THIS MEANS WAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to our pal Dave I think the biggest problem with the latest cuts is the fact they did it with no notice and just before a holiday. I know I know, all you Dave worshipers out there, poor dave, what is a CEO to do? Well one thing, unless you expect me to believe he thought this up last night is to give those dedicated loyal employees some notice of the upcoming cuts. They expect no less from us! What did he think they would do? steal their own tools or perhaps the great A319 heist? A little bit of courtesy from labor friendly Dave should not be that much of a problem. Doing something like this to honest hardworking people speaks volumes about someones character in my book.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 11:19:13 PM fr8tmastr wrote:

Back to our pal "Dave" I think the biggest problem with the latest cuts is the fact they did it with no notice and just before a holiday. I know I know, all you "Dave" worshipers out there, "poor dave, what is a CEO to do?" Well one thing, unless you expect me to believe he thought this up last night is to give those dedicated loyal employees some notice of the upcoming cuts. They expect no less from us! What did he think they would do? steal their own tools or perhaps the great A319 heist? A little bit of courtesy from "labor friendly Dave" should not be that much of a problem. Doing something like this to honest hardworking people speaks volumes about someones character in my book.
----------------
[/blockquote]

It was reported on the news that US Airways had a payment due on the hangar December 1st and didn't have the money. So, it could have been that the HCAA (who owns the hangar) basicly told them get out if you can't pay.

However, the evidence points to the fact that US knew this was coming and it kept it secret. That is just an immoral and low thing to do.

[DIV]Ich bin nicht dumm!! Ich sagte nicht schädliche Sachen der jüdischen[BR]Leute. Die meisten sind gute Leute. Aber, viele in den Führungrollen[BR]verlassen so viele Überschuß der aller mächtige Dollar. Ich spreche[BR]die Wahrheit.[/DIV]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 10:53:48 PM exjetgurl wrote:

[DIV]Ich bin nicht dumm!! Ich sagte nicht schädliche Sachen der jüdischen
Leute. Die meisten sind gute Leute. Aber, viele in den Führungrollen
verlassen so viele Überschuß der aller mächtige Dollar. Ich spreche
die Wahrheit.[/DIV]
----------------
[/blockquote]

Using a translator found on the internet this is loosely what was written:

I am not stupid! I did not say injurious matters of the Jewish people. They are good people. But, many in the leadership rolls leave so many excesses of that all powerful dollar. I speak the truth.

I pray that you and I shall never meet. I refuse to converse with or acknowledge lowlife bigots.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/26/2002 11:31:12 PM JonC wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/26/2002 11:19:13 PM fr8tmastr wrote: [BR][BR]Back to our pal "Dave" I think the biggest problem with the latest cuts is the fact they did it with no notice and just before a holiday. I know I know, all you "Dave" worshipers out there, "poor dave, what is a CEO to do?" Well one thing, unless you expect me to believe he thought this up last night is to give those dedicated loyal employees some notice of the upcoming cuts. They expect no less from us! What did he think they would do? steal their own tools or perhaps the great A319 heist? A little bit of courtesy from "labor friendly Dave" should not be that much of a problem. Doing something like this to honest hardworking people speaks volumes about someones character in my book.[BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]It was reported on the news that US Airways had a payment due on the hangar December 1st and didn't have the money. So, it could have been that the HCAA (who owns the hangar) basicly told them get out if you can't pay.[BR][BR]However, the evidence points to the fact that US knew this was coming and it kept it secret. That is just an immoral and low thing to do.[BR]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[H5][FONT face=Arial Black]hey i think the company might have missed something.....isn't there a law about 60 days notice for facility closing-like federal law?i seem to remember when they closed utica they announced it and then backed up and waited 60 days.[/FONT][/H5]

Der Trick weiß, wann man Strahl stoppt.

First, my heartfelt sympathies go out to my fellow workers in TPA. This is never a pleasant thing to go through, I am going through it now in CLT.

The timing of this sucks. Sucks big time. That being said, they could have waited until Friday, but everyone is getting paid at least. The worst is yet to come. Thanks to IAM contract language, you now have a whopping three days to make a life altering decision. Take the layoff or uproot your family and go to PIT or CLT. On top of that, commuting is not really an option. You have a reduced flight scheduled, the holiday travel season, plus bad weather to contend with. Those factors led me to take the layoff from CLT and not go to PIT. Add in the Florida snowbirds, and you are all in much more of a bind than I was making this decision.

