Support and Encouragement for Employees Thread

It's so true. Most pax have no idea just how belabored gate agents are, and what a stressful, thankless job it is. While they certainly get the brunt of abuse, I have a feeling that soon they will be in good company with check-in agents and FA's.

UA and DL have monitors which show the position of standbys and upgrade hopefuls. I'm sure this technology cuts down considerably on the amount of interruptions suffered by GA's. But US is so far behind the 8-ball technology-wise that I'm sure it'll be another 10 or 15 years before we see these at US gates. The best they can do now is the occasional lighted sign indicated over the gate that "First Class Checked In Full." And even then, I've gotten paged at the gate to notify me that I was upgraded.

America West was always a real caring family, being mainly an PHX carrier. Luvies to all of our LAS, and old Columbus family!!!! :wub:

Being US is even better! I have met such wonderful, dedicated employees all around the system. I have learned A LOT FROM OUR EAST COUNTERPARTS!!!

And For once, I feel I work for a real airline, even though it might be managed by Hp. You guys and gals are true professionals. Thank you so much! I had a blast with HP for many years, and will continue to enjoy, and fight the fight with US for years to come!!!! :up: :)

Back