Afa-cwa Mec Pres Calls It Quits

"after all she has done for you is reprehensible and you should be ashamed."

I don't work for USAir, so she's done nothing for me. Shame isn't in the picture. ALPA leaders are constantly criticized for throwing juniors under the bus. The FA leadership was no different..plain and simple. She knows what she did and that's where the shame comes in.

blueoceans said:

I don't work for USAir, so she's done nothing for me. Shame isn't in the picture. ALPA leaders are constantly criticized for throwing juniors under the bus. The FA leadership was no different..plain and simple. She knows what she did and that's where the shame comes in.
[post="264955"][/post]​

Thomas, you went to work for an airline knowing of the seniority system. It sucks being junior, but believe it or not, everyone ahead of you has done it. The airline biz is a matter of timing. Remember, today's junior puke is tomorrows senior pr*ck...

blueoceans
If anything she did not help herself enough. Being retired she helped me with questions a couple of times and i was not even in her AFA group. In this industry where you live and die by seniority some times you are the dog and sometimes you are the tree. If you stick around long enough you will have been both before you retire.

blueoceans said:

I don't work for USAir, so she's done nothing for me.  Shame isn't in the picture.   ALPA leaders are constantly criticized for throwing juniors under the bus.  The FA leadership was no different..plain and simple.  She knows what she did and that's where the shame comes in.
[post="264955"][/post]​

BO,

You don't know me, and you don't work for USAirways, so that's speaks volumes.

There is no "buy out", or severance. The papers got that wrong (as usual). The $10,000 is a "realease" payment (read below).

The VFLR (which I mostly wrote) was a furlough package that had "limited recall rights". The purpose of this type of furlough was to "balance" the population of workers at U and only for those who wanted to leave the co. The idea was for the co. to enventually "reacall" the INVOL furloughees to come back on the property who have far less seniority and cheaper in cost for the co. If we didn't design something like this, the company was going to force us to pay for ourselves to keep the jobs because as they had told us...we were too expensive for the company at present seniority. That would have left this profession at another 15% paycut min. until 2012. No one could endure that. By working out this VFLR, the pay cut ended up being less than 9%. So you can see that the VFLR was very important to the copany and the overall contract of concessions of $150 million.

COBRA was negotiated for all who took the VFLR and enhanced so that those f/as who opted to leave could switch their option to a lower option so that their COBRA could be affordable.

The $10,000 is for all fa/s who take the VFLR and sign a "release" that they will not bring litigation or a law suit that could arise from this type of furlough for discrimination of age, race, national orgin, disability. This money USAirways is paying for because they don't want anyone bringing any lawsuits forward past, present or future.

The Limited Recall piece, (unlike the VF that can return and slot into their seniority) is available at first year seniority. This peice was to help with unemployment benefits. The furlough needed to have an end date in order to qualify. For the Dec. 2 folks, the unemployment piece may not happen as the eligibility relies on the co. not recalling back f/as.
There are so many f/a monthly, just resigning that the co. may have to start to recall this year sometime.

The VFLR had 852 bidders, and only 500 were awarded. In addition, there are approx over 470 f/as leaving by Dec 31 into retirment. That's almost 1,000 f/as this year who are above 15 year seniority. And since the VFLR was over subscribed, it triggers another offering next year, whereby even more of us will opt to leave.

With regard to the original VF1, which again I was responsible for the genesis of that program, and when Gangwal was our CEO, gave 24 months full medical coverage at employee active rate. So, you are incorrect again.

The reason I am leaving, truly, is that this environment is extremely oppresive to the employees, and I can't see a clear path out of the present condition with this managment. I can't work for a management team that disrespects their employees so much that they pay to have them leave, while paying management retention bonuses to stay. Once the new boys came in town, everything started to change rapidly, and the rest is our history.

If we would merge with AWA, hopefully the New Board would put in place new managment and clean the slate.

I know that the co. has one exec that if he should be fired they would have to pay him in the millions. (and its not Jerry)

Latest posts

Back