The IAM has Filed a grievance.

smmech

Advanced
Nov 5, 2005
Artical 3 of the IAM mechanics and related states the following...

Upon a change in control defined as the sale of all or substantially all of the assets
or common stock of the Company or US Airways Group in a single transaction (or in
multi-step related transactions) to a single purchaser (or a group of purchasers acting in
concert), the hourly rates of pay under this agreement shall be increased to the rates
which would have been effective following the Pay Parity Adjustment in October 2003
under the Pay Parity Letter of Agreement. In addition to such hourly rates of pay, the
IAM will have the right to extend the duration of the IAM Restructuring Agreement for
one, two or three years at the IAM’s option, past the amendable date of the IAM
Restructuring Agreement, with across the board wage increases of four and one half
percent (4.5%) on the amendable date and on each of the three (3) annual anniversaries of
the amendable date thereafter (i.e. 12/31/08, 12/31/09 and 12/31/10). For the purposes of
this paragraph, “Common Stockâ€￾ is the Common Stock of US Airways Group then
outstanding and the Common Stock issuable on exchange, exercise, and/or conversion of
securities of the Company or US Airways Group which are then currently exchangeable
into, exercisable for, or convertible into such Common stock

Change in control and pay snaps back to PPA oct 2003??

700uw said..

A grievance has been filed by the IAM and is waiting to be heard. AFA is going to or has filed and the CWA has filed also.

The company is claiming that AWA is a subsidary of US Airways Group Inc.

any truth??

Has the IAM realized who is running stuff?
I'll vote IAM if they get me the 2003 parity pay...
Keep dreamin.

Should have been filed the day after the merger was completed.

The company is going to claim the union waited to long.

700 should reply with the time frame. 5 days after the
violation if I read my contract correctly.

Wouldn't this just be th icing on the cake for Doug and
team. Wage snap back for the entire US East staff. US West staff would then be pissed because everyone on the east side would be making quite a bit more money.

It is an ongoing daily occuring grievance.
I remember this same issue when I was on my pay scale increases. We were supposed to get back what we lost after the strike and it never happened, never got a dime. All the junior people got the shaft while the senior guys who it didn't affect and who also were in the union positions never rectified an issue that didn't affect them personally.

You basically have the same leadership in charge today, or at least the same mind set, so looking at history. . . . .Good Luck

The aribtor ruled the company treated us the same as the rest of the workgroups, it was not the IAM's fault.

Don't let the facts get in your way and there was a time during that a junior person got a raise before a senior person when their classification date feel earlier in the year then a senior person during the snapback fiasco.

The aribtor ruled the company treated us the same as the rest of the workgroups, it was not the IAM's fault.

Don't let the facts get in your way and there was a time during that a junior person got a raise before a senior person when their classification date feel earlier in the year then a senior person during the snapback fiasco.

FACT was we juniors got the shaft and NO money, spin it anyway you want. I lived it as well as many others did.. Your blind loyalty boarders on insanity at times. You act like the leadership is infallible right up there at the right hand of God. But they are mere and very flawed men most with a huge chip on their shoulders as shown by their attitudes and actions of indifference towards the membership. This is a big reason I have no use for unions, as they stand today. You fit the mold and why we clash.

would that be the wages the mechanics mad before or after the judge slapped the 21% paycuts on the IAM Mechanics and Related?
NO, this was way back in 92 when we were promised things by the IAM we NEVER received, MONEY. I don't care what 700 says, WE DIDN'T receive a dime we were promised. He was riding a truck back then anyway. I can get 50 guys to back me up, most are no longer employed at U.

You are full of it, we recieved 200% back of the pay concessions 100% one year after the paycut stopped in 94 and then another 100% in 95. Everyone also recieved stock options for $15 per share and the options were based on how much money you had given in pay cuts.

Gee did you forget about that?

Don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.

What you are talking about is the pay snapback, where they arbitor ruled against the IAM and every member had to wait until their anniversary date to recieve their raises of where would have been on the pay scale if they were not frozen.

But a 200% return was a nice profit on a one year paycut.

Does the snapback only apply to the mechanic and related contract? Does the IAM fleet service have such snapback?
If so please state language and locations since the IAM hides its contract with all modification from its members.

And please dont tell me that the the company is supposed to print them up. I've been waiting seems like years to have a combined contract printed up. If the company is in vilotaion of printing then lets see the Grievance. In the meantime the IAM should be printing and issuing new copies with all modifications to its dues paying members.

Keeping us in the dark as always the IAM or should be know as the MIA

The grievance was filed by all IAM groups on US property.

The Mechanic and Related recieved their contract, I can't speak for fleet service.

Years? You only took concessions back in January, and yes I know you have not recieved previous modifications, but while the company was in bankruptcy they were not going to spend the money to print them.

And every member recieved the original contract and the term sheets that modified them.

The Mechanic and Related recieved their contract, I can't speak for fleet service.

Years? You only took concessions back in January, and yes I know you have not recieved previous modifications, but while the company was in bankruptcy they were not going to spend the money to print them.

And every member recieved the original contract and the term sheets that modified them.

Years well yes we came out of bankruptcy the first time and did we get new copies with modification. Was a grievance filed for not printing during the time between BK1 and BK2? If so whats the file number?

So I'm pressing the issue now that we should be issued a new contract with all modification included. The IAM claims to represent the workers lets see it? We are entitled to have a combined contract

I can walk thru the breakroom today and ask how many got a copy of the modification and no one will raise there hand.
So dont give me the line everyone got a copy.

IAM
ALWAYS
MIA

name='justaumechanic' post='325170' date='Nov 26 2005, 07:23 AM']

Wouldn't this just be th icing on the cake for Doug and
team. Wage snap back for the entire US East staff. US West staff would then be pissed because everyone on the east side would be making quite a bit more money.
they're already reeling from other merger related fine print that they are finding as time goes on.
"The new company said they would honor the contract," Mr. Freiberger said, but, "they didn't like it. They were really upset."
Smoothing out operations in Philadelphia.
Brutal competition in the Sunshine State from Southwest Airlines and other discounters
Southwest's expansion could further pressure US Airways to cut prices.
US Airways Group Inc.. warned Wednesday it faces "significant challenges" and may not perform as expected..
and on and on.....
500 pound canary for sale..... ;)

Is Fleet Service under the IAM? If so, what about ONE BROTHERHOOD?

Brothers NOT receiving modifications because the company is in bankruptcy? Why didn't the union get copies to the members.......use a few dollars of the dues money to print them or better yet, on line??

Sad but as employee, you gotta fight the company and the union to get what everyone agreed upon, aka contract.

Every member was given a copy of the term sheets, if they did not take them that is their own fault.

The company is the one responsible for the printing of the modified CBAs.

Fleet Service is a a differant district and representatives then the Mechanic and Related.

And the company and the union after the vote had to sit down and hash out language and intent of the modified terms, so that is why the CBAs were not printed as that took several months to acccomplish.

Latest posts