Message From Doug

Hey, if she had a problem with an executive that she felt compelled to bring to Doug's attention, have the ovaries to say it in front of the person she is accusing or talking about.

And yes, don't trust anyone with things in writing......you'd have thought that she would have learned that with the incident and her travel benefits. Things in writing have a way of coming back to haunt you.

MarkMyWords said:
Hey, if she had a problem with an executive that she felt compelled to bring to Doug's attention, have the ovaries to say it in front of the person she is accusing or talking about.

And yes, don't trust anyone with things in writing......you'd have thought that she would have learned that with the incident and her travel benefits. Things in writing have a way of coming back to haunt you.
[post="308073"][/post]​
You are confirming what we the few have been blasted for saying: "The same old same old".

She was set up, you know it and everyone knows it, what side of the fence do you live on Mark...Hmm

MarkMyWords said:
Eric -

If I am reading PitBulls response to you correctly - she sent an e-mail to Doug, about another executive - let's say his name is Alan.  When Doug replied to her e-mail, he not only replied to her, but copied Alan in on the note as well. 

In a way, I kinda think that is admirable.  Rather then talking behind someone's back, he was willing to address the issue directly.  PitBull, if you didn't want your remarks/comments to get back to the person you wrote about, you shouldn't put it in writing!  Lesson learned?
[post="308067"][/post]​

Uh, no. That's not how it went. Obviously you were not forwarded the e-mail. And Dougie didn't reply...HE JUST FORWARDED THE E-MAIL.

How I knew he even forwarded it, the coward, is that the exec read it to me.

No sir. I am not a fan of this managment, nor the new one. I believe my intuition has not let me down YET!!!

Well the situation was unclear from you post so it was just a guess on my part.

Guess you won't have to worry about interacting with these "cowards" much longer.

robbedagain said:
i'd say give him a chance. HP employees gave him a chance he took care of them and now it is his turn to take care of all those who remain.
[post="307903"][/post]​
Is 7.50hr your idea of taking care?

PineyBob said:
I think the point is that they gave the furloughed employees access to the opportunities available. They also based on what I read provided some counseling along with outplacement services.

I think if you compare and contrast the HP handling of the downturn with what US has done it would seem that HP is vastly more people oriented.

As for the $7.50/hr. I don't think anyone was held at gunpoint to take those jobs either before or after the layoffs. It's called a free market.
[post="308135"][/post]​

That's a $15,600 salary a year. Do the math...can't afford to put gas in the car daily and go to work. PUtting money in to transfer to hold a job where you can make that amount spraying perfume at a department store for $8 an hour.

Corporate Execs won't be happy until Labor is living in tents with their grand children and extended families and riding bikes to get to work.

MarkMyWords said:

[post="308073"][/post]​

Do you think any of the Palace denizens ever talked about the 'bull behind her back? :shock: ?

Leadership, what a concept!

Mark,

A distinction without a difference, in my view.

If we are going to confront one another with our issues (an excellent idea, in my experience - a lot of folks will put a sock in it rather than confront the object of their petty gripes!) everybody should do so, yes?

Including the CEO.

Now having established this dynamic, I hope Mr. Parker sees it through.

Every time.

PITbull said:
Corporate Execs won't be happy until Labor is living in tents with their grand children and extended families and riding bikes to get to work.
[post="308208"][/post]​
Yes, I'm sure that's their entire goal in life.

PineyBob said:
I think the point is that they gave the furloughed employees access to the opportunities available. They also based on what I read provided some counseling along with outplacement services.

I think if you compare and contrast the HP handling of the downturn with what US has done it would seem that HP is vastly more people oriented.

As for the $7.50/hr. I don't think anyone was held at gunpoint to take those jobs either before or after the layoffs. It's called a free market.
[post="308135"][/post]​

Gotta take issue there, PB.

The largest US employer, in terms of sales and number of employees, is WalMart.

I know of few people who want to work there - there aren't a lot of choices, sometimes.

Supposedly, as in the past, education will lift one out of WalMart and into the promised land.

Perhaps not - note the lack of specifics here:

http://www.usmayors.org/uscm/us_mayor_news...4/Greenspan.asp

I have been frugal (or tightwad, as my wife would put it) throughout my life. Faced with a furlough, I took the education route.

But if we had kids, that would NOT have been an option - I would have had to find a job(s) right off the bat to keep my obligation to them.

As an interesting side note, one of my professors noted how the professions (lawyer, real estate, accountants, etc.) are, through the political arm of their professional organizations, are raising barriers to entry in their professions.

For instance, a two year associates degree in accounting used to qualify you to sit for the CPA exam. NOW, at the behest of the CPA association, you must have a bachelors degree with a concentration in accounting.

They didn't make it retroactive, though! ;)

But I'd bet the majority of these folks worship at the altar of the 'free market.'

Indeed!

rjh said:
Yes, I'm sure that's their entire goal in life.
[post="308285"][/post]​

You may want to check your history - it has been that way before in this country, it IS that way in some other countries, and who can say what tomorrow will bring?

I have had the privilege of attending a few functions where the high and mighty had a few drinks and let their hair down.

It'd surprise you the contempt in which a number of them hold the working class. Seems we're a drain on their portfolio! We're "greedy b#%&ards." A sure case of projection if I ever saw one!

Certainly not all hold this view. But it only takes one, if he's your CEO!

JMO.