Sunday night in CLT

Untill you've worked the front lines, you have NO IDEA what these people have been through.

One thing many of them havent been thru is proper training. We had people from RSW in a class on Feb 27th that were doing a quick 2 day QIK/Shares class (they have been working QIK/Sabre), but whoa, they were freaking out at some of the responses. They were two different systems, yet everyone (in training and management) seemed to think that a two day class in the "new" system would be sufficient. WRONG! The gate systems, and their responses, are totally different. The girls couldnt read the standby list (it has a lot of junk on it that needs to go), the way standbys are cleared is different and that was just for starters. I can only imagine what some of the other cities had to go thru. I've had QIK/Shares use for over a year and there are still things that are confusing. Two days of training just doesnt cut it. :down: :down:

Coach,

You must just be a whiner, cause Mr. Kirby says you have all the staff you need..... <ducking>

Some ticket and gate agents have complained of being short-staffed at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport -- a problem they said was made worse during last week's problems with the reservations system. Kirby said he believes Charlotte/Douglas is properly staffed.

See end of story

Coach,

You must just be a whiner, cause Mr. Kirby says you have all the staff you need..... <ducking>
Letter to Doug Parker from Larry Cohen and James P.Hoffa
March 12, 2007
CWA

Some ticket and gate agents have complained of being short-staffed at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport -- a problem they said was made worse during last week's problems with the reservations system. Kirby said he believes Charlotte/Douglas is properly staffed.
See end of story
You may not be aware, however, that understaffing and mandatory overtime are routine in too many airport locations. In Charlotte, for example, on a daily basis, there are 38-40 vacancies in airport customer service, with similar short staffing at Philadelphia, Boston and other locations systemwide. Union representatives have provided documentation and raised this issue with management for more than a year, with no results.
http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34214

I know, that really wasn't my point. I was speaking more of the power of the Internet.
I know. I just forgot the :p

At least with Lime Boy, you knew what you were dealing with. As I've said before, several if not all of the management in the castle could teach him a thing or two about spin......as many here and in the AZ press are finding out now. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would miss the gang in CCY.

Back