The pilot group , what do you think will happen ?

East is making a huge show , but come time to vote on a contract they will ?

• vote yes for a new contract

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • vote no on a new contract

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interesting the westies always go on the defensive. Not one of you has responded to the original post.

Cat that got the canary?

Interesting the westies always go on the defensive. Not one of you has responded to the original post.

Cat that got the canary?

They can't.

They know they are going to lose, big time. Like the scabs that started HP, they grabbed too much. They showed up to a fight with knives, we showed with guns.

No matter who "wins", it ain't gonna be pretty. There are gonna be some broken noses and limping richards. Get used to it.

Just sayin'

The West will end up with DOH and, now, no fences. They could have gotten conditions and restrictions but, like in any greedy venture, they will end up with much less than they could have had, rich rewards for an airline founded by scabs.

Exactly what is your source since you are saying this WILL happen? I haven't read anything from ALPA that says that DOH will be used. Can you also tell me the lottery numbers next week and who will win the Belmont Stakes?

And even if you are right with your look into your crystal ball, then we would end up with no less than your MC's nonflexible, nonnegotiable seniority position. Ok your turn to call me a seven year old again.

I want you to do what you want to do, even if I disagree with you. I want you to have a position and the desire to advance or even change your position, depending on the facts and truths you encounter.

I want you to be you. I respect you and your opinion, even if you may not. My big problem comes about when someone does not respect themselves. You are worthy to take an opinion, even is it turns out to be wrong. Your years of service guarantees that your word will be taken with the seniority it represents and not a day less.

The West will end up with DOH and, now, no fences. They could have gotten conditions and restrictions but, like in any greedy venture, they will end up with much less than they could have had, rich rewards for an airline founded by scabs.

Man, were you drinking when you wrote this? It makes no sense. Here's my stance: I'm from the east, I think the award was very unfair, I want it fixed. I also understand the the west pilots disagree with me, and I will let them have their opinion while we sort this out. If they post something I don't agree with I will call them on it. I will not be the one calling them names. That does not help any of us. Is that what you are looking for?

That's a shame. I wonder why the AAA MEC didn't make them available? (hint: knowledge is power)

As I said I'm not sure they weren't available, or would have been available if I asked. I went through a divorce during that time and the seniority list wasn't my main concern then. Do you know what we were offered before arbitration?

Do you read the national ALPA board? There is a guy posting on there that was there, he has some interesting info.

Here's my stance: I'm from the east, I think the award was very unfair, I want it fixed.

BINDING ARBITRATION

# Unpredictability - because arbitrators generally are not required to follow legal precedent or procedural or evidentiary rules, and because many arbitrators are not licensed attorneys, the outcome of arbitration may be much less predictable than the outcome of traditional litigation;

# Finality - most arbitration decisions cannot be reviewed on appeal; thus the arbitrator's decision is final;

Apparently you have not seen the concessions APA granted in order to get the fine reduced.

Do you know what we were offered before arbitration?
I have it on PDF. The opening and closing statements of both sides are available to us.
Do you read the national ALPA board? There is a guy posting on there that was there, he has some interesting info.
I pretty much avoid that site. Too much "you suck" and "no, you suck". Kind of like some threads here. I've talked to one of our Merger Committee
members. My last question to him was "Did the AAA Merger Committee really think Nicolau was going to rule close to what they wanted?" He said one of them did but the others were more realistic.

. My last question to him was "Did the AAA Merger Committee really think Nicolau was going to rule close to what they wanted?" He said one of them did but the others were more realistic.

Finally the truth comes out. The AAA merger committee was throwing a hail marry and now the MEC is deperately trying to pin the blame on anybody other than those who wrote the resolution demanding an unworkable strategy...Got to blame someone.

Mr. Furlough

the only reason nobody answers your ramblings is because it's not worth anyone's time. I'm on here out of sheer boredom and morbid curiosity but it's interesting to note how you and USA320 have to resort to ever more provocative posts in order to get any response from the west side. Negotiations are over....As in over....As in no more negotiating....Get it?

