THIS MEANS WAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The airline industry is going through some difficult times. I can understand why USAirways employees are angry at the decisions and actions of management in the last day or so, BUT, I think the financial situation at USAirways may be worse than expected, and, drastic times call for drastic measures by management. Not exactly labor friendly, but maybe totally necessary.

[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/26/2002 6:25:08 PM exjetgurl wrote: [BR][edited by moderator]. [BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR]Moderator:[BR][BR]This is clearly a religious slur and should not be tolerated on these boards. exjetgurl should be ex-communicated from these boards!

I dont think many people here would argue that these are critical times that need drastic measures, HOWEVER, you can tell me the company couldnt have done this three weeks ago OR waited until Friday or Monday? Why do it 3 days before the holidays? Its bad enough losing your job, but 3 days before the holidays? Arent they stressful enough for most people WITHOUT having the added news that you're not going to have a job now? Would three extra days have sent us Chapter 7? If so, then nothing we do is going to help now, just get it over with already so we can start a NEW year off fresh. The news of a job loss is sickening enough, but the timing just smacks those in the face that much more.

what slur?
[blockquote]

----------------
On 11/26/2002 7:24:40 PM Cosmo wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 6:25:08 PM exjetgurl wrote:
[edited by moderator].
----------------
[/BLOCKQUOTE]
Moderator:

This is clearly a religious slur and should not be tolerated on these boards. "exjetgurl" should be "ex"-communicated from these boards!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Cosmo -[BR]I didn't mean to offend; however, if the shoe fits....[BR][BR]Again, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put the puzzle pieces together. Since I am Jewish, grew up with a Jewish mother and a Protestant father, my insights are purely from my own cultural and business experiences. If what I said appears anti-semetic it probably was, but I speak from my heart and what I have personally lived and dealt with. I can assure you I am not off to join a Hitler youth rally nor the Ku Klux Klan. Again, these are the things we speak and do not say....which are deemed politically incorrect.

It's gone, no big whoop. Basically, I brought up a politically incorrect topic of why business leaders of a certain faith seem to be the way they are.

Boy, are you on a roll tonight sweet pea! Can't you type better than that? Afterall, one does need to use complete sentences with proper punctuation.

Gee, never been to Indy before, but I hear the people there are great. But coming from the south, my manners prohibit me from addressing you as needed. Go throw your self important party somewhere where it might be heeded.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 8:37:24 PM exjetgurl wrote:

Cosmo -
I didn't mean to offend; however, if the shoe fits....

Again, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put the puzzle pieces together. Since I am Jewish, grew up with a Jewish mother and a Protestant father, my insights are purely from my own cultural and business experiences. If what I said appears anti-semetic it probably was, but I speak from my heart and what I have personally lived and dealt with. I can assure you I am not off to join a Hitler youth rally nor the Ku Klux Klan. Again, these are the things we speak and do not say....which are deemed "politically incorrect".
----------------
[/blockquote]

What a lame excuse! Does it mean that if I am of a certain nationality or religion I can be offensive or make steroetypical remards towards that religion or ethnic group? I think your comments were deemed ignorant rather than politically incorrect.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 7:43:44 PM tadjr wrote:

I dont think many people here would argue that these are critical times that need drastic measures, HOWEVER, you can tell me the company couldnt have done this three weeks ago OR waited until Friday or Monday? Why do it 3 days before the holidays? Its bad enough losing your job, but 3 days before the holidays? Arent they stressful enough for most people WITHOUT having the added news that you're not going to have a job now? Would three extra days have sent us Chapter 7? If so, then nothing we do is going to help now, just get it over with already so we can start a NEW year off fresh. The news of a job loss is sickening enough, but the timing just smacks those in the face that much more.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Don't know if the company could have announced / closed TPA 3 weeks ago or waited until after Thanksgiving. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe if/when US emerges from chpt.11 as a reorganized airline these actions of management will be seen as bold move. Luckily locks are going up only at a hangar at one station and not system wide. On the other hand, maybe it is too little too late.

Good lord, go translate it! [A href=http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box]http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box[/A]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts