Trip trades east vs west systems

l8rd8r

Senior
Oct 21, 2005
Want to check if this information is correct. Can a PHX based f/a pick up or trade trips with LAS via the ETB or open trip system (ail at east)? If this is true would'nt it allow us to remain in our base and adjust our schedule to start a trip anywhere?

If true does anyone know what system we will use? At East we can not do this. Thanks

Being PHX based, I and others regularly DPU trips and work one with a beaning or tail end dead head segment to and from PHX.

I commute from the north west, and it is so much easier to work a trip that therefore originates in LAS than PHX. Such dh legs we are not required to travel on, and we keep the credit for the dh. It helps the credit of the trip.

It is rare for a FA trip to originate in LAS with out a PHX dead head. I has happened in the past, but they are rare.

(Also, this was discussed somewhat in the recent past over on http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/...ight_Attendants )

There are no LAS trips.
LAS FAs are reserve only and used to cover irreg ops.
They are allowed to p/u PHX trips from personals or open-time on their days off, but are responsible for commuting in and out of PHX to work them.

WN has the most flexibility of any airline w/the ability to p/u trips from any of their many domiciles, and I hope we look at that.
A friend of mine who lives in PHX, often bids the BWI base for more attractive trading trips and better days off, then gives them all away and picks up what she wants from PHX.
WN FAs can also transfer bases frequently.

There are no LAS trips.
They are allowed to p/u PHX trips from personals or open-time on their days off, but are responsible for commuting in and out of PHX to work them.

WN has the most flexibility of any airline w/the ability to p/u trips from any of their many domiciles, and I hope we look at that.
A friend of mine who lives in PHX, often bids the BWI base for more attractive trading trips and better days off, then gives them all away and picks up what she wants from PHX.
WN FAs can also transfer bases frequently.

Thanks for explaining this. I do also hope they look at WN and open domicile trades what a great system.

There are no LAS trips.

I actually hope we don't. If someone wants to do International trips (per say) then they need to "suffer" by being based in Philly like the rest of us.

If they go that route, it should be placed on the board for a number of days for that base to bid them first. If no one in that particular base wants it after those set days (say about 5-10) then it could be picked up by another base.

I actually hope we don't. If someone wants to do International trips (per say) then they need to "suffer" by being based in Philly like the rest of us.

If they go that route, it should be placed on the board for a number of days for that base to bid them first. If no one in that particular base wants it after those set days (say about 5-10) then it could be picked up by another base.

I agree. Southwest has this system, but I heard some of their flight attendants don't like it.
I have a friend who is very senior in BWI but very junior in phoenix. He holds the best trips in BWI, but he drops them all and picks up trips in Phoenix because he lives here. Their flight attendants don't like this (except commuters) because they take trips from their inventory and the only ones that benefits are seniors.

If the company allows this, then they should only be for personal trip trades not company trips.

West doesn't really have a base in LAS with blocks, just reserves. What you may have heard about was in the midatlantic division F/As could pick up out of base trips. In other words say you were a philly blockholder but you lived in pit but werent senior enough to be based there... you could drop your philly trips and pick up pit ones instead. Or if you saw a dca trip that was more commutable than your phl trip or whatever. It was great for commuters and very flexible.

Back