Transition Agreement, Addington litigation and arbitrations, and their possible effects on a US Airw

I thought the last offer from Management was $40 million in improvements for the FAs? I don't recall the total FA population but I was thinking it was around 12,000 so that's not the "almost no pay increase" you mention. Plus, they all got spiffy new uniforms as part of the merger. What was that worth, another $5-6 million perhaps? Me too is fine if there was even the slightest hope that the east pilots would come to their senses and get to a JCBA, but that is about as likely as BHO offering a 2012 budget with the $1.3 trillion in annual spending cuts required to balance the budget. Not going to happen.

Most of that raise goes West, as the West F/A's are paid much less than East. It is the opposite of the pilot siuaition. In order for the larger East F/A group to get even a paltry raise they are being asked to modify scope, scheduling and other major changes.

One thing about going through Chapter 11 is that after making an industry leading wage and adjusting your lifestyle, you realize how valuable those other sections of the contract are. Scheduling, Scope, and our disability vs the company proposal (pilots) are extremely valuable.

We will never make what we used to but we can keep what we have left of our contracts. I don't see either the Pilots of F/A's voting these away for the type of money and work rule package Doug has on the table. It would take a lot more dough for that.

What do you think I am dreaming about? I made the statement that it is usapa's fault that the F/A's don't have a contract because they have been waiting around for their me too clause. They are not going to wait any longer. It is a simple fix. They negotiate their own work rules. If they want scope protection they can negotiate it themselves.

usapa is years from a contract and the F/A's are not going to wait years for usapa to pull their head out of their ass. Once they get their contract they will fly with crews from the other bases. That means east F/A's with west pilots.

I don't understand that logic...."I made the statement that it's USAPA's fault that the F/A's don't have a contract because they have been waiting around for their me too clause." Stop and think about that for a minute.

The F/A's a waiting for their mee-too clause.... I don't know what they are waiting for, they already have it! They just don't want to give it up. Most of the pay increase goes West, because West F/A's are paid lower. East F/A's have pilot duty rigs and bidding and the bid sheet. They don't want to give it up. How is that USAPA's fault?

They can have the contract offer tomorrow, but they don't want it. West F/A's want it because they don't have to give up anythng and they get a raise. The small raise the East F/A's would get will not make up for gutting scope, loss of the me-too clause and the imposition of PBS.

I really don't see how this is USAPA's fault. USAPA, particularly under this leadership, has it faults but holding up the F/A contract, which they don't negotiate or vote on, is not one of them. If that logic prevails USAPA is to blame for the national budiget deficit, and the Wall Street mess and the latest Iranian plott to kill that Saudi guy in the US.

Dang that Cleary already.......

Most of that raise goes West, as the West F/A's are paid much less than East. It is the opposite of the pilot siuaition. In order for the larger East F/A group to get even a paltry raise they are being asked to modify scope, scheduling and other major changes.

One thing about going through Chapter 11 is that after making an industry leading wage and adjusting your lifestyle, you realize how valuable those other sections of the contract are. Scheduling, Scope, and our disability vs the company proposal (pilots) are extremely valuable.

We will never make what we used to but we can keep what we have left of our contracts. I don't see either the Pilots of F/A's voting these away for the type of money and work rule package Doug has on the table. It would take a lot more dough for that.
In other words ignore all the bluster. The FAs (east) will turn down seven or more years worth of wage improvements in order to stay right where they are. Groupthink has hammered east flight crews for years who have no one to blame but themselves for living in the status quo.

I don't understand that logic...."I made the statement that it's USAPA's fault that the F/A's don't have a contract because they have been waiting around for their me too clause." Stop and think about that for a minute.

When was the last time the US FA's settled a contract before the pilots. Ya think they might want to see what they're signing up for with that "me too" clause before they pop the champagne and celebrate keeping it?

Jim

Seems the intel at the other airlines is the arbitrator is going to take a big dump on the western Franke Air management pay scale. Has Move2Clt made adjustments to prepare to be the lowest paid in the industry again? The western karma is not good. They will resume their rightful position in the industry. After all, it was Franke Air and the loyal disciples that unleashed the low pay and retirement theft on the industry. It is time it went full circle.
So now you get your intel about are arbitration a from other airlines?

Fling some more poo Clapollo. :lol:

Latest posts