This Is What We're Talking About

FM2436 said:
X-U

What are you talking about, this reveals what "the plan" has always been? Do you realize who has affected this plan (or last night's TA)? It can be directly attributed to the actions of the RC4. Had the RC4 permitted the pilots to vote on management's last proposal, the flying of all these aircraft would have remained with MDA and/or PSA. Now I know and understand that TA's can be amended, but had the RC4 authorized a vote on management's last proposal prior to bankruptcy, and the proposal was approved and the company still declared bankruptcy, wouldn't that have offered a piece of paper (evidence) available to the pilots that management once again broke its promises when the pilots are to go before the Judge?

"The Plan" was to originally keep the E190 at MDA and/or PSA, but apparently, the RC4 would not permit that plan to be carry forward. As a result it truns out that the actions of the RC4, whether they realized it or not, created "the current plan," or last nights TA, allowing contract carriers to have the opportunity to operate those aircraft under the US Airways colors.
[post="188339"][/post]​

Any talk of having a piece of paper to ensure anything is ludicrous. Hitler had more respect for the "piece of paper" that Neville Chamberlain took back to England. IF Bronfield get what they want this time around, they will be back for more. The goal is to have a virtual airline with the remaining 28,000 (less any CCY jobs they want to keep) jobs outsourced. It's just a question of whether it's sooner rather than later

ITRADE said:
Well, you could have 1x1 seating and be as long as a 767. The cabin layout has driven the length of the plane.
[post="188287"][/post]​

Don't be silly. Scope usually goes by what the plane can be configured to. In other words, you cant put 50 luxury seats on a BBJ, slap an Express sticker on it, and fly it to Paris.

And if it were 3X3 and shorter it would still be a mainline, 100 seat airliner. My point with the dimensions was to show how outrageous it's became- having contract "Express" planes that are larger than the supposedly "mainline" planes.

Rico said:
This TA would allow the company to acqiure and fly up to 60 E-190 (97 seats max)
[post="188321"][/post]​

If this TA goes through, how long would it take for U to begin receiving deliveries of the E-190?
Would they want to right away? What sort of time frame are we looking at here? :unsure:

Air conditioned,

Last I saw, the E-190 won't be certified and deliveries start till the 3rd quarter of '05. That info is a few months old, so some change either way may have occured.

The CRJ-900, on the other hand, is available. Only the financing is standing in the way of deliveries. I certainly don't know when or if financing can be worked out.

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
The company is not going to take delivery of any more 50-seat RJs and maybe no more 70 seaters.
[post="188071"][/post]​

So if the company is

A )not getting any more E-170s
and
B ) the E-190s are at least a year away
and
C ) the CRJ-900s are going to an affiliate
...then
D ) there will be no more growth at MAA

Is that about right?

Air conditioned,

I would assume that if the company can sort the financing out they will resume deliveries of the E-170's (and probably at MDA given the contracts there). However, that could be a big if....

Jim