T- 20 Hours, And Counting !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2002
(First let me say, I can NOT get a "good read" on this situation, with NW) !!

I ask you "regulars on here, to give me your "best guess" as to what will happen "first", at 00:01 est. , on saturday AM, assuming NO deal has been reached ???

Lets me start with this scenario;

2nd shift AMT's/Cleaners badge in at 23:00, friday nite, in say DTW, which is on East Coast time. At 00:01 saturday/20 aug, do these AMFA folks walk off, or do they keep working thru 00:01, and wait to see what happens to them, even though there is still no deal ??

Thanx,

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
(First let me say, I can NOT get a "good read" on this situation, with NW) !!

I ask you "regulars on here, to give me your "best guess" as to what will happen "first", at 00:01 est. , on saturday AM, assuming NO deal has been reached ???

Lets me start with this scenario;

2nd shift AMT's/Cleaners badge in at 23:00, friday nite, in say DTW, which is on East Coast time.  At 00:01 saturday/20 aug, do these AMFA folks walk off, or do they keep working thru 00:01, and wait to see what happens to them, even though there is still no deal ??

Thanx,

NH/BB's
[post="289483"][/post]​
<_< Good question! But If it's anything like what I've been through, they'll be on the job, and wait! (unless instructed to do otherwise) But really do nothing! Line up ( six, eight, people) at one computor, waiting to read the M.M.!!!!That one drives them crazy!!! :p They may park a few aircraft. But dispatch is another story!!! ( Just my opinon!!!)

I think NWA will back down and there will be an 11th hour agreement. I would hate to see anyone on the street. I don't think the airline can run with scabs. I would bet half don't show.

Good Luck

gatemech

gatemech said:
I think NWA will back down and there will be an 11th hour agreement. I would hate to see anyone on the street. I don't think the airline can run with scabs. I would bet half don't show.

Good Luck

gatemech
[post="289628"][/post]​

I really would like to see labor make a stand somewhere along the line. This may be it.

hp_fa said:
I really would like to see labor make a stand somewhere along the line. This may be it.
[post="289641"][/post]​

I'm sure that shareholders would really like to see management make a stand somewhere along the line, too.

NW management's taking the company to BK anyway. They just want a scapegoat to blame it on for PR purposes.

I think they will go even if labor gives in. They need to eliminate pensions before the new BK laws take in effect. Good luck.

markkus757 said:
I think they will go even if labor gives in.  They need to eliminate pensions before the new BK laws take in effect.  Good luck.
[post="289662"][/post]​

Just remember! Eastern Airlines and Lorenzo thought they could survive a strike!

Remember Eastern?

As for you scabs, remember you're actions as well as your identities will follow you throughtout your careers in aviation!

quote=Hopeful,Aug 19 2005, 06:35 PM

As for you scabs, remember you're actions as well as your identities will follow you throughtout your careers in aviation!

I've asked before but no one seems to be able to answer my question, Where is this list of names that is so detrimental to ones career for crossing a picket line? Where can I see it? Who puts it together? Who maintains it? You know, Santa Clause has a list to so you better look out because he checks his twice?.

keeptheodds said:

I've asked before but no one seems to be able to answer my question, Where is this list of names that is so detrimental to ones career for crossing a picket line?  Where can I see it? Who puts it together? Who maintains it?  You know, Santa Clause has a list to so you better look out because he checks his twice?.
[post="289666"][/post]​

The list of Eastern Ailines Scabs exists. In the main base of Miami, a non-union staffer who was the spouse of a mechanic, obtained the list having been with the payroll department. She resigned after obtaining the list.

Do you think you are entitled to see this list?

Just remember this! There will be a "sympathetic" non union worker in the headquarters of NWA who will get the names. The list will make its way to the internet. With EAL, PC's and the internet were nothing compared to today!

quote=Hopeful,Aug 19 2005, 07:03 PM
The list of Eastern Ailines Scabs exists. In the main base of Miami, a non-union staffer who was the spouse of a mechanic, obtained the list having been with the payroll department. She resigned after obtaining the list.

Do you think you are entitled to see this list?

Sure I do especially if my name is going to be on it.

Also I just wanted to say that Once upon a time Santa’s list could be viewed at the north pole but he doesn’t have it any more because a disgruntled elf, that was his mothers cousins brother once removed in a nasty divorce stole it, picked up a union worker, then ran and hid at the south pole.

The pilot scab list is pretty easy to obtain, while not certain, I find it likely there is one for Mechs as well. If anything else, your dates of employment at a certain carrier will remove any doubt as to what you did.

Certainly you would not try to hide the fact, after all, are you not proud of what you are about to do or would do!

quote=Dizel8,Aug 19 2005, 07:36 PM
The pilot scab list is pretty easy to obtain, while not certain, I find it likely there is one for Mechs as well. If anything else, your dates of employment at a certain carrier will remove any doubt as to what you did.

Certainly you would not try to hide the fact, after all, are you not proud of what you are about to do or would do!

Dizel8 do you mind educating us non-union and union scabs in how this pilot’s list can be obtained? Also how many pilots are unemployed because of this list?

All AMFA has to do is say we are not going to strike and the struck work will stop and we will pay for the millions of dollars in LRU’s we threw away and the damage we have done to NW’s aircraft and the lost revenue in delays and I’ll go home.

keeptheodds said:

I've asked before but no one seems to be able to answer my question, Where is this list of names that is so detrimental to ones career for crossing a picket line?  Where can I see it? Who puts it together? Who maintains it?  You know, Santa Clause has a list to so you better look out because he checks his twice?.
[post="289666"][/post]​
Sorry but the list is made and kept by the union that was crossed, and so is generally only made available to UNION members.

In other words, not you.

keeptheodds said:
quote=Dizel8,Aug 19 2005, 07:36 PM

Dizel8 do you mind educating us non-union and union scabs in how this pilot’s list can be obtained? Also how many pilots are unemployed because of this list?

All AMFA has to do is say we are not going to strike and the struck work will stop and we will pay for the millions of dollars in LRU’s we threw away and the damage we have done to NW’s aircraft and the lost revenue in delays and I’ll go home.

[post="289685"][/post]​

Every pilot at a union carrier has, or can, easily obtain one. Lots of scabs pilots don't get jobs, and the ones that do are treated like crap for the rest of their career.
What exactly is your point? You're not doing a very good job of making it. Hopefully you are just a staunch unionist trying to make the scab-to-be folks look dumb! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back