Thursday''s Rumors?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/22/2002 2:01:23 PM N628AU wrote:

[blockquote]

----------------

Shouldn't, "There is reason to believe" preface this remark?
----------------
[/blockquote]

N628AU....You are correct Sir!! There is reason to believe....should preface anything regarding the driving force of the Rumor Mill

Contacts made today with TPA....Still are not painting a glowing picture.....Un-named sources...are refusing to comment on TPA's Heavy Maintenance future as well.

The questions about the future of our hangar in TPA....are way to pre-mature to speculate on. This could be part of an Interesting or Unique Corporate Transaction regarding the lease termination....and subsequint relocation of our material assets and people from TPA.

Rumors still circulating around both TPA, CLT and PIT....are still leaning heavily toward an announcement about TPA Heavy Mt.'s future within the week.....I hope this bids well for the good folks down there......We have had more than our fair share of bad news for this year....but realistically.....I see more to come!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/21/2002 5:11:58
PM LDKIAM wrote:

jetBlue will not be taking over the Tampa hangar, you people amaze me:
----------------
[/blockquote]
NEWSFLASH:

US Airways Shuts Florida Maintenance Base, Eliminating 300 Jobs.

ARLINGTON (Bloomberg) -- US Airways Group Inc. closed a maintenance base in Tampa, Florida, eliminating 300 jobs at the facility, as part of a plan to reduce costs.

Complete Story:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?T=mar...eOPKxX8VVMgQWly

I think that it's time for the Union's apoligists to admit that they are as out of the loop as the rest of us.

Or, if they are in the loop, and are sworn to secrecy, that they simply stay silent.

We pay our dues to recieve representation, not disinformation.

-----------------------------------------

Well, one of Thursday's rumors fulfilled. One more to go......

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/21/2002 5:02:52 PM repeet wrote:

Any other rumors out there that we can straighten out?

RUMORS! I DONT HAVE TO SHOW YOU NO STINKIN' RUMORS!! So says DAVE...

TPA's ABC affiliate is reporting that US Airways promised the Airport Manager that they were not going to close the hangar last week.

So, we weren't the only ones.

Latest posts