The Frito-Lay Strike: An Analysis

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
Andrew from Don't Walk, Run! Productions calling the BCTGM out on their manipulative lies and hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Gotta love that UNION hypocrisy.

Senior UNION members complain about forced overtime to inveigle public sympathy then whine when the company offers a cap because they might have to actually work overtime instead of dumping it on junior UNION members.

UNION solidarity indeed.

1627545890710.png

Perhaps not untrue, but also very biased. Conditions must not have been as peachy as the condescending idiot makes it out to be. You see...the plant is in Kansas....a "right to work" state which is "at will" and the state motto is "if you don't want to do it, someone else will". So for a group to walk out, it has to be for something more than greed for a bigger paycheck. As far as the "lie" about forced work weeks...remember back when America was great and one guy working 40 hours at a union job meant that mom could stay home with the kids...that's changing. And there are things called precedent. If you have 3 people working a 60 hour week, then you have 3 people doing the work of 4. Why not hire a fourth worker?

I worked at Sprint and left in 1998. Right after I left, they implemented a "mandatory 50" hour work week. Sure...it's just 10 extra hours (most of the people impacted were exempt, so that was no overtime to pay) but the internal pressure was that anyone who "only" worked 50 hours was a slacker. 60 hours was "good" employee, and anything over 70 hours made you a go getter. Perhaps Mr Condescension didn't know that it started as a few...then it became more common....then it became common enough to become normal...and now they saw some of that go up to 80. At what point does Frito say "we need to hire some more people?" Or do they let people get used to it and then up the ante.?

Yeah..Mr Condescension is giving you one view....but how much of the other complaints are bull? I'd like to see that smug little idiot work a "normal' shift and then get his views on it.

Last edited:
Perhaps not untrue, but also very biased. Conditions must not have been as peachy as the condescending idiot makes it out to be. You see...the plant is in Kansas....a "right to work" state which is "at will" and the state motto is "if you don't want to do it, someone else will". So for a group to walk out, it has to be for something more than greed for a bigger paycheck. As far as the "lie" about forced work weeks...remember back when America was great and one guy working 40 hours at a union job meant that mom could stay home with the kids...that's changing. And there are things called precedent. If you have 3 people working a 60 hour week, then you have 3 people doing the work of 4. Why not hire a fourth worker?

I worked at Sprint and left in 1998. Right after I left, they implemented a "mandatory 50" hour work week. Sure...it's just 10 extra hours (most of the people impacted were exempt, so that was no overtime to pay) but the internal pressure was that anyone who "only" worked 50 hours was a slacker. 60 hours was "good" employee, and anything over 70 hours made you a go getter. Perhaps Mr Condescension didn't know that it started as a few...then it became more common....then it became common enough to become normal...and now they saw some of that go up to 80. At what point does Frito say "we need to hire some more people?" Or do they let people get used to it and then up the ante.?

Yeah..Mr Condescension is giving you one view....but how much of the other complaints are bull? I'd like to see that smug little idiot work a "normal' shift and then get his views on it.
Again the company offered an overtime cap of 60 hours in a contract proposal.

The senior employees didn't want it because they felt an overtime cap could result in THEM working unwanted overtime.

That tells me one of two scenarios is true. 1) The company included it simply for optics and it really is a non issue for them because they are telling the truth and they do not force the kind of hours the employees are claiming they do. The employees are lying, playing the victim, simply to entice public support. 2. The company DOES force the overtime the UNION claims it does, however the senior employees are fine with dumping it all on juniority.

I might have more sympathy for the UNION had I need seen this same sh*t show from TWU protestors claiming to be "victims". They sound so much alike as to be identical.

You know how many times American Airlines "white carded" (a term AA uses for forced overtime) me ? 1 time. 1 time in 12 years. Any other time they needed overtime it was voluntary.

The company has made time sheets publicly available to dispute the forced overtime claim. What proof have the UNION employees offered?

Again the company offered an overtime cap of 60 hours in a contract proposal.

The senior employees didn't want it because they felt an overtime cap could result in THEM working unwanted overtime.

That tells me one of two scenarios is true. 1) The company included it simply for optics and it really is a non issue for them because they are telling the truth and they do not force the kind of hours the employees are claiming they do. The employees are lying, playing the victim, simply to entice public support. 2. The company DOES force the overtime the UNION claims it does, however the senior employees are fine with dumping it all on juniority.

I might have more sympathy for the UNION had I need seen this same sh*t show from TWU protestors claiming to be "victims". They sound so much alike as to be identical.

You know how many times American Airlines "white carded" (a term AA uses for forced overtime) me ? 1 time. 1 time in 12 years. Any other time they needed overtime it was voluntary.

The company has made time sheets publicly available to dispute the forced overtime claim. What proof have the UNION employees offered?
I'm not sure what American Airlines does, but as I said, my non union job with Sprint had a "mandatory 50" hour work week. But 50 hours was considered a slacker, 60 hours was along the lines of what they wanted, and 70+ hours was a "fast track to success", Those jobs were non union AND they were also exempt from FSLA overtime rules. So they might work 60, 70 or 80 hours , but they still get paid for 40. ANd THAT is what you have to compare it to, because if companies are successful in killing unions, then you can expect to see quite a few jobs convert to exempt status.