THAT SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT RUNS DEEP AMONG AAA PILOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the East pilots have every right to ####, moan, and complain about the new seniority list...

doesn't mean I am anti-west and pro-east... i just think they need some time to vent. Eventually, well, hopefully, East MEC will sit down with the West MEC and ALPA and see what can be worked out, if anything.

till then, let this stuff settle in and let these guys vent. I know we'd let the Westies do the same if it went in favor of the East.

There is a line between venting, and threatening and proposed obstruction. Coming from TWA roots, I know about this. Never, after the AA/TWA list merged did I see or hear anything like this; and the TWA employees (all groups) got a much worse deal.

Slightly off topic, but I'm curious why USA320 would have left UA in 1985(if that's true) to work for US. At that time, UA was a far more reaching airline with more potential growth than US (a more or less regional airline with big time aspirations at the time)

Back in the day, USAir was the "darling on the industry". Very profitable, growing, etc. Boy have times changed.

Slightly off topic, but I'm curious why USA320 would have left UA in 1985(if that's true) to work for US. At that time, UA was a far more reaching airline with more potential growth than US (a more or less regional airline with big time aspirations at the time)

For the attrition.

Back in the day, USAir was the "darling on the industry". Very profitable, growing, etc. Boy have times changed.
I remember 1985 pretty well and don't remember USAir as being the darling of the industry. No international service (well, maybe Canada). No coast to coast nonstop transcons (unless you count PIT). I just don't see how one would leave UA, with it's large contingent of widebodies and some very nice international routes, for US given it's second tier status to UA (or AA, NW, TW, PA, EA, etc.).

Go ask 767Jetz about the group of pilots that UAL hired to be strikebreakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.