Teamsters "raiding" TWU?

It shouldn't take a rocket surgeon to figure this out, but yet we still see a few teamsters flyers posted here at AFW. As far as I'm concerned, if your pushing the teamsters, your fkin up the program and supporting the twu. Divide and conquer, that's what the twu does best.

I couldn't have said it better myself. But can they handle the truth?

Reactions: 2 people
You people make me laugh. You seem to believe the Teamsters or AMFA are our saving grace but changing representation would only enhance a hard line position of the recognition of rights and compliance article of the CBA. Staying with the TWU you have a history of a relationship with the company established through past practice, supported by programs that were designed for greater productivity. Disturbing this with new representation would cause the company to take a firm position on their rights and compliance article and force without mitigation, new working conditions. I think only a fool would take such a risk...just my spiel

OMG I just got back from vacation a read this post I almost spit my beer onto the screen..Yeah The Twu they have a history..Actually they do they seem to get the dispatchers insane wages but cannot seem to get mechanics past food stamps. Can you explain that? Oh wait I can explain it. THEY NEGOTIATE ALONE!!!!.. As long as mechanics are forced to be lumped in with the masses in all these industrial unions I can tell you now mechanics either need AMFA or NO UNION period! Only a fool mechanic would stay with the Twu.

OMG I just got back from vacation a read this post I almost spit my beer onto the screen..Yeah The Twu they have a history..Actually they do they seem to get the dispatchers insane wages but cannot seem to get mechanics past food stamps. Can you explain that? Oh wait I can explain it. THEY NEGOTIATE ALONE!!!!.. As long as mechanics are forced to be lumped in with the masses in all these industrial unions I can tell you now mechanics either need AMFA or NO UNION period! Only a fool mechanic would stay with the Twu.

I did the same thing. His statement about the past practice and history with the company is true. 3 Decades of constant concessions. What he also doesn't realize is the company just got done doing a hard stance against the TWU, and won. Again more concessions. The TWU was too weak to tell it's members to vote this down. Instead they claimed once again, that's the best we can do. Now watch what the pilots end up getting after voting theirs down, now back at the table, and will "improve" from what they were originally offered and forced into by the company. The TWU was the very first group to jump on board with the company and vote in, yet again, more concessions upon it's members.
I think he knows all this, he is just trying to keep face with the other TWU leaders. It won't be long now before AMFA gets a vote...

Reactions: 1 person
Now watch what the pilots end up getting after voting theirs down, now back at the table, and will "improve" from what they were originally offered and forced into by the company.

We wont learn what the improvements are until long after any chance of the ME Too is long gone, they wont be bottom of the industry like us.

We wont learn what the improvements are until long after any chance of the ME Too is long gone, they wont be bottom of the industry like us.

I agree with you Bob. I was trying to make a point that if the mechanics would have rejected the original offer. Caused havick upon the co like the pilots did, then you guys would have been back at the table nego a contract just like the pilots are doing now. Not saying you guys would be top industry or even averaged, but it would have been better than what the co offered the first time and better than what you guys are now living with. This is what I meant by my statement to watch as see how much better the pilots will be after they rejected their original offers...

Let's fire this thread back up. Seems the teamsters and TWU are hoping this thread would die off just from it's title, teamsters "raiding" the TWU.

Can any of you teamster supporters chime in and tell us how well your card drive is going??
I'm pretty sure it's goig just as well as it did here at SWA when they shopped the members doors to try to come back in... Any updates??

Let's fire this thread back up. Seems the teamsters and TWU are hoping this thread would die off just from it's title, teamsters "raiding" the TWU.

Can any of you teamster supporters chime in and tell us how well your card drive is going??
I'm pretty sure it's goig just as well as it did here at SWA when they shopped the members doors to try to come back in... Any updates??

Actually the Teamsters drive has a different purpose here at AA. It is strictly a diversionary drive to split the interest away from AMFA. Unfortunately many of us see right through it. Others like in Title II and many in LAX as well as Tulsa believe that the Teamsters are really going to file if they get enough cards.

Actually the Teamsters drive has a different purpose here at AA. It is strictly a diversionary drive to split the interest away from AMFA. Unfortunately many of us see right through it. Others like in Title II and many in LAX as well as Tulsa believe that the Teamsters are really going to file if they get enough cards.
I see a lot on here about title this and title that.
I understand that you have line mechs and overhaul mechs on different payscales.
What titles are each group and how many groups are on your contract?
Also are all groups on your contract mechanics or are cleaners and other groups on there under different titles?

Are you and HSS not the same person?
You're kind of slow huh Simpleton ? You get answers and then you still ask the same question over and over. Oh well I guess I'll entertain you again and say No we are different people. I would ask if you were someone else on here but everyone seems to have their own "Inept" qualities that I could compare you with, plus I am not that paranoid..

You're kind of slow huh Simpleton ? You get answers and then you still ask the same question over and over. Oh well I guess I'll entertain you again and say No we are different people. I would ask if you were someone else on here but everyone seems to have their own "Inept" qualities that I could compare you with, plus I am not that paranoid..

Chronic Complainer strikes again.
Try not to personalize the problems we have or the solultions to those problems and we might actually makes some change.
Or is that over your head?

You bashing me, others bashing Seham, and whimpering instead of taking action is leaving us in the tailspin.

Anyone seeking change is "inept" in your mind....I take it you are happy with our direction?

I see a lot on here about title this and title that.
I understand that you have line mechs and overhaul mechs on different payscales.
What titles are each group and how many groups are on your contract?
Also are all groups on your contract mechanics or are cleaners and other groups on there under different titles?

wnmech

Her at AA we have title 1 which is a/c maintenance, parts/ac washer,

title 2 which is facilities and gse. But both are in the same class and craft.

Here at AA the TWU put stores into M&R so they are part of our local even though they are a seperate class and craft.

At SWA all of you are on one seniority list because that is the way the IBT and IAM had it many yrs ago.
So during a layoff you can bump anyone. well here at AA you can bump your title group only, unless you have time in another title group, or fill a vacancy in another title group if available.

Each companies contract is different and no matter what union represents its memebers the contract remains until it gets changed by the memebership. But here at AA the twu dictates rather than the way you at SWA doit.

Now the TWU is attacking AMFA at SWA.
Are these guys for real or what?

So the Teamsters and AMFA are raiding the TWU at American.
The TWU is raiding the AMFA at SWA. ROLMFAO

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2012/12/twu-launches-union-drive-of-southwest-mechanics-to-decertify-amfa.html