The Path Ahead

It appears from 320's post that the IAM is screwed no matter what they do. In that case, I would never give any more concessions. Its a no win situation. On the other hand, is 320's job in jeproady? Savy

It appears 320 wishes to throw the women and children out of the lifeboat first just to save himself!!! I am sure glad he was not on the Titantic. What happened to the "Captain goes down with the ship" The thought of being a "stay at home " mom must not appeal to him. There are always the royalities from his acting career...........

USA320Pilot said:
My point is simple: Negotiate the "Going Forward Plan" and require items such as minimum block hours. If the company is going to fly 12.5 hours per aircraft per day, then pencil into the ALPA contract a change from 936,900 block hours per year (279 aircraft x 10 hours per day x 365 days per year) to 1,172,250 block hours per year (279 aircraft x 12.5 hours per day x 365 days per year).

This will require the productivity changes expand flying and maintain jobs across all work groups, while averaging down unit costs.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Ah-h-h, Capt, Sir.
Lemme make a point. Ok, you as a pilot agree to give more. To a (small?)degree, you have the way to get back some of your loss. Example... Now, I see aircraft taxiing so slow a 5 year old on a tricycle could out run them. If your pay changes again, so could the age of the kid on the tricycle...to say a 3 year old. Why, I bet you could even find a way to "go around" some of those little fluffy white clouds instead of flying thru them if you wanted to (more time.).
Some of us don't have this advantage. Overtime is out. Our hourly wage that is agreeded to, is all that we are getting now....and if it is changed, that will be all we get then. Some of us can't make our work last longer. We have no way to re-cupe any of the loss.
My point is, we are not all bound to playing by the same rules.
However; my suggestion is....if it should come back for the employee to vote on more give-backs, you vote your conviction....I'm gonna vote mine. I won't try to influence you, if you won't try to influence me. :unsure:

700UW said:
Since we all know you deceived us on who you really are, let me take the time and educate you on how things work, if you were a "real" union member you would know.

Arbitration is just like going to court, same rules basically apply and HISTORY does mean everything and anything when it comes to making a case.
Once again your wrong. Arbitration means nothing, if it means the self implosion of the company . All the judges in the country can rule in favor of Iam, it will not change the outcome .... Why is it so hard for you to understand your "5000" Iam workers wont have a job period if this company goes under. I will only reference you to the prior vote. Your Iam leaders sort of "misled" its members to think theres a betta day a comin if you vote this down. Lo and behold they found out willy wily quick of the alternative and were given a second chance to look at the real picture. The vote past. It will again. You cant lecture me 700 about union history. Im in it i know it. The difference here is , they are not God to me. I know which side my bread is buttered on. It aint the unions my friend. Plain and simply the truth , your welcome to it. FYI My offer still stands for you to prove who you are. Ive offered and you wont except. Why is that 700? You make an acusation about me however what about you? Lets trade job descriptions and employee numbers. I have a number you can call to verify who i am I have nothin to hide. :)

The vote past. It will again
Tell the people of this board oh great Swami what else does your crystal ball predict for the future?
FACT... neither you nor I know what the members of the IAM are going to vote... we dont know if there will even be vote much less a yes vote.
fliboi dont bother giving me your opinion on this particular topic, you'll be wasting your time, I have no intention of returning to this thread.

I would be perfectly fine about the end coming here knowing usfliboi and USA320Pilot was right there with me. See you on the other side.

usfliboi - Since you have been dishonest with us in the past how are we to know when to believe you? You sound like you are really shaken up over this IAM thing. Starting to sweat huh?

And USA320Pilot when you said the statement below did you have any intention of keeping your word?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (USA320Pilot@ Feb 23 2004, 06:57 AM)
â€￾I will not dictate terms to you and until you start paying my bills, don't you dare dictate them to me either.â€￾

Whoop ...............whoop............panic mode............tic.....toc.....tic......toc........

Sorry, here it is once again. Has anyone read this yet?

There is a master plan, my friends, each company has one, and the sooner you can get over not wanting to believe it, or worrying that to believe it puts you in the ranks of the nutters who thrive on conspiracy theories, then the sooner we have a chance of stopping them. Their singular goal is to take enough control over our lives so that, in the end, we’ll be pledging allegiance, not to a flag or some airy notions of freedom and democracy, but to the dictates of Citigroup, Exxon, Nike, GE, GM, P&G, and Philip Morris. It is their executives who now call the shots, and you can go vote and protest and cheat the IRS all you want to get back at them, but face it: You are no longer in charge. You know it and they know it, and all that remains is the day when it will be codified onto a piece of paper, the Declaration of the Corporate States of America.

Michael Moore
“Dude, Where’s My Country?â€￾

:blink:

USfliboy,

You are missing the point, again, if the IAM says yes, it will be lost. MX work will be outsourced to the lowest bidder. Heck, the company has violated the contract and if that does not get through your brain, maybe this will, they broke a promise that they repeatedly made to the IAM.
Do tell me, if the IAM votes yes, what will the reduction be in terms of jobs. 30-50-70%? Where do you think it will stop?

