The Path Ahead

USA320Pilot said:
It's up to each union what they want to do.

As I said before, I understand the company may elect to not negotiate with the IAM if they win the A320 heavy maintenance grievance, which from a historical perspective is likely.

Therefore, don't negotiate and give the company the ammunition to make the IAM irrelevent. It's up to you.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
If it is up to each union, why do you keep ranting and raving about what the IAM's stance is?

And prove my the history of the IAM grievances is gonna make us lose?

I am begining to think your postings are irrelevant!

USA320Pilot said:
It's up to each union what they want to do.
Yes it is, so why don't you worry about your MEC giving up your jobs and keep your thoughts out of IAM business.

Seems you are obsessed with the IAM. Do you have IAM envy?

USA320Pilot said:
I'm not going to go back and forth on this issue, but the company requested the IAM discuss and negotiate the outsourcing issue, but the union refused.

From a historical perspective, unions lose most of the grievances, therefore, the odds are stacked against the IAM in the upcoming arbitration.

Moreover, the company may decide to not enter into discussions with the IAM on the "Going Forward Plan" and simply outsource most of the work, which would make the IAM and its members views irrelevant. That's the risk for the IAM by not agreeing to cost effectively conduct aircraft overhaul in-house before the Arbitrator issues an Opinion and Award.

In my opinion, the company will negotiate new CBA's with ALPA, AFA, TWU, and the CWA first, then work with the IAM. If the IAM, all three contracts (Machinist, Utility, & FSA), do not reach an agreement, the company will accelerate the elimination of in-house overhaul.

The airline could dramatically lower unit costs over time by rejecting the Pittsburgh Maintenance facility, obtain 60 A320 family aircraft, accelerate the delivery of A330-200s, and order EMB-190 aircraft. This would lower distribution, pilot, and training costs; as well as CASM.

This situation will likely not effect me one way or another and the IAM and its members have a choice. Negotiate new CBA's or perish, while the airline survives.

It's your choice...

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Well this pretty much says it all. What a sad commentary. I hope the IAM proves him wrong. If he is correct I hope a legal work action can be taken . Enough is enough. God Bless, Savy

USA320Pilot...

I will ask you this again. If the company wins, does that not also set up a bad precedent for your own scope language? What is to stop then from farming out your flying at a whim? Why is it that you told many on this board to get their resumes ready over the CRJ-705 dispute, yet you seem to be ready to allow the mechanics to sell themselves down the river?

Please answer these with real answers, not a bunch of "It's your choice drivel".

Remember if the IAM loses, you are that much closer to flying the right seat of a B1900 for Jonathan Ornstein out of FuzzyNut, Nebraska.

USA320Pilot said:
Moreover, the company may decide to not enter into discussions with the IAM on the "Going Forward Plan" and simply outsource most of the work, which would make the IAM and its members views irrelevant.
So they will treat the IAM-M like ALPA?

The difference is that the IAM-M members have the fortitude to at least fight it, whereas the upper echelons of ALPA will simply sell some junior guys down the river (of course, since the shakeup in the MEC, this might at least change to "obtain some meaningful return in exchange for our young." Time will tell).

USA320Pilot,

Are you avoiding the question?

How much of a percentage of a W-2 pay cut would you be willing to take?

Would you vote "yes" for a 40% pay cut? Yes or no. There is no need for a politicians answer.

DOA@Airport said:
delldude said:
"A good warrior knows when to retreat and return another day."

The good warriors has retreated twice, two concessions, apparently this time, they feel it is time to fight!
but a good general also knows when to call in the nukes. :up:
Most good generals I've known don't call in airstrikes on their own troops' position. But that sounds like precisely what the IAM "leadership" is prepared to do.

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
in this instance gary..what would you do?

ClueByFour said:
So they will treat the IAM-M like ALPA?

The difference is that the IAM-M members have the fortitude to at least fight it, whereas the upper echelons of ALPA will simply sell some junior guys down the river (of course, since the shakeup in the MEC, this might at least change to "obtain some meaningful return in exchange for our young." Time will tell).
clue i thank you for your insight...... :up:

ktflyhome said:
Well, Usflyboi....you just said that you would offer your name, employee number for all to see. DO IT>Just do it.!!!!!!!! Oh and your Supervisor, too. I am just reading what you just previously posted. Come one DO IT. We are all waiting. :up: :up: Come on big guy show us ALL. :up: :up: You can do it. We know you can. Name, employee number and Supervisor. We.....are.....waiting.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didnt you say you werent gonna respond to my post.? 700 Usairways policy forbids you to represent yourself as an employee giving an official view from the company . Frankly it was aimed at posters like you and other anti- usairways posters. I have no problem with revealing my self as an employee. Nothing to hide here. Your the onemaking an accusation and by the way no one was busted, other than you supposed piecing together of information, just the way you do with your negative thoughts about this company and management. Stop skirting the real issue of the topic. Even a master of deceit has to admit, youll be giving more at the altar.

USA320Pilot said:
It's easier to "shoot the messenger" than to accept the facts.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
...well if you didn't make it so easy to "Shoot the Messenger" we could be saving a lot on ammunition for better targets.

Buddy....if you think you can meddle in other folks business without taking fire? You are more loopy than most of us give you credit for.

Let's see here. You have been distanced by your own Union for telling the CWA what to do in the past

You get your head bashed in by the UA folks for posting half truths about their situation

Then last but not least you get shot inh the face by the IAM'ers that are not in the least bit interested in your views, opinions or half-baked prognostications.

My advice to the Messeneger would be this. Don't walk the streets of Tombstone telling folks what they should do....unless you find a quick well aimed shot in the A$$ to your liking?

I do not see IAM'ers or anyone else telling you or your cohorts at ALPA what to do...so why don't you offer up the same degree of respect to they other groups by sticking to that which effects you most directly. I'm sure you could use a break from plucking buckshot out of your fanny for at least a week or so....why not give it a total rest?