Logic Vs. Emotion

autofixer said:
DCAflyer said:
USA320Pilot,

With all due respect, it strikes me that you are "logical" when it comes to the jobs of other work groups, yet "emotional" when it comes to yours. I recall your venum, albeit justified, when the company was terminating the pilot's pension plan... that's the only time I recall you wanting to fight. So it seems to me that as long as you and your seniority aren't attacked, you are fine with thousands more losing their jobs, and those remaining in other work groups having reduced benefits and wages, being on food stamps, facing foreclosure of their homes and repossession of their cars, having diminished credit ratings, and having to pull their children out of colleges. You see, USA320Pilot, you and your work group have for years enjoyed high incomes and professional prestige. Maybe you should go load an aircraft with cargo or face angry customers for a day and see how hard others have worked year after year so you can have what you have.

Best of luck.
DCAflyer, that is not fair to the pilot group as a whole. Many(if not most) pilots have worked in the pits and know how it is there.
Auto, I was not attacking the pilot profession. If it seemed that way, I appologize. At US Airways, we have the best of the best pilots and I have always known that. I was merely pointing out that the only time USA320Pilot wants to fight the company is when it affects his own status. All others, in his apparent view, should make the sacrifices and take the pay cuts and benefit cuts and job losses.

There is an old addage that goes something like this...

First they came for the Blacks. I was not Black, so I did not fight.
Then they came for the Jews. I was not Jewish, so I did not fight.
Then they came for the Japanese. I was not Japanese, so I did not fight.
Then they came for the Catholics. I was not Catholic, so I did not fight.
Then they came for me. And there was no one left to fight.

savyinvestor said:
If the IAM loses the arbitration or agrees to outsourcing they will all be gone. Its easy to ask others to "fall on the sword" to save someone elses job. Good luck to all. Savy
i work with men & women who once were employed by pan am, eastern, braniff, and yes now twa. they rode the ship down and gave concession after concession only to see thier job vanish in the end. concessions will not save your airline its a proven fact it is a sad fact that usair has been mismanaged to the point of extinction but in the end the vaccum will be filled and airline jobs will return, i personally left continental after the second BK filing and started over in this idustry that i love and yet to this day am unsure of. i guess my point here is when the ship is on an aimless course get the most you can because in the end its still going to run aground and you best be ready to hit the ground running, for those eager to give over and over you are only prolonging the inevitable and lowering the standard for all. it may sound korny but i truly hate to see another airline fail because we are all a family in a sense, but face it people we are nothing but an employee number to these blood sucking corporate elitist who care about only themselves!......best wishes and prayers to all who have sacrificed at usair!

It's funny to watch all the mainline people complain and profess showing Dave by not voting to keep the company running.

Well, when I got off my Dash-8 at a mainline station last week I once again witnessed why we will never survive. Ramp workers make five times what I make at Piedmont, 25 percent more than Express employees doing the same job and a varying amount more than all the low cost carriers.

Piedmont and PSA employees do the same job for less and we make it work and are profitable. I don't like it, but that's the reality. If you don't like it-get out! There is no promise of survival-Life is one Big Risk. The only sure thing is that if revenues don't match expenses we will fail.

PDTGIMP said:
It's funny to watch all the mainline people complain and profess showing Dave by not voting to keep the company running.

Well, when I got off my Dash-8 at a mainline station last week I once again witnessed why we will never survive. Ramp workers make five times what I make at Piedmont, 25 percent more than Express employees doing the same job and a varying amount more than all the low cost carriers.

Piedmont and PSA employees do the same job for less and we make it work and are profitable. I don't like it, but that's the reality. If you don't like it-get out! There is no promise of survival-Life is one Big Risk. The only sure thing is that if revenues don't match expenses we will fail.
sounds like YOU need to GET OUT of your job. :shock:

PDTGIMP said:
Mainline ramp makes about $19 an hour are you telling me you make $3.80 an hour?

700UW said:
PDTGIMP said:
Mainline ramp makes about $19 an hour are you telling me you make $3.80 an hour?
Did you notice that the plane at the beginning of the webcast was 700UW?