Message From Doug

barbeetantrums said:
So those several hundred layoffs in 2003 at LGA and CMH mean nothing to you.
[post="308035"][/post]​

I was wrong. I remember now. Columbus hub is no longer. You stand corrected. I don't know if those folks were offered other positions. All in all compared to the rest of the industry we have had much fewer cutbacks. I'll be more careful when I make statements. To be honest with you I was slightly uncomfortable making the statement you pointed out, but could not find a reason at the time not to make it.

PITbull said:
Corporate Execs won't be happy until Labor is living in tents with their grand children and extended families and riding bikes to get to work.
[post="308208"][/post]​

PITbull, I can understand your anger...but for heaven's sake extreme statements like the one above undermine your credibility. Any GOOD manager knows a happy work force is a productive workforce. Doug understands this. Will he turn things around? No guarentees, but many of us think he can do it.

4) We will treat our employees with respect:

We cannot do any of the things above without the full energy and effort of each of you. We must pull together and work as a team if we are to reach our goals. America West and US Airways employees must work together and treat each other with mutual respect and a spirit of camaraderie. Most importantly, the company must treat its employees with respect.

Paladini and Crellin should not be here long. They cannnot operate under conditions as described above.

EricLv2Fish said:
PITbull, I can understand your anger...but for heaven's sake extreme statements like the one above undermine your credibility. Any GOOD manager knows a happy work force is a productive workforce. Doug understands this. Will he turn things around? No guarentees, but many of us think he can do it.
[post="308428"][/post]​

Perhaps PITbull has read these articles as well.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...gn_id=rss_magzn

The statistic that leaped out at me was of the 37 million Americans in poverty, 15 million lived in households headed by full-time workers.

Here's Greenspan's take - "The income gap between the rich and the rest of the US population has become so wide, and is growing so fast, that it might eventually threaten the stability of democratic capitalism itself."

Now there are certainly well-run companies that do right by their shareholders, customers and employees - God knows we need more of them.

But look at the shift over the past two decades. GM was the largest company on the planet. Every working person wanted to work in a place like that. They knew they could provide shelter, education and a future for their children.

Now WalMart is the largest company. Working people have no choice but to work there. Many qualify for social assistance.

Now it may be just me, but it seems the economy is headed the wrong way for working Americans.

Can we go back 20 years? No.

Are we doing anywhere near enough to help folks transition from one job to another? Income insurance? Educational assistance? Accessisble health care?

I can personally assure you we are not.

One last thought. GDP is, and has been on the increase (the pie is getting bigger). US workers are, and have been the most productive on the planet - even more productive than the Japanese during their economic heyday in the 80's.

So why are they going backwards?

And this is relevant to WHAT...?
Doug Parkers salary is closer to that of his front line employees than any other CEO in the industry.

diogenes said:
Perhaps PITbull has read these articles as well.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...gn_id=rss_magzn

But look at the shift over the past two decades. GM was the largest company on the planet. Every working person wanted to work in a place like that. They knew they could provide shelter, education and a future for their children.

Now WalMart is the largest company. Working people have no choice but to work there. Many qualify for social assistance.

Now it may be just me, but it seems the economy is headed the wrong way for working Americans.

Can we go back 20 years? No.

Are we doing anywhere near enough to help folks transition from one job to another? Income insurance? Educational assistance? Accessisble health care?

[post="308706"][/post]​

its a new world order.. adapt or perish

Race to the Top

China is thinking big.

"China's not racing us to the bottom," says Friedman. "They're racing us to the top. They don't want to work for General Motors. They want to be General Motors."

At the Microsoft lab in Beijing, employees are not just assembling, but also inventing software. A few miles away, at the Genomics Lab, Chinese researchers are mapping the human genome.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2...tent_479931.htm

Yes, I just can't tell you how pleased I am we have handed manufacturing, R&D and service jobs over to a country that still has a quasi-command economy and where the citizens enjoy no significant property or personal rights.

I can't tell you how pleased I am 'American' corporations like Yahoo and Microsoft work with the Chinese government to suppress citizens.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1482137/posts

http://www.iht.com/bin/print_ipub.php?file...rmoney/msft.php

I don't know about you, but I have no desire to experience life as Chinese citizens currently do.

I will agree that is the direction we are headed in, unless American citizens reclaim their constitutional sovereignity.

luvn737s said:
And this is relevant to WHAT...?
Doug Parkers salary is closer to that of his front line employees than any other CEO in the industry.
[post="308769"][/post]​

What it is relevant to is PITbull did not say Doug Parker in her post, she said " Corporate Execs...".

Eric took her to task, basically saying Parker is a good guy.

My point is, Parker notwithstanding, a significant number of companies are re-organizing our economy in a way that is detrimental to working folks, and cited two responsible sources in support.