I for one am curious what a bunch of 50+year olds are going to do after 20+ years of flying airplanes for a living if they 'burn the airline to the ground' out of spite. I'm sure the knowledge that we AWA pilots won't be able to enjoy our 'stolen seniority' will be sweet for a week or two. But then the reality of flushing a 100k/year job down the toilet without a valid backup will leave one heck of a mark. When you realize that few if any AWA pilots would have ever gone for Phl/clt/dca/etc then it will sting even more. Not a good way to end a career in my opinion. But what do I know? I'm just a dumb AWA pilot in your eyes.

Keep posting though if it makes you feel better. Just realize that the lack of response from the west means that nobody takes you seriously anymore.

Finally the truth comes out. The AAA merger committee was throwing a hail marry and now the MEC is deperately trying to pin the blame on anybody other than those who wrote the resolution demanding an unworkable strategy...Got to blame someone.

Mr. Furlough

the only reason nobody answers your ramblings is because it's not worth anyone's time. I'm on here out of sheer boredom and morbid curiosity but it's interesting to note how you and USA320 have to resort to ever more provocative posts in order to get any response from the west side. Negotiations are over....As in over....As in no more negotiating....Get it?

I for one am curious what a bunch of 50+year olds are going to do after 20+ years of flying airplanes for a living if they 'burn the airline to the ground' out of spite. I'm sure the knowledge that we AWA pilots won't be able to enjoy our 'stolen seniority' will be sweet for a week or two. But then the reality of flushing a 100k/year job down the toilet without a valid backup will leave one heck of a mark. When you realize that few if any AWA pilots would have ever gone for Phl/clt/dca/etc then it will sting even more. Not a good way to end a career in my opinion. But what do I know? I'm just a dumb AWA pilot in your eyes.

Keep posting though if it makes you feel better. Just realize that the lack of response from the west means that nobody takes you seriously anymore.

They need to talk to the furloughed guys coming back, they after several years are coming back because its the best job they could find.

Stopping the list merge is all a moot point because Parker will force the list integration after a certain amount of time if the East pull out of negotiations. How you say? through the legal document known as the Hemmingway (sp) letter. Good you say "they can suffer with our contract" wrong again the West will have moved on to a new contract of there own (opened sec. 6) and will have it imposed on the East. It will be a be a good deal for the East but they will have had no input so it will be primarily West biased.

They also don't realize if they "burn this place down" when the list goes through the West guys have 1 year of furlough protection so if mass economic disturbances take place East guys start hitting the street....again.

In the end East will cost themselves about $20-$30k in lost pay and benefits and may cost themselves jobs (and other work groups don't forget) if they go through with there threats. All for what fighting the unfightable binding arbitration.

Time to recall your MEC and start with some fresh thinkers because whats there isn't working.

Mr. Furlough

the only reason nobody answers your ramblings is because it's not worth anyone's time.
Apparently it's worth yours :lol:

Elevation:

"Good you say "they can suffer with our contract" wrong again the West will have moved on to a new contract of there own (opened sec. 6) and will have it imposed on the East."

That's actually hilarious...You seem to seriously believe that the currently highest compensated , but smallest/minority group can/will negotiate a good contract for yourselves...and in a timely manner. What's your viable "threat" to management?...A strike? Don't make us all laugh. What possible impetus does management have to deal with you seperately? Management will run over you like you're little more than lawn grass at this point. Even if/when you open up Sec 6...you would wait for years for any contract resolution.

Apparently it's worth yours :lol:

Elevation:

"Good you say "they can suffer with our contract" wrong again the West will have moved on to a new contract of there own (opened sec. 6) and will have it imposed on the East."

That's actually hilarious...You seem to seriously believe that the currently highest compensated , but smallest/minority group can/will negotiate a good contract for yourselves...and in a timely manner. What's your viable "threat" to management?...A strike? Don't make us all laugh. What possible impetus does management have to deal with you seperately? Management will run over you like you're little more than lawn grass at this point. Even if/when you open up Sec 6...you would wait for years for any contract resolution.

At minimum it will be $20-$30 bucks more than the East makes and thats the company opener :p The contract is partially completed already and not much farther to go so we won't have to wait to long :D