Today's Meeting With Alpa< Bruce Lakefield,

Larkfield's statement that Delta's simplifares are suicide is ridiculous. The move has been revenue positive in CVG, and will be system wide within a short time.

What IS suicidal is the constant promotion of artificially LOW fares, ie. $29 and $49 on trips which COST over $100. With RATIONAL fares, averages WILL increase, more people will fly, and the overall picture will improve--I don't know how much, but it will improve.

Time to get with reality, folks....

Keep telling the same lies over and over and you finally start believing it!!
Remember the saying," It's not a lie if you believe it!!"
Clear skies ahead
Clear skies ahead
Clear skies ahead
Clear skies ahead

fanlube said:
Keep telling the same lies over and over and you finally start believing it!!
Remember the saying," It's not a lie if you believe it!!"
Clear skies ahead
Clear skies ahead
Clear skies ahead
Clear skies ahead
[post="254623"][/post]​
Clear skies ahead
Clear skies ahead
Clear skies ahead
Dark clouds overhead
Round 4
Round 4

USA320Pilot said:
• US Airways’ 6-month extension in Airbus heavy maintenance checks come due this year and will cost the company abut $100 million.
Regards,
USA320pilot
[post="254547"][/post]​
The only Airbii due for the now six year S-check were planes delivered in the 1999 calendar year, 15 or so planes have all ready been S-checked and not all of the remaining airbii were not purchased in 1999.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

USA320Pilot said:
ALPA pilots not receiving their longevity pay, but Allegheny/Piedmont pilots do. The issue is that if the MDA pilot pay is not raised the feeling is the division could become a training feeder for JetBlue's upcoming EMB-190 program. Lakefield indicated it is a problem and he and Bular addressed it earlier today. The issue will be addressed in the near-term with the ALPA Negotiating Committee.

In my opinion, MDA pilot pay will go up to prevent pilot's from leaving for JetBlue.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="254552"][/post]​

Pilots are going to leave MDA for JetBlue regardless. Why? Simple. They see
a future with JetBlue.. All they see at US is crap!!

The next 10 years flying right seat in a EMB-170 VS JetBlue becoming a Capt in about 2 years..

Wake up.

justaumechanic said:
Pilots are going to leave MDA for JetBlue regardless.
[post="254651"][/post]​

Thanks, justaumechanic. I pick on USA320 enough - didn't want to be the first to point out the error in his logic this time. The truth is that mainline pilots are leaving for greener pastures even though they make considerably more than their counterparts at MDA. Raising MDA pay may slow the drain slightly, but certainly won't stop it.

By the way, I'm still trying to figure this part out:

USA320Pilot said:
ALPA pilots not receiving their longevity pay, but Allegheny/Piedmont pilots do.
[post="254552"][/post]​

I can't decide if this is just a typo or a slap at the W/O'ed pilots because they don't fly "big" airplanes and thus are not considered "real" ALPA pilots.

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
As I indicated in my overview of today's meeting, Fitzpatrick reported Lakefield quickly emphasized that US Airways was still talking with a number of interested parties. "The list is long," he said.

Does this sound like a company ready to present its Plan of Reorganization (POR) to the judge on Tuesday?

You would have to think that three business days before the POR is due, that US Airways' list of potential providers of exit financing would be pretty short...

I am guessing that there is an 80% chance that US Airways seeks to extend its exclusivity period on filing a Plan of Reorg between now and Tuesday.... I beleive this will mean a required extension from GECAS too.

Where are those venture capitalists with their wallets out? Reading between the lines, it sounds like US Airways is asking for financing and being turned away. If the exit financing was in place, or close to as you would expect with a POR filing, then you'd have to think the list would be pretty short.

Wait until Mesa offers to buy what's left of U with the condition that JO fills in the numbers in the new labor contracts and you sign it.

A320 CA rates at $100 an hour, no retirement.

funguy2 said:
Does this sound like a company ready to present its Plan of Reorganization (POR) to the judge on Tuesday?

[post="254677"][/post]​

No but sounds like they will be ready to present Round 4.

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways may find white knight

It is my understanding that if Mesa is the equity investor, which could cause Chautauqua to lose their "Fee for Service" contract, the Arizona-based airline would not have controlling interest in US Airways.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="254574"][/post]​

I said it in August, 2001, on the planebusiness.com message boards, and it appears it is finally about to come true:

USAirways will be run by Orenstein and Mesa. The goose has been laying golden eggs in Orenstein's nest all these years, and now JO is about to buy USAirways with USAirways' own money. We have insured JO's fortunes to our detriment, and now the tables have turned.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Air Wisconsin deal has the industry spinning. The original post and Lakefield's comments clearly have some sort of twist on words. While the Air Wisconsin deal might have positive implications for both them and USAirways, to state that is has the industry spinning or turning is a stretch.

The industry is still staggering with increasing fuel costs, 2 carriers continuing to struggle through bankruptcy and Delta in the wings of the same. USAirways clearly still has major hurdles to clear and any suggestion that their actions (such as the Air Wisconsin deal) may be a launch into success is a stretch of hope in a continuing dim vision.

Facts? said:
I'm still trying to figure out how the Air Wisconsin deal has the industry spinning.....and any suggestion that their actions (such as the Air Wisconsin deal) may be a launch into success is a stretch of hope in a continuing dim vision.

Careful, Facts?, that type of conjecture gets one accused of being a mystical creature around these parts. ;)

By the way, I'm still trying to figure this part out:
I can't decide if this is just a typo or a slap at the W/O'ed pilots because they don't fly "big" airplanes and thus are not considered "real" ALPA pilots.

Jim
[post="254661"][/post]​
[/quote]

My guess, it is a slap in the face. The WO pilots have never been considered "real pilots". The fact that there are WO pilots flying along side "real" pilots in the same AC at the same time is a real problem for those that think that way.

In my opinion, MDA pilot pay will go up to prevent pilot's from leaving for JetBlue.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I assume the company does not really care about the mechanics of MDA judging by their pay scale? Far below the majority of salaries of the other commuter airline mechanics. A real incentive to stick around after training!!!!