What Amfa Got For...

umech

Sep 19, 2003
COMPARE:

AP Tech (original poster)

Here is how the mechanics made out at UAL with AMFA. They too had to negotiate under the same BK rules that the "Farting Machinist" were forced to follow. As you can see the mechanics made out much better than the mech's at u s airways.

Also, the utility got a 3 years phaseout compared to a two week notice the mighty IAM got for their members. The mechanics will get to keep their license and skill premiums along with raises in base pay. When was the last time the IAM got anyone a raise, except for themselves of course? Compare what you got stuck with to what UAL mechs got and decide which one you would have wanted.

Duration: 1-1-05 to 12-31-09 What?

1. If new tentative agreement not reached by 8-1-2009 then both parties will jointly invoke mediation services of the National Mediation Board.

2. 5% base wage cut for mechanics

3. No 4% temporary wage cuts for mechanics or utility

4. 10% base hourly wage cut for utility

5. Outsource utility employees based on three-year phase out schedule

6. Permanent waiver of Article II-F for 747/777 offshore HMV/OSV

7. Allow outsourcing of all Computer Technician (CT) work.

8. Allow outsourcing of all fueling work

9. No change to the current Health and Welfare benefits

10 1.5% base wage raises on January 1 of each year from 2006 through 2009.

11. Shift, skill, and license premiums increased by 1.5% on January 1 of each year from 2006 through 2009.

12. Overtime pay rates 2x reduced to 1.5x

13. Holiday overtime rate 2.5x reduced to 2x

14. Vacation accrual left unchanged for mechanics

15. Vacation accrual for utility: 0-4 years – 10 days; 5 years and greater – 15 days

16.Holidays reduced from 10 to 6; fixed holidays at the base and floating on the line; fixed holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day

17. Sick leave paid at 75%; five or more consecutive sick days qualifies for whole day vacation backfill

18. Sick leave paid at 100% in the event of catastrophic illness or injury requiring absence of 15 or more consecutive days with satisfactory medical certification

19.Enhanced severance package for utility and computer technician employees

20. Reduce Success Sharing percentage and grant related credit to reduce other wage and benefit cuts.

21 Success Sharing percentage phases back to 100% by 2009

22.Protection date (94-5M) 10-30-89 stands

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

WE NEED TO VOTE THE IAM OUT.......IF WE ALLOW THE IAM TO STAY THE NAME GREASE MONKEY IS VERY WELL EARNED AND DESERVED :angry:

IAM :down: :down: :down:

ual and U were in too seperate situations, each with different circumstances. Both Ual and U mechs had different wants and needs as well. Are you that naive to believe that any union no matter who, could have done a better job with US? Please !!

Would anyone have voted differently if you were represented by AMFA?

I doubt it. The 'membership' failed here.

So what are we mech's down to now? $22.77 an hour with and additional $1 for each license?

Pathetic!!! :down:

B) UT

Where is any overhaul of any UAL airplane in the contract?

Oh that is right it is not there and now UAL will be able to outsource C-Checks also and send overhaul of UA planes to foriegn countries.

usfliboi said:
ual and U were in too seperate situations, each with different circumstances. Both Ual and U mechs had different wants and needs as well. Are you that naive to believe that any union no matter who, could have done a better job with US? Please !!
[post="240963"][/post]​
You make me want to vomit BOI!!!!!! :p

700 there ya go again...... Who said there was anything in the contract about outsourcing? Take another stab at it dude..... Please man i know the truth hurts, and as i said before, folks like you were gonna be hurt the worst, because of the denial.... Hang in there dude

700UW said:

Oh that is right it is not there and now UAL will be able to outsource C-Checks also and send overhaul of UA planes to foriegn countries.
[post="240972"][/post]​

OVERHAUL, IS MOSTLY INTERIOR ,PRC,WINDOWS AND PANEL REMOVAL, ( NO LICENSE) IS NEEDED FOR THAT, AND REQUIRES VERY LITTLE KNOW HOW OR TRAINING.

A LINE MECHANIC IS A BEAST ON HIS OWN, HE IS THE ONE THAT MOVES THE METAL.
DECISIONS MADE IN SPLIT SECONDS WITH A JUDGEMENT CALL SO PRECISE THAT NO INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE IS INFLICTED ON THE PASSENGERS NOR THE OPERATION
THE LINE MECHANIC IS KNOWLEDGE OF A/C SYSTEMS IS SO INTENSE AND VAST THAT IN MANY INSTATNCES ENGINEERING SEEKS INPUT FROM THE LINE MECHANICS TO HELP SOLVE RECURRING A/C PROBLEMS .
TAKES UP TO 10 YRS TO FULLY MASTER LINE COVERAGE IN STATIONS LIKE LGA,PHL,CLT,

YOU CAN NOT COMPARE BOTH ( ITS LIKE FERRARY VS FORD PINTO)

WE ARE NOT ALL THE SAME. NOT EVEN IN HEAVEN

AND THAT IS WHAT THE IAM HAS FAIL TO RECOGNIZE.

COATAILING IS OVER.....

700UW said:

[post="240972"][/post]​

Typical IAM mentality.
I throw you a bone and you bite my hand.
And you wonder why we kicked the IAM's a$$ out.

With your "whish I could recommend a No vote" leadership mentality, you boyz get what you deserve. :shock:

B) UT

Funny I dont see line mechanics replacing stringers, replacing a keel beam, changing a landing gear and fixing 178 bulkheads either.

The overhaul mechanic is just as if not more qualified as a line mechanic, those boys in Heavy OVERHAUL a plane, they don't put a band-aid fix on it like the line.

700UW said:
Funny I dont see line mechanics replacing stringers, replacing a keel beam, changing a landing gear and fixing 178 bulkheads either.

The overhaul mechanic is just as if not more qualified as a line mechanic, those boys in Heavy OVERHAUL a plane, they don't put a band-aid fix on it like the line.
[post="240988"][/post]​

IF KEEL BEAM NEEDS REPLACEMENT ( VERY VERY RARE) IS DONE BY THE MANUFACTURER AND THEIR MECHANICS ARE NOT A&P'S JUST WORKERS TAHT DO THAT JOB AT THE FACTORY

STRINGER REPLACEMENT , WELL;" BETTY THE RIVETER" INVENTED IT.

DON'T TELL TO LINE MECHS THAT THEY DO NOT REPLACEOR FIX LANDING GEARS!!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

IAM :down: :down: :down:

Wrong buddy,

CLT Base and PIT base Mechanics have both replaced Keel beams, want to try again?

Very very rarely does a line mechanic repalce a WHOLE LANDING GEAR ASSEMBLY.

I have worked both line and o/h and both take training and know how. Both needs each other to make it work the way it should, you dont have time on line to do a big sheetmetal repair like you do in o/h nor do you have time in o/h to fix common problems. But U with do its best to fix all problems

:up:

Latest posts