Texas to American Airlines

And if we want to truly honor that sacrifice, the least we can do is make it as frictionless as possible for everyone.

You're still buying into the Big Lie. That's fine, let's just do vote by mail, then.

I was a little peanut myself during his time. You tell me.

Great. Bring back the Fairness Doctrine.
I know you are aware he said it then just this past September he suddenly went full John Kerry. Imagine that.

‘Absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud.” That quote isn’t from President Trump, who criticized mail-in voting this week after Wisconsin Democrats tried and failed to change an election at the last minute into an exclusively mail-in affair. It’s the conclusion of the bipartisan 2005 report of the Commission on Federal Election Reform, chaired by former President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James Baker III.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/heed-jimmy-carter-on-the-danger-of-mail-in-voting-11586557667

Error and Fraud at Issue as Absentee Voting Rises

Yet votes cast by mail are less likely to be counted, more likely to be compromised and more likely to be contested than those cast in a voting booth, statistics show. Election officials reject almost 2 percent of ballots cast by mail, double the rate for in-person voting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/...il-faulty-ballots-could-impact-elections.html

Bringing back the fairness doctrine will put the NBC alphabets along with CNN out of business. Be careful what you wish for.

Its really easy to "win with ideas" when only one side of a story is allowed to be presented.

We used to have a fair media who told both sides of an issue. Today, it's all about spin and increasingly, what the corporate advertisers want covered....

Spoken by a true follower.

Engagement and participation are mutually exclusive. I'm all for engagement. Carpet bomb people with ads, mailers, vans driving down the street with speakers, and anything else you want to get people engaged.

Participation? That should require a little more effort than channel surfing for a reality show or filling out the latest Facebook poll on who has the bigger [fill in your own optional word here]..

People have died for that right. The least you can do if you're physically able to do so is get up off the couch and show up at a polling place.

Online voting?... We heard Russia! Russia! Russia! for four years after the 2016 election. Suddenly the internet is safe from foreign hacking and interference? Right.

Democrats know mail-in voting is the best way to stuff the boxes without getting caught. That's why they're fighting so hard against these changes.

There will always be an asterisk on Harris-Biden. Far moreso than on Trump 2016.

How was the fraud in 2020 brought to your attention? Was it Donald Trump telling you there was fraud? Because the only place I heard about fraud was from him. And given his penchant for lying, I dismissed those accusations immediately.

Whoever is physically able to go to the polls, go to the polls period. This past election was an anomaly that may never be repeated in our lifetime, so quit changing election rules because of a once in generation pandemic.

Every legal voter has the next 2 years to get a valid picture ID and should be able to figure out how to get to a polling place.

For those who absolutely need to vote absentee (such as my elderly mother, or my cousin fighting overseas as an example) should be able to do so. But because too many mail-in votes will not be counted for whatever reason, the end result will be judges deciding every election..... you really want that?

How was the fraud in 2020 brought to your attention? Was it Donald Trump telling you there was fraud? Because the only place I heard about fraud was from him. And given his penchant for lying, I dismissed those accusations immediately.
He even claimed fraud back during the summer...months prior to election

He even claimed fraud back during the summer...months prior to election

Yep. And I still cannot for the life of me figure out how Trump gets so many people to believe something just because he said it. But all these people who say that these laws are needed to prevent fraud haven't specified why they believe there was fraud, other than Trump saying there was. I swear, I never understood the Heaven's Gate cult, but I do believe that if Trump told his followers that they needed to take cyanide, a very large number of them would do it.

How was the fraud in 2020 brought to your attention?

Growing up in Chicago is a master's degree program in election fraud. But, like Dell already mentioned, I'm more inclined to follow what Jimmy Carter said in 2005. Carter is probably one of the most honest men in the Democratic Party. But even he was willing to backtrack on his own words when the end result was more important than the truth...

Intimidation and vote buying were key concerns of the commission: “Citizens who vote at home, at nursing homes, at the workplace, or in church are more susceptible to pressure, overt and subtle, or to intimidation. Vote buying schemes are far more difficult to detect when citizens vote by mail.” The report provides examples, such as the 1997 Miami mayoral election that resulted in 36 arrests for absentee-ballot fraud. The election had to be rerun, and the result was reversed.

Congrats to Gov. Abbott for saying they had no interest in the All Star game coming to Texas, and declining to attend the game of the season for the Rangers after the MLB's actions last week.

Hopefully more states will start to push back on the nonsense.

I know you are aware he said it then just this past September he suddenly went full John Kerry. Imagine that.

‘Absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud.” That quote isn’t from President Trump, who criticized mail-in voting this week after Wisconsin Democrats tried and failed to change an election at the last minute into an exclusively mail-in affair. It’s the conclusion of the bipartisan 2005 report of the Commission on Federal Election Reform, chaired by former President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James Baker III.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/heed-jimmy-carter-on-the-danger-of-mail-in-voting-11586557667

Error and Fraud at Issue as Absentee Voting Rises

Yet votes cast by mail are less likely to be counted, more likely to be compromised and more likely to be contested than those cast in a voting booth, statistics show. Election officials reject almost 2 percent of ballots cast by mail, double the rate for in-person voting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/...il-faulty-ballots-could-impact-elections.html

Bringing back the fairness doctrine will put the NBC alphabets along with CNN out of business. Be careful what you wish for.

I’m okay with that if it means a return to actual reporting of news and journalism.

I’m okay with that if it means a return to actual reporting of news and journalism.

Keep dreaming. The only source for actual US news and journalism left anymore is the BBC.

Besides, the only place that fairness doctrine could legally be applied would be broadcast media using public airwaves i.e. over-the-air TV and radio.

Cable, satellite and streaming really can't be muzzled since they traverse private networks. Print media "probably" can't be muzzled, although there's an argument to be made that they can't physically distribute their product without access to public roadways or the USPS...

Yep. And I still cannot for the life of me figure out how Trump gets so many people to believe something just because he said it. But all these people who say that these laws are needed to prevent fraud haven't specified why they believe there was fraud, other than Trump saying there was. I swear, I never understood the Heaven's Gate cult, but I do believe that if Trump told his followers that they needed to take cyanide, a very large number of them would do it.
Youre absolutely correct bro

Whoever is physically able to go to the polls, go to the polls period. This past election was an anomaly that may never be repeated in our lifetime, so quit changing election rules because of a once in generation pandemic.

Every legal voter has the next 2 years to get a valid picture ID and should be able to figure out how to get to a polling place.

For those who absolutely need to vote absentee (such as my elderly mother, or my cousin fighting overseas as an example) should be able to do so. But because too many mail-in votes will not be counted for whatever reason, the end result will be judges deciding every election..... you really want that?

Lol, I’ve voted by mail for 10 years, why wouldn’t that expand everywhere? Easiest way to vote.