Iam Strike

Burghlaw1 said: I also think that if the judge grants the 1113c motion, he will enter an injunction prohibiting a strike. That's the only way he can ensure that his order allowing the cmpany to reject the CBA won't disrupt the business of UAIR, thereby causing it to liquidate. It would then be up to the IAM to appeal the rulings to the district court or the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals.

USA320Pilot said: "When the AFA issued its strike press release US Airways spokesman Dave Castevetler publicly indicated the company would seek an injunction prohibiting a strike. ALPA legal believes that Arnold & Porter has already completed the injunction work, which legal advisors believe will likely be ordered by the court.

Separately, the real key, and I have been told is more important than the ATSB's participation, is the recent GE deal. When GE elected to support the new business plan, other financiers have agreed to provide all of US Airways' bankruptcy and exit financing needs, provided all parties participate in the new business plan enabling cost cut targets. Judge Mitchell will recognize this point too, which will place even more pressure on the IAM.

Click here for story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

PITbull said:
A stike means the end of the airline.

AFA will not cross a picket. Period.
[post="235602"][/post]​

It is painful to feel the bi-polarity of the situation. It sure would make a statement if you could unite on one option or another and go for it.

Consider these words from a Springsteen song:

" Like Brothers in a stormy night with a vow to defend- no retreat no surrender!".
:angry:

A320 Driver,Jan 4 2005, 09:57 PM
A320 Driver,
The IAM made this bed. Productivity on the floor sucks. Productivity for Utility is worse.
They will have to stand up and fight for themselves or they are doomed.[/i]
A320 Driver
[post="235606"][/post]​

Are you the SR VP, Director, Managar of Foreman?

The answer is no, so how can you make the above statement when you have no idea of what the production is?

A320 Driver said:
It's the truth and you damn well know it. Stop the games and get your house in order. EVERY other work group already has.

A320 Driver
[post="235721"][/post]​

How would you know?

Maybe the other work groups are getting what they are worth.

The truth?

How is the truth, have you seen the statistics on heavy mtc?
NOPE!
I have, do you work hand in hand with either mechanics and utility?
NOPE!

US mechanics can out perform any MRO if you equate apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

I see the utility group all the time turn a full 330 in 55 minutes, great productivity there.

Your opinions don't XXXXXXXXXXX, hard data is what you use to prove your case, you are just speculating like another pilot poster on here.

Bob Owens said:
The RLA is clear once the status quo has been changed and the company enacts changes the workers are free to use self help. 90 day cooling off periods, PEBs all operate under the status quo. The judge would be overstepping his bounds by ruling the the future labor of employees are subordinate to the investments of creditors. He would be ruling that the employees are being held liable to the creditors and that the employees would have to eliminate any risk that creditors face by continueing to work for the company under terms that they never agreed to.
[post="235541"][/post]​

But isn't the status quo that U IAM workers work for a company in bankruptcy and have had a temporary contract imposed and that a judge has determined that U cannot continue under the old contracts? Isn't the judge likely to determine that it isn't equitable under bankruptcy law for the IAM to continue under its pre-petition contracts when other labor groups do not? I agree, that I would think that the bankruptcy judge might not have jurisdiction to prevent job action under RLA, but does he have broad powers in bankruptcy?

The IAM worked the company into bankruptcy?

Are you on drugs?

And the IAM is trying its best to reach a CONSENSUAL Agreement.

Don't let the facts get in your way at all there!

700UW said:
The truth?

How is the truth, have you seen the statistics on heavy mtc?
NOPE!
I have, do you work hand in hand with either mechanics and utility?
NOPE!

US mechanics can out perform any MRO if you equate apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

I see the utility group all the time turn a full 330 in 55 minutes, great productivity there.

Your opinions don't XXXXXXXXXXX, hard data is what you use to prove your case, you are just speculating like another pilot poster on here.
[post="235724"][/post]​

7oouw you are wrong again.

productivity at usair is very,very low; only LINE MAINT THRU FLIGHTS are production effective and that is because the a/c has to go wich 99.5 + of the time happens

but; as far as :

overhaul , a 737 on a C ck has an allocated time (out of service ) of 21- 24 days ,
it takes usair 5 to 6 weeks to get it done.

shops, the motto is "MANYANA" ( samoan for tomorow)

utiliy, well; should have been abolished 17 years ago, not only they do nothing
but they do a terrible job when they try to do something. as for your comment of praising utility for a 45 minutes 330 PHL turn around, ( well; my son; here you are right , BUT; this utility crews are new hire (less thant 6 months ) and are part time, making $ 8.25 hr ( i know I WORK AMONG THEM).

