The million dollar question

but Paul from PIT Help Desk, when Wendy's had a help desk in PIT, was able to re-open that flight coupon and split it... I'm not sure Turtle-2 system is capable of that, but I know that "the system of which we can not speak" had that capability.

You get what you pay for. U want a DaeWoo computer system, that's what we got. I miss the Lexus system we once had :(

Most of your post went out the window after you called many of my co workers dumb. You know that people choose to work for an airline for their own reasons and for someone who says they appreciate the front line, this was not the way to show it. I'm SURE this is not what you meant to communicate so I will leave it to you to clarify. Mama

PhxMama, you have to admit. This system was built for the stupid. This is not the original Shares or Sabre training most of the agents at US went thru. I know at Express it was about a 2 week long process, and that only taught you basic check-in, ticket sales, and reissues. Learning the other complexities of Sabre took another 2 - 3 weeks.

But the fact of the matter is, on both sides, when you had competent agents in native, they got #### done a lot , and i mean A LOT faster, than what the airline has now.

How much productivity is wasted because the agent can't go in, rebook the itinerary, do W:EXCH:INVOL, hit the tab keys, enter a lil data, and voila.. customer accomodated. Now i'm told its Ctrl this, F that, UP down, left right, key pad, control, alt, etc. And it STILL doesn't get this done.

Come on Mama.. you've been around the block for a while, and you know how easy it was to do in native, compared to this monster.

The ONLY resolution for Tempe: OPEN UP NATIVE for those who want to use it. I'll bet anyone, i mean, ANYONE $1,000, that the east agent will be able to complete a transaction faster in native than an experienced HP agent in QIK.

And for the record: time yourself to do a ZED ticket for a retiree in QIK. I could do it in UNDER 90 seconds (in Sabre), including looking up the pass agreement in FOCUS. that's from the first key stroke to when the ticket starts to zap out of the printer. It took an experienced agent in ORD over 12 minutes to do that for my father in this crap system.

I am college educated, and have investments that pay my bills, Wendy's certainly does not. i work there because I have fry cooking in my blood. It's a very love hate relationship. I don't work there for the money, I work there because I think I enjoy it. Problem is, how much time and love can you bleed into something before it just becomes a waste of time and energy? There has to be a return on your investment, whether it is time or money.

Think of it like a relationship, you're dating someone with so much potential, and you know it's there, you've been through the good already, but the downward spirals are too frequent. It's not enough to see the potential. Why help someone out of the mud when they won't reach out and take your hand? I think I am a good Wendy's employee. I'm not being cocky, I make it a priority to be the best fry cook I can be. I also have fun. However, when the other side of the relationship continues to be self destructive, I have to entertain the exit strategy......I just wish they would notice and catch me before I'm through the door. I also realize that this is not a realistic thought. I've been told I'm being a little dramatic by coworkers that think the system is fine. Nothing pisses me off more than being humiliated in front of customers. I will not let someone or something else's shortcomings define me.

My time is worth more than this - - I'm not leaving yet, but something better change or Im going to have a hard time getting over my ill-fated love :(

Shannon works at wendy's for the cheesecake.

She doesn't realize the cheesecake is better at other restaurants.

menu_cheesecake_strawberry.jpg

Well Mama, when you can work at Wendy's for $9.00 like Shannon does, why would you work for an airline that disrespects you at every turn? heck Mama they don't respect customers either.

I do appreciate the front line. So much so that my fondest wish is that those wonderful people I've met and gotten to know would just please go work someplace where they are appreciated by their employer. For I know everytime that they do anything out of the ordinary for me or any customer it maybe cause for discipline by the TACB. I can't work that way.

Over the last year I've come to realize that no amount of ranting, raving and embarassing via the media will convince the TACB as they above all others known what's best. Ask them, they'll tell you. They remind me of my dealings with Bethlehem Steel, where as a vendor I was told "WE know what's best for Bethlehem Steel." Anyone know what happened to Bethlehem Steel? HINT:They don't exist anymore!

So believing as I do, for me the only alternative is to save as many as possible. Fill up the lifeboats and get rescued. For some getting "rescued" may mean staying at US hoping for a merger.
Bob. I know how much you appreciate the frontlines. Theres no question in my mind.We also know the amount of appreciation from the higher ranks thats given. Theres a reason people choose to stay. I(at my currrent employer) have great admiration and respect for those I work with. Not for. The teamwork and kindness that is shared daily is hard to leave. I dont get my self worth from management or my self respect. Many go A and B because its personal integrity and yes, take the hits when others deem it was wrong even though they know in their heart it was the right thing to do. I have given up thinking QIK will get better and get personal fulfillment when we figure out how to get things done when the system doesnt work. Its like coaching an NFL team and having injuries. Theres still a job to do but how do we get it done? I guess it has to be how you look at it. By the way, I much admire your tenancity. A lesser man would have given up by now. If more people in this world would flight for what they believe is right and not give up, the world would be a better place. I may not always agree with you but respect your ability to keep fighting. Regards, Maam

IS,
When things pick up you may want to try out the "ASP"-Smug Bastard or the "AIP" "Speedbird"-flying as a change of scene.

YV and you can do some damage systemwide and it might rejuvenate the airline experience for you.

a change of scene never hurts.

IS,
When things pick up you may want to try out the "ASP"-Smug Bastard or the "AIP" "Speedbird"-flying as a change of scene.

YV and you can do some damage systemwide and it might rejuvenate the airline experience for you.

a change of scene never hurts.
You want me to fly a plane?

And we can do damage system wide? Am I in trouble? Im confuzzled

I.T. Department 911?

Yes, I'd like to report an injury. This computer monitor flew clear through the #2 window and it was flaming and it had a hole through the back like someone lost their temper on it. I think it came from the airport but i can't be sure..... we took a picture of the computer before it blew up. It appears to have some sort of error message on it.
I can't be sure, please hurry, the frosty machine was hit. Machine down!! I repeat!! Machine down!! Also, I dont know if this is related or not, but a paper airplane that said "GO TO HADES YOU EVIL SYSTEM" flew by after that. Thanks!! Hurry and get here, this is getting CRAZ---AAAH!!!

*Crash* omg another one!! DUCK!!

2ur7a6h.jpg

I don't know what this is, I just work at Wendys and I am a gnome.

Just a little example of the gyrations it takes to change a non rev listing from envoy to coach

In sabre......G*Lflt/pall..........now I have the standby list.......GA1@Y/15ab......they are changed and assigned

In QIK.....cntrl R acess pNR......cntrl G F7 change to y F11 F11 F11(grab your castanets)shift I cntrl E F3 adjust tkt(dance the salsa) cntrlG F1 checkin again(spin around 3 times)cntrl Z F3 option 3 assign seats(clap your hands 4 times) and voila

Yes they did add an option to downgrade or upgrade from the standby list but it doesnt work

Thank you Pinney for your sympathy.....but I really need a raise for my hair extensions due to pulling my hair out at the roots

Piney, you have just made things perfectly clear to me.

This whole a'la Crap, selling this, charging for that, etc. is NOT to offset the effects of the economy or fuel prices on our pathetic airline.

They are ruining this airline with these ridiculous schemes and plans to offset the costs of the STUPID MISTAKES they have made since this merger went into action. The sad thing is they just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper.

Why did I not see this a long time ago??

Latest posts