____lstwhknight writes--->

We went thru this 4 years ago,when they closed LAX.I took LOAP.I was recalled 2 weeks later as senior mechanics went to newark and houston and cleveland to save thier jobs.
Some of the things they encountered where...the all the employees at the new station against them,because that stations lower senority employees got layed off for the new senior ones replacing them.It wasn't thier fault,but they got treated like dirt.That went on for about 2 years.
getting your tires on your car cut weekly,your windows broken out,things stolen.You name it,anything to get you to leave.
The new stations employees gave the transferred employees all the chit jobs,and anything that was outside in 4 feet of snow etc.
It was a really nasty time for everyone,now 5 years later.Everyone is friends etc.
They are recalling the last of all the layed off employees,and people are moving back to thier old stations.
things to look out for are...moving expenses,our airline payed to move you,but if you didnt stay 1 year you payed for it.
Some guys commuted for 5 years,really hard on family life.
Some guys sold thier homes and bought new ones at the new station,only to be layed off a month later.
What I am saying I guess is weight your options before you jump,and by the way they layed us off 2 weeks before christmas also.
Good luck,Gods speed in your recovery.I know it isn't easy,My best wishes for everyone at U.S.Air and everyone layed off.

Also there are competitive reasons not to announce the closing until perhaps a new tennant was found. A tennant not named Delta or SWA!

The rumor mill over here is TPA is dead for a hanger for us, MCO is now the darling for MX. If there was a chance for a hanger though, I am sure some of the displaced mech's would just change shirts and come to work for us....after all we're not so bad.

Okay... cow tipping? Hello, this is not the 1800's and people in Indiana do not cow tip. I would like to say many things to you and about you, however I will refrain. I was under the assumption that this message board was to discuss the issues of our airline, not to make off color comments towards each other. I take it from your post that you have never been to Indianapolis however. We do have quite a lot of culture in addition to the sports.

If you feel the need to discuss financial status or social status, do it in private thru email or chat engines. It is not the kind of thing needed here, and in addition to that you might find that some people are actually better off than you would like to think you are. I digress now though as I feel the need to make personal attacks coming on.

Can we keep this to discussions about the airline and the employees without the attacks now please?

..Iceberg dead ahead...

[H5][FONT face=Comic Sans MS]
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/27/2002 1:08:28 AM PineyBob wrote:
[P]Think that you are partly right DELLDUDE! But I think it is a PA ONLY, not a Federal Law. [BR][BR]Also BK may supercede that law! Times might be tough but they have been playing this by the rules and the situation isn't that desparate YET! (is it?)[BR][BR]Ever think they might have resorted to the less than perfect way to do a layoff as a negoiating ploy to scare the pants off the workers? I would argue that it was misguided as it only opened old wounds.[BR][BR]The TPA closing probably saved about 40 million dollars in loaded labor costs. That's not counting another 2,000 workers from elsewhere which will contribute an additional 80 million or more. The company stated that it needed to save an additional 100 to 300 million. This looks like maybe like they got half the way there.[BR][BR]As for the secrecy. When you do stuff like close a facility you don't want it known due to possible employee theft, sabotage, etc. Remember the lack of trust goes both ways! Also there are competitive reasons not to announce the closing until perhaps a new tennant was found. A tennant not named Delta or SWA! Before you get all fired up, STOP and think If I were Dave and my company's survival depended on me making prudent business decisions what would I have done? Decisions like these are the reason I dropped out of the Management Training Program I was in at a Fortune 100 Company, It is also why I stopped selling outsourcing services for that same company. I couldn't live with myself. Others like Dave can! Does it make him a bad person? NO! It makes him a leader![/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]utica is in new york....but this may only apply if they are pulling out TOTALLY...as they still run line ops.i guess.[/P][/FONT][/H5]

Wrong PineyBob, it is the WARN Act a Federal Law, because when they shut down INT, ROA and GSO they had to give the 60 day notice.[BR][BR][A href=http://www.dol.gov/dol/compliance/comp-warn.htm]http://www.dol.gov/dol/compliance/comp-warn.htm[/A]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts