Trip Report - PHL-MSP R/T

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
The view from coach was rather interesting. Trip was essentially uneventful with the following observations.

1. Boarding: Normal chaos in PHL & MSP. I'm beginning to think our friends over at Spirit have the right idea incharging for carry ons as one thing I noticed is that less than 25% of the bags in the overhead would have marginally fit in the bag sizer.

Check-in: still a royal cluster. Wouldn't allow me to check in on line and pay for my checked bag. An annoyance to be sure. US IT has been a real PITA since Tempe took over and I see little if any improvement personally.

Pet Peeve: we leave MSP with an on time departure and arrive at 941EDT a full 39 minutes ahead of out scheduled 10:20 arrival. So don't we sit for the entire 39 minutes waiting for a gate. You say, "Jesus Bob what's the big deal". There really isn't one except for the fact that as we deplaned I overheard non stop grumbling about it. Customer perception is everything.

Sure it's nice that the employees get the on time bonus, but it's flights like these that make me wonder if Isom is "Playing with Numbers" via the oft debated "padding".

Baggage: Baggage was on the belt in under 20 minutes and tha't pretty good.

So IT & my Pet Peeve noted, all in all an acceptable experience, which I think is what US desires to deliver. If theier goalis be consistantly mediocre on amenities and customer service then they accomplished their goal on this trip