The Path Ahead

pitguy said:
USA320Pilot,

Are you avoiding the question?

How much of a percentage of a W-2 pay cut would you be willing to take?

Would you vote "yes" for a 40% pay cut? Yes or no. There is no need for a politicians answer.
TIC........TOC.........TIC..........TOC............

USA320Pilot said:
It's easier to "shoot the messenger" than to accept the facts.
Not to sweat.

In this case, nobody has shot the messenger, since there have been no delivered facts.

Shooting the spinmeister, however, is generally considered to be fair game. I'd recommend a duck.

USFliboi said
700 Usairways policy forbids you to represent yourself as an employee giving an official view from the company . Frankly it was aimed at posters like you and other anti- usairways posters. I have no problem with revealing my self as an employee.
USFliboi in another post you said
why dont you all ban to gether and walk out of work..... today? Do it when theres a lot of work to be done, make a point say it loudly
suggesting that the IAM members walk out... strike if you will. You may have not actually said the word strike but you definitely implied it.
Now you’re saying you’re not anti US Air and that you have nothing to worry about.
In my book any Union member (which you claim to be) that suggests to another Union member(s) that they ban together and walk off their job to prove their point is as anti US Air as I have ever seen and is doing nothing but trying to incite other union members to willfully walk off their jobs and cause the certain demise of US Airways.
You USFliboi should be very careful about what you say. Suggesting a wildcat strike is just cause for immediate termination!

PitGuy:

I do not read every post and simply avoid some of the useless rhetoric and venting. In regardto your question of USA320Pilot, "How much of a percentage of a W-2 pay cut would you be willing to take?"

Pay is just part of the compensation package; therefore, I would have to see the entire agreement before I voted. However, in today's economy I believe a LCC type of contract would be appropriate because that is what the market will dictate.

Regardless, my point is the company and the unions should negotiate agreements, the agreements should be sent out for membership ratification, and then an employee can decide whether or not they want to stay at the company.

It serves no useful purpose to burn the place down to the ground. Moreover, it is better to look for another job with a job, especially in today's job market, with pay and benefits than none.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

P.S. There is reason to believe the America West contracts will be US Airways' new CBA's. Therefore, the option may be take it or go get unemployment and your resume ready.

USA320Pilot states: "...or go get unemployment and your resume ready"

I am ready. The new plan does not include Mechanics and since management has not figured out how to buy them off or how to "sensible" include them in the plan it looks like it is over. All over meaning I will see you on the other side. It is like a big adventure and "WE" are going together.

The news is that several "large SJs" will be leaving the property by Monday.
Blame the pilots.

USA320 pilot...Ever read FLying the Line II? Well if not you should. Employee concessions don't work. It's time to close the concession stand. Admit it management has completely failed and they are out of time. Game over.

pitguy said:

I am ready. The new plan does not include Mechanics and since management has not figured out how to buy them off or how to "sensible" include them in the plan it looks like it is over. All over meaning I will see you on the other side. It is like a big adventure and "WE" are going together.
Pitguy, we luv ya!!!!! S--- hit the fan in Phl today w/ Glass!!!!! Ready for the free gov handout too!!!! :up:

Ccyjoe:

Ccyjoe said: "The news is that several "large SJs" will be leaving the property by Monday."

USA320Pilot comments: This rumor is untrue, but its getting close to happening.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Some people must think they are important, when are they gonna realize they are just a worker bee and are being used?

Baja4U said:
pitguy said:

Pitguy, we luv ya!!!!! S--- hit the fan in Phl today w/ Glass!!!!! Ready for the free gov handout too!!!! :up:
did they do the traditional 'chair toss'...