Afa-cwa Mec Pres Calls It Quits

Going off topic guys!!
This thread is about Teddy not seniority.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
What Fear is that? Bring'em on buddy! I've been ready to go to war to protect airline worker wages and benefits for quite some time now,but you "NEVILLE CHAMBERLAIN'S" keep appeasing the "HITLERS" of the airline industry.
[post="264028"][/post]​

I'm certain that you believe you have an ax to grind, however, this just isn't the place. This topic is about someone that is leaving, and those with whom she has had some association would like to pay "homage", if you will. I'm sorry that the topic isn't about you or your issues. You could always begin a new one, and then everyone can focus on your POV. Good luck, either way.

Teddy!

You're the best, you've given more than anyone could ever have asked, to the detriment of your own well-being and to those in your family that missed seeing you! You were always fighting for what was fair, balanced and best given the dynamics at hand. You are to be commended, admired and given the blessings of all you'd worked so hard to protect. Remember that so that you may leave in peace and without an ounce of guilt or misgiving. You will be missed by everyone, customers and employees equally.

Lots 'o Luck old pal --

Lark

TheLarkAscending said:
I'm certain that you believe you have an ax to grind, however, this just isn't the place.  This topic is about someone that is leaving, and those with whom she has had some association would like to pay "homage", if you will.  I'm sorry that the topic isn't about you or your issues.  You could always begin a new one, and then everyone can focus on your POV.  Good luck, either way.

Teddy!

You're the best, you've given more than anyone could ever have asked, to the detriment of your own well-being and to those in your family that missed seeing you!  You were always fighting for what was fair, balanced and best given the dynamics at hand.  You are to be commended, admired and given the blessings of all you'd worked so hard to protect.  Remember that so that you may leave in peace and without an ounce of guilt or misgiving.  You will be missed by everyone, customers and employees equally.

Lots 'o Luck old pal --

Lark
[post="264083"][/post]​

Lark,

Now, that made me tearful....

You know instinctively how difficult it has been for all the employees at U, yet most of us, you have never met. The employees have suffered beyond comprehension, and I was in the front row and a witness to all of it. No one would believe it unless they were on the inside to endure it. Your posts have been rich with insight, watchful, and pure.

You spoke to my heart; thank you.

This experience has changed my life forever, and I will never forget.

I thank all of you for your graciousness.

Teddy

700UW said:
The M&R of the IAM tried to join Teddy, but it was impossible for a T/A to be reached because of the job cuts. I do believe the IAM was wrong for not starting talks with the company earlier, but I can understand why, because of the Airbus Outsourcing issue.

The Fleet Service, that is another story, blame the big bad Philly boys for the lack of a T/A.
[post="263932"][/post]​

Oh pleeeeasssee give us all a break. The lousy contract of the iam was mostly a tenative agreement. About 85% imo. The company wasn't taking the iam serious since they threw away their members NO vote and lied about it for a week in the first go around. They knew then they were dealing with a toy union. The agc speeks about the grievances at the union meeting and looks like a whipped pup saying they didn't give us an answer yet about the lead ratio and early out grievances but maybe they will see us again in a couple of weeks. Maybe a strike vote weeks before hand would of helped. The one good thing about a possible merger would be the ousting of the iam finally. That would mean you would no longer keep your appointed union job. :up:

I apologize about the rampage to the other posters and would like to wish Teddy good luck in all her future ventures!! The iam could use some reps like her!

No it was NOT a tentative agreement in ANY way.

Did not see you in the room, talking out your posterior again.

700UW said:
No it was NOT a tentative agreement in ANY way.

Did not see you in the room, talking out your posterior again.
[post="264089"][/post]​

Out of respect for Teddy I'll battle you in another thread another day my appointed lapdog union unnegotiator!! :p

Attachments

• lapdog.jpg
    lapdog.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 130
You will lose like usual.

And Teddy is an awesome lady, have you met her? I have.

700UW said:
You will lose like usual.

And Teddy is an awesome lady, have you met her? I have.
[post="264096"][/post]​

Me and many others lost when the iam threw away our voting rights! :angry: :down: :down:

Good luck Teddy and best of luck with your future endeavors. You will be missed around here. Thank you for fighting for what dignity we all have left after one bad management team after another took our pride, dignity, spirit, solidarity, future, and companions all away! We definitely have all been through a lot and its very sad to see the heart and spirit of this Airline all line up to leave one after the other. The landscape has definitely changed here at USAirways, and we can only hope for better times ahead!

Glad to see you have to insult and call names.

Don't you have an office to break into?

Why don't you ask what Pat Friend makes?

In the year 2002 Mrs Friend earned $119,433.00

Teddy was elected by the membership in PIT and the MEC members, not Pat Friend.

And Mr Roach was elected by the membership also.

Don't let the fact that you have no idea about unions and how they really work get in your way of spewing misinformation once again.

Teddy is a dynamic person and I enjoyed meeting her several times and having great conversations with her, can you say the same?

We're gonna STRIKE! We're gonna STRIKE! Then you USAIR "cowards" voted YES to more concessions! What a bunch of losers! Guess what? I'm a loser too here at AA! I've tried for years to get our scabby workforce to stand up and fight, but all the cowards here at AA keep voting YES! Some unions! People died and went to prison fighting for what people are voting yes away! What next cowards! You gonna work for seven days a week at minimum wage for no benefits?

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
We're gonna STRIKE! We're gonna STRIKE! Then you USAIR "cowards" voted YES to more concessions! What a bunch of losers! Guess what? I'm a loser too here at AA! I've tried for years to get our scabby workforce to stand up and fight, but all the cowards here at AA keep voting YES! Some unions! People died and went to prison fighting for what people are voting yes away! What next cowards! You gonna work for seven days a week at minimum wage for no benefits?
[post="264121"][/post]​

You know something, I agree with you 100%.

Teddy was one of the very few people who would actually take a stand and tell management where to shove it. It’s just that the memberships of "all" unions were sheep-pole and kept voting yes to insanity, which is in itself enough to make a true leader and fighter insane. But even though they keep agreeing to more and more and more give back and cuts and work rules changes that would make slaves pissed, she kept up the fight regardless and did what she could even when her hands were tied behind her back while membership and fellow leaders kept agreeing to even more insanity. All this just goes to show everyone exactly how much grit this lady really has to stay the course this long with the tools and resources available to her, not much. She is like the union leaders of the 20's who had real grit but the trouble is the memberships of all unions would make our grandfathers cry and curse them for not standing up to the brutal assaults they freely accept today.

Yes, I agree with you and said the same things as another name on here and was blasted for it. But what you can't take away is the fact that Teddy is a rare breed these days being a true leader who fought a losing battle dealing with a membership who have no heart, with members throwing each other under the bus to save their own selves when it reality they were next because seniority only goes so far. Yes Jerry Glass won with the big help of bankruptcy and a broken will of union memberships across the board, but he never succeeded in breaking one union leader's sprit because he himself has a weaker sprit than what he was up against.

With the airline unions falling, IMO, marks one of the last trenches that corporate America defeated making union membership just another entity to throw away good money. I left U and doubled my benefits, tripled my security with better wages and most of all gained precious sanity. I don't care if I ever pay union dues again because there are just not enough people like Teddy out there to make it worthwhile in today’s world.

Latest posts

Back