one of consessions (necessary for survival of the company), then bankruptcy (again necessary for the survival of the company).

Then, in walks Bonner... round two of concessions with the threat of liquidation and the pilot pension termination.

I am absolutely convinced that Bonner is playing Gepetto and Siegel has the starring role, complete with growing nose.

It is so sad for us all though because so many people's lives have been turned upside-down and I really hope things turn around soon.

Regards,
DCAflyer :ph34r:

FlyingHippie said:
It should be clear as a bell to "Daddy Warbucks" in Alabama that his chosen one has become a liability to the company. Mr. Bronner if you are reading this think long and hard. Is this what you want political leaders to think of your investment? Do that right thing, replace Siegel ASAP.
Hippie,

Don't think for one second that Alabama Dave isn't the driving force behind Arlington Dave. Bonner is calling the shots, there is no doubt in my mind about that. I think if things had gone through with TPG, our situation would be much different. Think about the timeline of the events. Round one of consessions (necessary for survival of the company), then bankruptcy (again necessary for the survival of the company).

Then, in walks Bonner... round two of concessions with the threat of liquidation and the pilot pension termination.

I am absolutely convinced that Bonner is playing Gepetto and Siegel has the starring role, complete with growing nose.

It is so sad for us all though because so many people's lives have been turned upside-down and I really hope things turn around soon.

Regards,
DCAflyer

Latest posts