As I have stated on other occassions,

1. I hope the new US works out well, as I have many friends depending on that outcome.

2, I have heard the just-call-me Dave routine before, and am not seduced by it. I will reserve judgement on Mr. Parker until I see some results.

He may be the neatest thing since sliced bread.

Then again, he may not.

No one will claim ownership to the New U until they see their input make a difference under the new leadership. So the onus is on both the employees to get positively involved and on the leadership to provide avenues and resources to make that happen.

The real hurdle, as I see it, is for the former U employees to recognize and embrace the new U as an airline very different from the old U. This will require adjusting to things being better in some ways (communication, perhaps) and worse in others (still tight with the $$). There may be things to which the old U people hold dear, yet don't work in the new airline environment. I think we have to give Parker and Co. the benefit of the doubt that they have a clear vision of what this new company will look like and they decided the name USAirways sounded good, but that it won't resemble the old U much at all.

It would be like merging the 76ers and Eagles under the Eagles name as a basketball team. There will be some period of adjustment and some folks just won't fit in.

EricLv2Fish said:
[post="308428"][/post]​

Geezus Eric, I don't know Doug Parker from Dave Siegel. We come from 3 years of living work hell...filled with emotional rollercoaster rides, anxiety, neurosis, effecting our physical well being with all these concessions and bk, stock loses, pension dumps.

Action speaks volumes. We have issues in our inflight dept that the managment that is there, that Doug Parker put in place is continuing to make our lives hell and making up new rules of engagement through more disciplines.

What's that about? And who is in control?

Tell me, does Doug know and does he care? Its our end that has the morale problem. If he wants to provide the antibiotic, he needs to know the symptoms and dx.

PITbull said:
Geezus Eric, I don't know Doug Parker from Dave Siegel. We come from 3 years of living work hell...filled with emotional rollercoaster rides, anxiety, neurosis, effecting our physical well being with all these concessions and bk, stock loses, pension dumps.

Action speaks volumes. We have issues in our inflight dept that the managment that is there, that Doug Parker put in place is continuing to make our lives hell and making up new rules of engagement through more disciplines.

Tell me, does Doug know and does he care? Its our end that has the morale problem. If he wants to provide the antibiotic, he needs to know the symptoms and dx.
[post="308937"][/post]​

you know pitbull, i have been dealing wtih hp people since the merger for reservations and flights and i'll tell you, those employees are really nice and friendly--he must be doing something right

Gee, I am so happy to hear how great the AWA employees think Doug is, but who is taking care of our end? Who is attempting to improve morale? Jerry Glass? The same Labor relations t3eam? Same inflight? Who???

What we need is for this NEW CEO to come over on our end and fix the problems associated with our constantly being in "job jeopardy" from these created new types of "sick charge disciplines".

Also, violating our contract by contesting unemployment when the f/a takes the VFLR that the company won't deal with and now we have to grieve, while the f/a is denied unemployment with no income because he/she trusted the co. to honor the contract that states they would not contest unemployment.

Is this egregious or what?

Where's Dougie?

PITbull said:

[post="308937"][/post]​

Pitbull, I know you don't know me from Adam...I really have to believe based on his track record (DP) that he will not let you or anyone else sink if he can help it. He is trying hard. You can see it in his face. Higher ups are starting to leave. Is it cause the heat has been turned up? Who knows...bottom line is house is starting to be cleaned.

EricLv2Fish said:
Pitbull, I know you don't know me from Adam...I really have to believe based on his track record (DP) that he will not let you or anyone else sink if he can help it. He is trying hard. You can see it in his face. Higher ups are starting to leave. Is it cause the heat has been turned up? Who knows...bottom line is house is starting to be cleaned.
[post="308948"][/post]​

It is amazing to watch grown people put so much blind faith into an individual who was born into the family of fallen man, who is no different than every other soul born on this earth, with one exception, he is a CEO.

You are being told what's happening to real people, how they are being mistreated, abused and lied too and nothing is being done about it, yet you choose to ignore these facts turning a closed mind to this reality.

This is how the cool-lade thing came into being and it's a very good analogy. You people will follow him "Doug" to your very death your are so absorbed in your delusions. Watching this makes one realize how easy the devils job is, all he needs to do is show up and people kill each standing in the long line to shake his hand.

Finish or Ignore said:
4) We will treat our employees with respect:

We cannot do any of the things above without the full energy and effort of each of you. We must pull together and work as a team if we are to reach our goals. America West and US Airways employees must work together and treat each other with mutual respect and a spirit of camaraderie. Most importantly, the company must treat its employees with respect.

Paladini and Crellin should not be here long. They cannnot operate under conditions as described above.
[post="308433"][/post]​
maybe their mission is to turn the tables around,???
if so your dorothy and toto scheme of reality may come for a brutal shock.