Rumour- E170 Ops

..... MidAtlantic Employee's, thanks but your history..

First of all, it is ...you're history not YOUR. If it is true that they will get furloughed, which it IS NOT, don't be so heartless. You are not safe either buddy.

Twicebaked said:
..... MidAtlantic Employee's, thanks but your history..
First of all, it is ...you're history not YOUR. If it is true that they will get furloughed, which it IS NOT, don't be so heartless. You are not safe either buddy.
[post="246770"][/post]​
???????? what????

fr8tmastr said:
????????  what????
[post="246772"][/post]​

Sorry,

I was quoting a comment that justaumechanic made about MAA employees.
It did not show that I was quoting them.

DOA@Airport said:
Thanks. Is there any particular rationale for painting an express aircraft with the Star Alliance livery?
[post="246445"][/post]​

They are the only new aircraft the company is recieving. For thier part, there are some Airbuses and 757s as well.

There's supposed to be a few 170s in the Star colours coming too.

Phoenix said:
Yes...

The lower paying mgt positions at MDA are being upgraded to the higher paying positions at Mainine. And for the employees, the higher paying jobs at Mainline are being downgraded to MDA. The transformation is well underway.

There is no merger. It is just smoke and mirrors.

Cheers
[post="245910"][/post]​
FROM THE MOUTH OF MAA DIRECTOR OF TCHNICAL OPERATIONS, MAA WILL BE INTIGRATED W/ US AIRWAYS! WITHIN TWO MONTHS YOU WILL NOT SEE EXPRESS ON AN MAA EMB-170

bisket1 said:
FROM THE MOUTH OF MAA DIRECTOR OF TCHNICAL OPERATIONS, MAA WILL BE INTIGRATED W/ US AIRWAYS! WITHIN TWO MONTHS YOU WILL NOT SEE EXPRESS ON AN MAA EMB-170
[post="250567"][/post]​

So, for passengers, does this mean we will see a FC cabin too???

jimcfs said:
So, for passengers, does this mean we will see a FC cabin too???
[post="250582"][/post]​
IT'S ALL FIRST CLASS DON'T U KNOW LEATHER-N-ROOMY . JUST SIT THERE LONGER THAN AN HOUR AND A HALF!

Leather Seats
Adjustable Headrests
Widest Economy Seat in US Airways fleet
Most legroom in Economy in US Airways fleet
2X2 seating

It pretty much IS the US Airways domestic first class product, but a whole cabin of it.

I've said it before, but I think this is what they should do. Lose the Express titles and keep it in the nice configuration. They should print a manifest for the F/As, and if there are US1s or what have you on board, comp them a drink, or meal if applicable. Unless people really miss the tacky basket of chips, it would be pretty much an identical experience to First Class on a 737.

I've not heard good reviews of Chautaqua's dual class E170s for United Express. The first class feels silly with just three seats, and the F/As still have to spend most of thier time in the back. The other 70 something passengers are punished severely in the legroom department, just to provide three people with a bulkhead and legroom pretty much equivalent to what US has for everyone.

I'm a believer that you don't need a first cabin for these short haul routes that the 737 does and will eventually be EJets. I'd rather see a nice Economy product for everyone on those routes. The Airbuses should have first class cabins, since they are used on Carribbean, transcon etc, and it should be a quality product. In other words, I'd rather see them ditch the cabin on the shorter hauls and pour the savings into a QUALITY first class product for the long hauls and internationals.

Light Years said:
I've not heard good reviews of Chautaqua's dual class E170s for United Express. The first class feels silly with just three seats, and the F/As still have to spend most of thier time in the back. The other 70 something passengers are punished severely in the legroom department, just to provide three people with a bulkhead and legroom pretty much equivalent to what US has for everyone.

[post="250591"][/post]​

I was talking with a Chautaqua crew that flies the E-170 and the F/A's told me that they DO NOT have coffee makers anymore. They took them out. OUCH!!!! I would not be able to handle that. They have the coffee machines like the Dash-8's. Where it gets filled up in the morning and that is it..you gotta drink black sludge all day.. YUCK!!! :shock:

Once again, he does not let facts get in his way.

MDA is not a stand alone operation, it operates of the US Airways' mainline certificate.