Sure, A320Pilot is all for it, but I can almost assure you, that he is so high on the seniority list, that unless U folds, he will still have a job. He was not so pleased with the company, once his pension was threatened.
He is now trying to protect, what is left of his career, and while I do not blame him one bit, the very same can be said of the IAM members. The only difference is, they are showing solidarity. Something, which I do not think is in your vocabulary.

At what point do you grow some cojones and stand up like a man? Ever?

My Path Ahead.

My current CBA calls for 15 weeks severance pay.
In a matter of months I will loose my job.
If the Company only starts selling off assets I will get my severance, if they liquidate i wont get squat.

I see no yellow brick road ahead @ the U 4 ME.

Attachments

• road.jpg
    road.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 166
Dizel8 said:
USfliboy,

You are missing the point, again, if the IAM says yes, it will be lost. MX work will be outsourced to the lowest bidder. Heck, the company has violated the contract and if that does not get through your brain, maybe this will, they broke a promise that they repeatedly made to the IAM.
Do tell me, if the IAM votes yes, what will the reduction be in terms of jobs. 30-50-70%? Where do you think it will stop?

Sure, A320Pilot is all for it, but I can almost assure you, that he is so high on the seniority list, that unless U folds, he will still have a job. He was not so pleased with the company, once his pension was threatened.
He is now trying to protect, what is left of his career, and while I do not blame him one bit, the very same can be said of the IAM members. The only difference is, they are showing solidarity. Something, which I do not think is in your vocabulary.

At what point do you grow some cojones and stand up like a man? Ever?
Believe you hit the nail right on the head concerning A320. His number is probably so high that he will still be there after the IAM is long gone. This would explain his relentless badgering of the other employee groups. Good luck to all! Savy

pitguy said:
I would be perfectly fine about the end coming here knowing usfliboi and USA320Pilot was right there with me. See you on the other side.

usfliboi - Since you have been dishonest with us in the past how are we to know when to believe you? You sound like you are really shaken up over this IAM thing. Starting to sweat huh?

And USA320Pilot when you said the statement below did you have any intention of keeping your word?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (USA320Pilot@ Feb 23 2004, 06:57 AM)
â€￾I will not dictate terms to you and until you start paying my bills, don't you dare dictate them to me either.â€￾

Whoop ...............whoop............panic mode............tic.....toc.....tic......toc........
Ill offer you the same deal pit reveal your employee number, i have offered to do the same. Ill reveal my name supervisor and employee number. Nothing to hide here bud ? YOU? Now that should put that to rest . My opinion is just that , take it or leave it. Dont like it? Dont worry about it! Time will tell the whole truth my pitt bud (soon to be phl or clt) so sit back and watch because thats all you can do . Oh and insult to ( i forgot that one)

usfliboi said:
Ill offer you the same deal pit reveal your employee number, i have offered to do the same. Ill reveal my name supervisor and employee number. Nothing to hide here bud ? YOU? Now that should put that to rest . My opinion is just that , take it or leave it. Dont like it? Dont worry about it! Time will tell the whole truth my pitt bud (soon to be phl or clt) so sit back and watch because thats all you can do . Oh and insult to ( i forgot that one)
usfliboi,

You were busted, plain and simple, and if you really are a U employee you would know it is against US Airways ethics in business policy to say you work for US Airways on the internet, and you cannot reveal your name.

And you would be a fool to post your name, employee # or any other personal information on the internet or give it to someone you don't even know.

Even a poster who use to use the same tactics, read the ethics policy and does not identify himself anymore.

But good try on getting some fine US Airways' employees in trouble.

Seems someone is trying to get people in trouble and/or fired.

Well, Usflyboi....you just said that you would offer your name, employee number for all to see. DO IT>Just do it.!!!!!!!! Oh and your Supervisor, too. I am just reading what you just previously posted. Come one DO IT. We are all waiting. :up: :up: Come on big guy show us ALL. :up: :up: You can do it. We know you can. Name, employee number and Supervisor. We.....are.....waiting.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to go back and forth on this issue, but the company requested the IAM discuss and negotiate the outsourcing issue, but the union refused.

From a historical perspective, unions lose most of the grievances, therefore, the odds are stacked against the IAM in the upcoming arbitration.

Moreover, the company may decide to not enter into discussions with the IAM on the "Going Forward Plan" and simply outsource most of the work, which would make the IAM and its members views irrelevant. That's the risk for the IAM by not agreeing to cost effectively conduct aircraft overhaul in-house before the Arbitrator issues an Opinion and Award.

In my opinion, the company will negotiate new CBA's with ALPA, AFA, TWU, and the CWA first, then work with the IAM. If the IAM, all three contracts (Machinist, Utility, & FSA), do not reach an agreement, the company will accelerate the elimination of in-house overhaul.

The airline could dramatically lower unit costs over time by rejecting the Pittsburgh Maintenance facility, obtain 60 A320 family aircraft, accelerate the delivery of A330-200s, and order EMB-190 aircraft. This would lower distribution, pilot, and training costs; as well as CASM.

This situation will likely not effect me one way or another and the IAM and its members have a choice. Negotiate new CBA's or perish, while the airline survives.

It's your choice...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Back