Taca codeshare

mach92flyr

Jul 4, 2009
TEMPE, Ariz. - (Business Wire) With recent approval from the U.S. Department of Transportation, US Airways (NYSE: LCC) customers will be able to enjoy expanded travel between the United States and destinations in Central and South America, thanks to a new codeshare agreement between TACA Airlines and US Airways beginning Jan. 12, 2010. Flying will be open for sale beginning Dec. 5 at usairways.com and through global distribution channels.

The codeshare agreement will complement existing US Airways flying to Mexico, Costa Rica, Belize and beginning Dec. 15—Rio de Janeiro, Brazil—from its Charlotte, N.C., hub.

With this new agreement, US Airways customers traveling from the United States to Latin America will be able to connect on flights operated by TACA Airlines. Through TACA’s hubs in San Salvador, El Salvador; San Jose, Costa Rica; and Lima, Peru, US Airways customers can travel on a single ticket to those countries, as well as Guatemala, Belize, Honduras and Nicaragua.
Conversely, TACA customers gain greater access to US Airways' markets in the United States and beyond through connecting opportunities in Charlotte.

US Airways Senior Vice President Marketing and Planning Andrew Nocella said, “Our codeshare offerings continue to expand for our customers in 2010, which means more destinations in more countries. Customers can book these flights directly from US Airways and enjoy convenient ticketing and baggage connectivity just as they would on a US Airways-operated flight.â€￾

“Through this agreement we can deliver an improved travel experience for TACA and US Airways passengers,â€￾ said TACA Corporate Development Vice President Alex Benitez. “Opportunities like these are driven by our concern for our customers’ needs and ultimately contribute to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, one of our main business goals.â€￾

The management of this company has made many moves solely to enrich themselves and could care less how it affects the employees or shareholders.
However, the TACA codeshare could be a good move. Most of the destinations will never be served by US Airways. Any feed to our aircraft will help the bottom line and help heighten visibility in Central and South America for US Airways.
This is a list of airports that TACA flies to. Includes destinations served by Aviateca and Lacsa.

Moderator Note: TACA's routes are available on the Internet for those who need/want them.

I do hope this portends a CLT-LIM flight, as it seems the most logical destination after BOG given it is within range of narrow bodies, is a large business and leisure market, and there is a relatively decent number of Peruvians in the Charlotte area.

During the AWA days, I always thought a TACA codeshare would be a great thing. Still think so. LAX would be the more than appropriate gateway as well as SJO. Bloody good show.

Of course, I see some subscribers have taken the time to urinate all over this positive development...

Reactions: 1 person
TACA and US did have a codeshare back in the days of the SFO-LAX shuttle. The US flights also had TA flight number and there was a TA agent at the US counter in SFO to issue the LAX -SAL (and onward) boarding passes.

Well if we do end up flying CLT-LIM, I can certainly be counted on providing the crew guide book of LIM. Definately a city the crews will enjoy...would love to go back, used to have alot of fun there...

Anyone know why any of the TACA codeshare routes aren't bookable on the US site? Can't believe that it could be that difficult to add the codes and flights to the booking tool, especially after so many months. You would think they would want to take advantage of every opportunity to sell the flights....but then again, maybe thinking is where I went wrong....

Well if we do end up flying CLT-LIM, I can certainly be counted on providing the crew guide book of LIM. Definately a city the crews will enjoy...would love to go back, used to have alot of fun there...

US needs to restart service to San Salvador and Guatamala City for starters. Panama needs to be looked at again as well. There are MANY opportunities in Central America where a CODE SHARE with TACA (along with Avianca) could benefit US and TACA in the region. Since US doesn't code share with Continental, there shouldn't be anything stopping them from exploring these opportunities on THEIR OWN. (US may code share with UAL on many routes, but UAL is nothing in this part of the globe). The TIME to ACT is NOW. If TACA serves PHX, ther are many possibilities out of there as well.

Latest posts