Thanks Doug: US Outsourcing 7 cities

I have more training and labor relations experience than most on the board, I started in Air Cargo and worked the ramp before becoming utility than stores.

And since you dont Jester, maybe your the one who doesnt know what they are talking about.

Proved you wrong about the PBGC and many other issues.

I tried to explain scope language to the board on this topic, as it is the driver of job security.

So I see your a typical poster, try to attack and insult the poster instead of adding to the topic at hand.

And I still have a personal and vested interest at what happens at US and the last time I checked, anyone can post on this board as long as they follow the TOS.

Have a wonderful Labor Day all, to bad its gonna rain all day in NC.

Reactions: 1 person
we were told the reason ATL is going back to Mainline is bc the crappy contractor outfit failed in every way. US got what it pays sure seem to fit perfectly!

Sorry Charlie, I dont have one, no need too, you can ask the mods to check the IP address to confirm that isnt me.

For someone who has me on ignore, you sure seem to follow me around from topic to topic and comment.

Reactions: 3 people
andre.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Why do people harp on the fact that "they told us not to sign this contract"? Remember that the IAM wanted to put all of their eggs in a basket called "snap back". They didn't even negotiate with the company for a joint contract during that time because they thought that they'd win and gain all that they lost in BK court while the west, which wasn't a part of that would have lost with threatened outsourcing. The snap back failed! So after the union lost that then they negotiated with the company. Maybe the IAM should have used the TWU contract which was already amendable. These layoffs suck so hopefully the union will go more for job security before pay.
Negotiating with the company for a joint contract with the change of control grievance on the table and get back some of what was lost in bankrupisty the “snap backs.”
Sounds similar to what another employee group did. Come on 2012

Nice second screen name :)

Harry,

I can confirm that he is not me, nor am I him. I have been a casual reader for over eight months. I was appalled at some the disinformation that gets posted in some of these forums. When the Labor Day weekend came, I finally decided to join the site.

Accurate information has tremendous value to American Workers. I began to research many of the facts that 700 stated, and they were almost all accurate. On the same token, disinformation can be tremendously detrimental to the American Worker.

This Country is in need of a strong Organized Labor Force that will support the needs of everything from Social Security to municipal prosperity.

It is obvious that the wealthiest 2% are not willing to do it.

Reactions: 6 people
I am in that 1%. If you were in that 1% would you be willing to sacrifice all you have and move 3000 miles across country for this POS Company that we work for?

Scope?? We don't need no stinking scope.....
How are you feeling about that "yes" vote now??
The company bought the west for a couple pieces of silver........owned.

Scope?? We don't need no stinking scope.....
How are you feeling about that "yes" vote now??
The company bought the west for a couple pieces of silver........owned.
Scope is pretty much worthless now that the company has outsourced just about every station they wanted to. Our only real hope here, would be to get some of the outsourced work back. When my former station was outsourced in 2005, the weekly number for Mainline flts was 26. Effective at the end of this year it has gone up to 56, and it requires in the area of 90 to get work back. If stations are outsourced at a given number, work should come back at the same rate. Gotta love the idiots that brought this lovely scope language to the last contract. And before anyone chimes in, yes I know that the membership voted on it. What most fail to realize is that those who voted this crap in, were not in the stations that were subject to outsourcing. But then again, we are taking about the same crowd of clowns that slipped in the 60 day rule....

Why blame Doug when it's the unions that have priced labor contracts above free market rates? If the unions wanted to keep these jobs they would seek wage rates that are at or below what competitive outsourced rates are. The unions are killing jobs, not Management.
Lets outsource some more west flying to Mesa they will do it cheaper maybe lower mainline rates and work rules to Mesa level to “competitive outsourced rates”"seek wage rates that are at or below what competitive outsourced rates are."
Mesa pilots would love to fly the Airbus and Boeing at ”" wage rates that are at or below what competitive outsourced rates are."
And don’t blame Doug when the profits starts come rolling in

I have better idea lest outsource all mainline flying because of all the problem you guys can’t get your crap together

And don’t blame Doug

Here is a link to the WN (Southwest) CBA for the Gate:
http://www.iamdl142.org/Southwest/IAM%202008thru2012.pdf

Article 15 covers Reduction in Force (RIF). Company pays relocation. 120 days of pass travel if you aren't offered a job. You continue to accrue seniority on furlough and can be called back in 5 years. I think I read that right.

Latest posts