The new AAG has 22 Airbus A350 on order for 2017 delivery

FEDEX still has over 100 Airbus A300 family aircraft in service. The 29 A310 aircraft have an average age of 26 years.

True, Glenn, but aside from an order of -600R's at the end of that product's life, most of their -300's and -310's came from the second-hand market, and FDX had the money to do a pretty extensive overhaul before putting them into service, presumably doing a main deck reinforcement and lots of forward skin work when they put in the door.

The other factor to consider is that that the number of cycles and hours at a cargo operator are half (or less) than what you see at a passenger carrier. And they're considered to have the highest utilization of the cargo carriers.

Bottom line is that the first and second generation Boeings, Lockheeds and Douglas's were overbuilt; the first generation Airbii were underbuilt (are there any early A300's or A310's even left?), and the second generation hasn't fared much better.

When you look at that list of 330's, and see how many are stored, scrapped, and/or in service with their second or third airline, you've just helped make my point...

When you look at that list of 330's, and see how many are stored, scrapped, and/or in service with their second or third airline, you've just helped make my point...
I wonder how much money (if any) was saved by using an A300 family over another Douglas or Boeing aircraft designed for a similar market. Borman made the decision to buy the Airbus because of the claim of 30% increase in efficiency over the aircraft it would replace (L-1011/DC-10 domestic configured).

Yep, Don Carty's shining moment -- negotiating what were the first "walkaway after two years" leases ever on the A300's and the MD80's.

UW, your analysis of what's on those hyperlinks is simply breathtaking.

US recieving 6 New A330-200's this year but yes the original batch of A330-300's are probably going to be replaced by the A350's. In fact I read that US ordered the -800's and thought they would be second on the production schedule for 2017 behind the -700's but Airbus now wants the -900's second and is trying to convince US to opt to the -900's. The first A350 s/n 001 is on the ground testing now and should be flying soon if all goes well.

US is not getting six A330-200s this year, they have all ready received two this year with another three.

From the annual report.

US Airways plans to take delivery of five A330-200 aircraft in 2013, with the remaining three A330-200 aircraft scheduled to be delivered in 2014.

Deliveries of the 22 A350 XWB aircraft are scheduled to begin in 2017 and extend through 2019. US Airways has financing commitments for all future Airbus aircraft deliveries except for four aircraft scheduled for delivery after November 2013.

Latest posts

Back