The "l" Word Again.

usairways_vote_NO said:
Item 1. Today the Charlotte Observer published ......
[post="255536"][/post]​

uvn,

You've got to remember that times have changed. Now it ok for the MEC chairman and LEC reps to publicly castigate other unions, their leadership, and their members....

Jim

willyloman said:
Bruce Lakefield addressed the MEC at the MEC 1Q meeting on Thursday, March 10th. His opening comments were read almost verbatim from his prepared text. Here are some highlights of the discussion from our notes:

·Oil is at $55/bbl., original Transformation Plan called for $35/bbl.
·Without new equity investment, we will liquidate.
·We are in survival mode, chasing equity.
·The pilots did a great job of going back to work and doing their jobs after concessions, unlike the militant rampers. (Again blamed labor for the christmas meltdown).
·There is too much seniority in our workplace. Seniority equals a “sense of entitlementâ€
·(When asked about contract compliance) This is a two-way street. I have a problem with the employee’s sense of entitlement. I’m just trying to “save our asses.â€
[post="255451"][/post]​

Just skimming over Lakefeilds comments and couldn't help but notice some of the statements made. :down:

On one day he is telling employees to put the past behind them and forget about the mistakes made by management so we can "save the airline together"and then he tells the pilots what he really feels.

This what I get from his statement -

1. Our crack management team miscalculated again.
2. We will liquidate, we will liquidate, we will liquidate.
3. We didn't do any thing wrong in PHL, it was someone elses fault.
4. Your many years of loyal service are really beginning to become a problem.
5. Having to keep our word regarding the contracts we negotiated is really becoming a problem.

linemech

BoeingBoy said:
uvn,

You've got to remember that times have changed. Now it ok for the MEC chairman and LEC reps to publicly castigate other unions, their leadership, and their members....

Jim
[post="255540"][/post]​

No comment.... surprize!!

Hey, the funny thing is that you have to own something in order to liquidate it. Besides a few slots, what does US have to "give away"?

markkus757 said:
Hey, the funny thing is that you have to own something in order to liquidate it.  Besides a few slots, what does US have to "give away"?
[post="255550"][/post]​

UMMM FF miles

Seems 320 bailed or ejected. He was feeling the heat.

Guess you have to wait for answer Coach but don't hold breath.

No one is going to pay for your miles. When you're gone your passengers have to go somewhere. They might give a 10:1 conversion but that's it. US is a regional carrier for the most part. The passengers have basically three legitimate options going forward. With record load factors already, they are hurting with fares , not passengers.

US still owns some planes, ground equipment, simulators, real estate, and numerous other things.

Call Lakefields comments Tongue in Cheek all you care too? But history has shown a pattern of negative "Off the Cuff" comments about "Reductions of Fleet" or increased outsourcing becoming FACT within a 90 to 180 day period of time.

When Lakefield laments about reducing the Fleet by 30 to 50 acft....then qualifies his concerns with the COSTS of maintaining certain routes ....then further administers the comments on COSTLY "Heavy Maintenance" checks coming due...What does this lead an intelligent follower of U's history to believe?

USA320Pilot snubs the comments about looking in the rearview mirror...but everything that has happened up to this point as had a direct link to what has been coined as "off the cuff comments" somewhere in the past.

U , contrary to anyones objections..especially that of USA320Pilots , is a sinking ship. Labor relations is still a major problem...regardless of it being with those that have remained..or those that have been recently hired , only to get trained and quickly depart once they see what the job really entails.

The F/A's...now thier is a group with plenty to look forward too as well...500 more gone by December...and that's without the 30 to 50 fleet reduction rumor growing legs.

The Mechanics...Hundreds departing this month for good. Outsourcing to Mobile is costing more and more...as the facts are showing that ST Mobile Aerospace cannot perform as a "Stand Alone" operation without U sending them every possible part or tool we have to get our planes fixed. Simply put..we have traded one high cost for another..the only difference is..Singapore and the state of Alabama are reaping the profits instead of actual U Employee's or the states we live in.

Who Remembers the initial lie about the need to "Outsource" the Airbus Narrow Bodies? Reason Given...lack of space , lack of Tooling and lastly a lack of man power. All have proven to be a lie...as all the Narrow Body Airbuses are now being worked in PIT....PIT has closed Hangars 1 and 2 since then...and the HK Porter building is now vacant and returned to the Allegheny Airport Authority....and Mechanics are rolling out the door by quiting , retiring or accepting Voluntary Furlough by the bus load in all the affected stations.

Res and Fleet are getting shafted in favor of Low paying jobs with 3rd party vendors..or people making less than $3 per hour in El Salvador...but yet in still the forecast calls for pain. Exactly at what point will all this end? Survey says...not until the doors are closed for good...or until everything is reduced to the point that only routes and gate positions become part of USA320Pilots dream of a UCT or ICT

Call Lakefields comments on further reductions "off thr cuff" or "tongue in cheek" all you care too. What passes the lips as "off the cuff has formed in some manner into fact in the deep dark recesses of the CCY mindset. Bet against these facts and observations...and you are going to lose big time !!!

Here’s the challenge I have with the dialogue and in particular BoeingBoy’s comments.

Prior to reading the Council 41 letter I read BoeingBoy’s comments, which were generally accurate. However, BoeingBoy did not site the author and then after I read the Council 41 letter, I then re-read BoeingBoy’s comments and realized he left how important information.

When a person plagiarizes comments they should state the author said, etc. BoeingBoy did not and he left out parts of the Council 41 post that had misrepresentation.

When I make a post and its paraphrased I state that point. Furthermore, I always site the source, if possible, and if not due to confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, state senior management or sources. Finally, if I state a personal comment I state something like “I believe†or “In my opinionâ€.

There is no question that the Council 41 Reps and their followers have been dishonest in the past and have been publicly reprimanded for misrepresentation. Its clear character and integrity simply do not matter to these individuals, which I believe is inappropriate.

What’s sad is that a bunch of angry and bitter old people cannot get over the fact that the industry has changed and they simply focus on negativity and pessimism. There is more to life than this…

In regard to a further fleet reductions they could occur due to rising fuel prices, and if they do so be it. Remember it's only a job and life goes on.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. I find it interesting those who have been laid off would rather see the airline fail because they lost their job. That's pretty sad.

the above was not a transscript and btw if U has had it, the people with the real bucks dont agree with you.... they are investing their money some invest nothing but a lot of hot air...

Latest posts