St Louis hub endangered

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOPEFUL????????????????????????????????????????

In the airline industry????????????????

You should know better than anyone having worked for TWA and AA!

----------------
On 7/2/2003 10:19:44 AM MiAAmi wrote:

When was TWA making money?

----------------​
When was American ever making money?

----------------
On 7/4/2003 10:23:16 AM Hopeful wrote:

PROMISES! PROMISES!

Get over this promises crap. Weren''t the folks at TWA promised certain things like we all were when he hired on with our employers?

The world has changed my TWA friends. 9/11 COMPOUNDED AN ALREADY WEAKENING AIRLINE INDUSTRY.

First, you are NOT my friend, Second, Carty flapped his mouth before the DOT in order to MAKE the deal. Otherwise, the DOT would not have approved the sale w/o it''s employees. An arbitrator was, wisely, hired as per a request by the DOT and AA/ APFU never showed the professional "courtesy" of ONE phone call (to tell us they were going to screw us).

Further, to whomever stated that STL would only have a "couple of corporate accounts"---You have never lived there so don''t make assumptions. It is an extremely large convention area that brings millions into our city. Ever businessman I have had in 23yrs. HATES going thru DFW/ORD and goes thru us as it is so much easier. And, finally, STL has the BEST Italian in the world ie. Tony''s.
You may certain speak your mind, HOPEFUL, but it is your demeanor that draws so many negative responses. To have such a call name as yours one would think that you were more polite..it might help

I suppose that since AA promised the 20,000 TWA people jobs, AA should just lay off AA people because we were not promised jobs for life as you were, ISN''T THAT RIGHT?

----------------​

Well, Well Well!

Damn right I'm angry! The purchase of TWA, whether or not a good idea at the time WILL have been the decision that killed AA. Let's think about this! AA was a very profitable company as were some other majors. The economy changed, 9/11 came and the airline industry changed forever. TWA would have certainly died hadn't it been for AA or some other white knight carrier. If AA is headed for extinction, TWA was put on life support for a few more years. After AA liquidates, will you TWA ingrates continue to sue for more justice?

----------------
On 7/6/2003 8:30:09 PM Hopeful wrote:

Well, Well Well!

Damn right I''m angry! The purchase of TWA, whether or not a good idea at the time WILL have been the decision that killed AA. Let''s think about this! AA was a very profitable company as were some other majors. The economy changed, 9/11 came and the airline industry changed forever. TWA would have certainly died hadn''t it been for AA or some other white knight carrier. If AA is headed for extinction, TWA was put on life support for a few more years. After AA liquidates, will you TWA ingrates continue to sue for more justice?

----------------​
Certainly died! Are you sure of that? I''m not! Did you know TWA was talking to at least two other Companies when A.A. came along? There will be no closer!!!!!

----------------
On 7/6/2003 10:03:14 PM MCI transplant wrote:

Certainly died! Are you sure of that? I''m not! Did you know TWA was talking to at least two other Companies when A.A. came along? There will be no closer!!!!!

----------------​
Which two companies was TWA talking to?

Two other companies?

I keep hearing this from the TWA ingrates!

WHAT 2 COMPANIES?

Whatever the 2 COMPANIES may have been, they would now find themselves teetering on extinction like AA because they purchased a failed carrier.

And spare me the TWA was making money rhetoric! If this were true, TWA would have continued to fly solo rather than look for a retirement home for its employees!

----------------
On 7/7/2003 6:32:39 AM Hopeful wrote:

Two other companies?

WHAT 2 COMPANIES?

Whatever the 2 COMPANIES may have been, they would now find themselves teetering on extinction like AA because they purchased a failed carrier.

And spare me the TWA was making money rhetoric! If this were true, TWA would have continued to fly solo rather than look for a retirement home for its employees!

----------------​
Get off of you lazy backside! Do a little of your own homework! Maybe you''ll learn something! Although, I doubt it!!

----------------
On 7/7/2003 10:54:52 AM MCI transplant wrote:

----------------
On 7/7/2003 6:32:39 AM Hopeful wrote:

Two other companies?

WHAT 2 COMPANIES?

----------------​
Get off of you lazy backside! Do a little of your own homework! Maybe you''ll learn something! Although, I doubt it!!

----------------​
Which two companies was TWA talking to?

----------------
On 7/6/2003 10:03:14 PM MCI transplant wrote:

----------------
On 7/6/2003 8:30:09 PM Hopeful wrote:

Well, Well Well!

Damn right I''m angry! The purchase of TWA, whether or not a good idea at the time WILL have been the decision that killed AA. Let''s think about this! AA was a very profitable company as were some other majors. The economy changed, 9/11 came and the airline industry changed forever. TWA would have certainly died hadn''t it been for AA or some other white knight carrier. If AA is headed for extinction, TWA was put on life support for a few more years. After AA liquidates, will you TWA ingrates continue to sue for more justice?

----------------​

----------------​

Which two companies was TWA in talks with before AA came along?

Testimony given in court stated that Boeing was one of the groups willing to assist TWA. According to other sources, America West and TWA were in preliminary merger talks. Other information revealed in testimony indicates TWA had substantial cash and had no need for bankruptcy at the time of purchase. The AA hype about saving TWA jobs due to the immediate demise of TWA was just that - hype and spin - to pressure congress and TWA employees to accept the deal ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts