The Company Will Lie.

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
After AA removed the SIC 0912 inspection card from RON aircraft and replaced it with the infamous No Check policy, (where an a/c would not even be looked at unless there was an open discrepancy), we were informed that an A Check would take 16 man hours, a PS would take 8 man hours and a No Check would take 4 man hours.

Now AA has realized that the No Check policy did not work, (gee, it seems as if I wrote to Greg Hall and Danny Martinez telling them that thier brain storming of initiating the No Check program would fail fell on deaf ears, uhm), and have created the new and improved No Check check and are calling it the SIC 0922 or Dependability Check, DP.

There is no increase in head count. Now all of a sudden an A Check takes 10 man hours, not 16, a PS takes about 4 man hours not 8, and the DP takes 2-3 man hours. Hum? We were given 4 hours on an a/c that had NO INSPECTION to work open items. NOW we have an inspection AND open items but are given less man hours. Where is the logic here?

This simply proves that AA will move numbers around to fit their needs. Just like at contract time when they move numbers around to show AA is losing money but then after negotiations POP! move the numbers around/back and presto we are making money again.

I guess my point is that the company will do whatever they wish. Why? Because as the twu likes to say, "They can do that brother!"

I'm sure Bobby Gless and jim little will get right on this matter.

KEN, Jim little is a man of action! I'm sure he will stop this B.S. "NO CHECK" policy! He has treatened action if Arpey doesn't show the "SHARED SACRIFICE". I wonder what concessions Jim little is gonna give the company when he takes this "action"?

Ken have you discussed your concerns with the executive board of your local? I know this issue has been discussed by many and some changes have been done. It takes all of us to make sure the A/C leaves the gate to give the passengers a safe and trouble free flight. Now that you have spare time I hope you get involved more.

Checking it Out said:
Ken have you discussed your concerns with the executive board of your local? I know this issue has been discussed by many and some changes have been done. It takes all of us to make sure the A/C leaves the gate to give the passengers a safe and trouble free flight. Now that you have spare time I hope you get involved more.
cio, I have discussed this matter with my Local's Chairman, President & E Board. I am involved. As for an a/c leaving safe that is our NUMBER ONE responsibility. But when we are instructed to NOT look at items we use to then what is the level of a/c safety risk management?

When Greg Hall started the No Check Policy I wrote and e-mailed Mr. hall & eventually Mr. martinez. I was told that this new policy was looked at and studied by all sorts of work groups from Tech. Service, Tech. Crew Chiefs, Crew Chiefs, etc. This would be great in managing the Line AMT's time better. It would be COST EFFECTIVE! I can not even tell you how many delays we took for minor items that would have been caught with the previous inspection policy. But when an a/c has a fuel/hydraulic/water leak and AA does not want us to look at it then delays are what we take. That is just great PR for our customers after we take an a/c out of service for something that could have been repaired the night before.

My Local can only do so much cio. Something of this nature should be attacked by the head of the atd. That will not happen.

I have no more "spare time" now than before cio. I will do what I have always done to promote and protect our profession, either it be as the Director of the AMTA, AMT CC on Night Shift, talking to the media regarding what I feel the public should know about outsourced maintenance or fighting to remove the twu from ruining our profession.

Thanks for the suggestion of getting more involved. Might I suggest that you step out from behind your alias?

Latest posts