UMECH.

IAM :( :angry: :down: :down: :down:
or we all go down.

CLT is not new hires, you have to have 13 years of seniority to hold a CLT line job.

Keep Trying.

In PHL there are 200 Full time Utility and 12 Part-time, those are factual #s so please explain how 12 people are doing it all.

Hey 700-

Mary had a little lamb, it's fleece was white as snow.

Do you have a problem with my characterization of the color of Mary's lamb? Is it really more the color of sleet? Is this evidence that you know what you're talking about with regard to labor law and U? Will contradicting me help you with some weak-ass piece of rhetoric designed to influence the .01% of readers of this forum who possess less reasoning ability than you? Is my statement evidence of drug use? Are you fixated on drug use?

Reading comprehension: look into it.

burghlaw1 said:
2. I don't know whether the IAM can strike--it's never been tested.
[post="235548"][/post]​

In the post 1113 context. But what issue post-abrogation is any different than the pre-1113 strikes at Eastern and Continental. IANAL, but 1113 only seems to address what the company needs to do to get the contracts abrogated, not what happens after.

And strikes have happened "after."

RowUnderDCA said:
But isn't the status quo that U IAM workers work for a company in bankruptcy and have had a temporary contract imposed and that a judge has determined that U cannot continue under the old contracts? Isn't the judge likely to determine that it isn't equitable under bankruptcy law for the IAM to continue under its pre-petition contracts when other labor groups do not? I agree, that I would think that the bankruptcy judge might not have jurisdiction to prevent job action under RLA, but does he have broad powers in bankruptcy?
[post="235747"][/post]​

The IAM has already given two rounds of concessions in BK.

What other groups do is not relevant. They make their own choices just like they have their own contracts. Maybe if they made every contract exactly the same you might have some merit, let USAIR pay everyone pilots pay and knock pilots pay down to a Max of $70K for 80 hours then maybe you wouldnt have to worry about what the IAM does.

Can he force Exxon to continue to sell USAIR fuel but turn around and say that USAIR is only going to pay a nickel a gallon for each new gallon purchased?

So if the lessors agree to lease aircraft to USAIR for a nickel a day does that automatically mean that Exxon should be forced to sell USAIR fuel at a nickel a gallon?

Would what all the other creditors agree to do in the future have any bearing on what Exxon should do? Maybe the other creditors have no better options for their product but Exxon figures they can make more by using the Jet Fuel for Diesel. Under what precident should Exxon be forced to subsidize USAIRs failed business plan?

Along those same lines maybe the pilots realize that if USAIR folds they will never get a shot at a Captains seat again while the IAM workers realize that with the industry running a 70% or better load factor that should USAIR fold, and SWA move in, within 5 years they could be making a lot more, back at top scale , with SWA or whoever moves in, than by giving concessions to a company that keeps breaking their promise that "this is the last time".

How could he force labor to continue to work under terms that they did not agree to?

Bankruptcy protects companies from debt, money that was used in the past, it stops those whom the company owes money to from collecting it, it does not give the company the right to arbitrarily, with the nod of a judge, set the price on future consumption, nor do creditors have to continue to dump new money into the bankrupt company.

The fact is the unions never challenged the temporary contracts, if they had, under the threat of a strike then perhaps the judge would have reacted differently.

The "status quo" would be the terms that the union last ratified. It could be argued that they were free to strike the minute the judge imposed temporary cuts as long as the union gave notice as to their intent prior to the judge making the changes.

700UW said:
The IAM worked the company into bankruptcy?

Are you on drugs?

And the IAM is trying its best to reach a CONSENSUAL Agreement.

Don't let the facts get in your way at all there!
[post="235754"][/post]​

REALLY???

Got a late start because of the "full pay to the last day" and "the concession stand is closed" rhetoric. You are comitted to the status quo and that won't buy you any kind of agreement. And if you can call what goes on at the floor in CLT productivity, you're the one on drugs. The guys on the line are doing better, so are the heavy lines on the 737s in PIT, but that won't fix the problems inherent to the other lines in CLT.

Clean up your house or at least commit to it while you still have time.

A320 Driver

Latest posts