Rumour- E170 Ops

MDA aircraft can be sold and employment offered to its employees by the acquiring carrier, under their terms. For example, it could be like Pan Am selling assets to Delta and Delta deciding on whom to employ, if any MDA employees. In this case the likely acquiring companies would be Mesa, Chautauqua, or Air Wisconsin.

When the RC4 elected to not have the membership vote on the company’s September 6 proposal, management’s next offer presented to the Negotiating Committee on September 10 eliminated most of the scope protection, which is now part of the new CBA, and changed RJ scope limits.

Meanwhile, the Air Wisconsin agreement permits the carrier to operate 90-seat RJs, either the EMB-190 or CRJ-900, LOA 93 permits this to occur, and ALPA is already discussing J4J issues within context of this deal.

US Airways is discussing the sale of MDA assets and operations as a means of obtaining exit financing. Will it occur? Maybe, maybe not, but it is an option as part of the comprehensive RJ solution and to obtain exit financing. Personally, I believe that PSA and Piedmont are at more risk of being sold, however, you can only sell what the market wants to buy. Regardless, I have been directly told it may occur, the ATSB is involved in the discussions, and the government would need to provide approval. We will have to wait and see what offer the Board selects for its POR and whether or not MDA or an affiliate carrier is sold.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Have they left a loophole for anything that would allow MDA to be sold off as a separate entity? Perhaps that's what 320's alluding to...

-JC

I am fearful that this is more likely to happen to Mainline employees as it is "parted out." Regrettably, under LOA 93, all follow on or fragmentation rights have been eliminated.

N924PS:

You're right, it could happen to Mainline, MDA, PSA, or Piedmont employees. Nobody is protected, however, I do know for fact that MDA, PSA, and Piedmont have been offered. Will it occur? It depends on the price plus a global RJ solution to a number of problems/issues.

Management does not want to sell any of its assets, but with oil prices on the NYMEX trading at $53 a barrel all options are being explored.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
I do know for fact that MDA, PSA, and Piedmont have been offered.
Regards,
USA320Pilot
[post="253542"][/post]​

I guess I will call the SEC tomorrow morning, seems like you and whoever told you (which I believe you are making it up) have broken numerous SEC rules and regulations.

Light Years said:
And how would it be sold... you mean the planes? There is no certificate or anything to sell.
[post="253523"][/post]​
Unfortunately, logic and reality are lost on some people.

USA320Pilot said:
MDA aircraft can be sold and employment offered to its employees by the acquiring carrier, under their terms
[post="253528"][/post]​

Please explain what assets MAA has. There is no independent operating certificate, and all aircraft are leased!

USA320Pilot said:
For example, it could be like Pan Am selling assets to Delta.
[post="253528"][/post]​

The profound difference being that PanAm actually owned its aircraft, to wit, there were assets to be transferred to Delta!

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways is discussing the sale of MDA assets and operations as a means of obtaining exit financing.
[post="253528"][/post]​
Again, what marketable assets does MAA hold?

Regards,
DCAflyer

USA320Pilot said:
MDA aircraft can be sold and employment offered to its employees by the acquiring carrier, under their terms. For example, it could be like Pan Am selling assets to Delta and Delta deciding on whom to employ, if any MDA employees. In this case the likely acquiring companies would be Mesa, Chautauqua, or Air Wisconsin.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="253528"][/post]​

Duke/Spellacy case took care of that.