Tulsa's AMT's can make things better

Yes I am aware of this. Thanks for making it cleat to the Users here. However why should conservative members be forced to fund a political party not of their choosing?

Your TWU union dues are not forcing you to fund a political party of not your choosing? You would have to volunteer to donate money through COPE. COPE then spends money on the canidate that will represent Labor the best whether Republican or Democrat. Agreed it is mostly Democrats and that is because they are more labor friendly.

Your TWU union dues are not forcing you to fund a political party of not your choosing? You would have to volunteer to donate money through COPE. COPE then spends money on the canidate that will represent Labor the best whether Republican or Democrat. Agreed it is mostly Democrats and that is because they are more labor friendly.

This has to be one of biggest lies propogated by organized labor.
There is no way union members "donate" the millions wasted on unsuccesful political spending.

The per capita dues to the National and State AFL-CIO's, and the per capita dues to the State and Local Labor Councils are monies directly from the dues payers paycheck and are indeed spent on politics and candidates. Just think of these organizations as the laundry machines to skirt the law. But whatever you do, stop telling and/or believing this lie.

Campaign Financing does more harm than good.

This has to be one of biggest lies propogated by organized labor.
There is no way union members "donate" the millions wasted on unsuccesful political spending.

The per capita dues to the National and State AFL-CIO's, and the per capita dues to the State and Local Labor Councils are monies directly from the dues payers paycheck and are indeed spent on politics and candidates. Just think of these organizations as the laundry machines to skirt the law. But whatever you do, stop telling and/or believing this lie.

Campaign Financing does more harm than good.

Cope is what it is. Your TWU dues monies does not go for electing politicians. You fill out Cope card, decide what your willing to give monthly and that is the monies that funds the political drives. To my knowledge nothing else. No lies here.

Tulsa AMTs have a few years - those who remain employed at AA anyway, to plan for relocation to Texas. Embrace the Horns, and leave the chiggers behind. Seriously, when the 757/767 fleet is gone, all airframe overhaul work being done in house, will be done at DWH. We will welcome you to Texas of course and you will indeed "make a difference"
I have a plan for that and am praying that my destination will be DFW and not JFK, LGA or LAX. But since I am the father of an OSU graduate and have another going to graduate school at OSU, and since I have paid thousands of dollars for my kids to go to school there, I am and always will bleed orange. But I also believe we can co-exist by hating on OU! haha. Seriously though, you may be right about O/H done at DWH and Tulsa being a memory. I hope that is not the case, but it is certainly possible considering that our upper management and our union hates licensed AMTs with a passion and would like to be rid of all of us.

Cope is what it is. Your TWU dues monies does not go for electing politicians. You fill out Cope card, decide what your willing to give monthly and that is the monies that funds the political drives. To my knowledge nothing else. No lies here.

Again, follow the path of per capita dues money to the National and State AFL-CIO's, and the State and County Labor Councils.

Then come and tell us that Union Dues money is NOT used for electing politicians.

Your TWU dues money does go into electing politicians via the laundry machine.
You do lie. Go get your facts straight.

It is illegal to donate dues money to a candidate or a party, even from the AFL-CIO and state councils.

LMRDA.

It can be used as soft money for political education or GOTV drives.

The problem with the unions buying politicians, is that the politicians will not stay bought long enough to do the unions any good.

It is illegal to donate dues money to a candidate or a party, even from the AFL-CIO and state councils.

LMRDA.

It can be used as soft money for political education or GOTV drives.

The next time a union official tries to tell you that they don't spend dues dollars on politics, ask the to see their "Beck statement." They are required to provide all non member fee payers with a audited financial statement showing a categorical breakdown of their expenditures and how much of each category is for the actual cost of representation and how much is for other purposes. That's a legal requirement.

Don't let them tell you that they have never heard of a "Beck statement." If you will buy that line, or the one about not using dues dollars for politics, we have a nice bridge we'd like to sell you.

Only an ignorant FOOL would be the MILLIONS spent on political candidates and democrats are all vonluntary.

Keep spewing that crap. You cannot prove it.

Even the Local buying over priced "Diner Plates" at a fund raising gathering is coming from my dues. And you claim that money goes where?

The statement you refer to is the LM2, it costs out every single penny a union spends and it is available online from the DOL.

I was at a local that would have a yearly audit because of the dues objectors wanting to make sure what we spent, and they would audit the district and the international.

http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do

The statement you refer to is the LM2, it costs out every single penny a union spends and it is available online from the DOL.

I was at a local that would have a yearly audit because of the dues objectors wanting to make sure what we spent, and they would audit the district and the international.

Oh I forgot, the unchallenged LM2 audit is honest, upfront, and truthful. Forgive my ignorance.

Just look at the Beck decision and Miller vs ALPA for guidance on your BS

I was the RS of my local, I lived the yearly audits by the DOL and independent accounting firms, did you?

I have read Beck, I have also read Machinists vs Whirpool, as the RS I was directly involved in the audits.

But hey you know it all, from behind your welder's mask, dont you?

I was the RS of my local, I lived the yearly audits by the DOL and independent accounting firms, did you?

I have read Beck, I have also read Machinists vs Whirpool, as the RS I was directly involved in the audits.

But hey you know it all, from behind your welder's mask, dont you?
700: tread carefully,you are not the only person that has had exposure to this issue. I asked for information about the political use of dues and received a couple of good answers. However it is Infomer that I believe is correct. I was around at the time. Now the IBT and IAM have been exposed on this issue.

I have no reason to tread carefully, go read the LMDRA, its quite clear that dues money cannot be given to candidates or parties.

That is why unions have a PAC.

In the new LM2s the breakdown of any political activity is removed from what is germane and excluded in the calculations of the reduced dues for objectors.

I have no reason to tread carefully, go read the LMDRA, its quite clear that dues money cannot be given to candidates or parties.

That is why unions have a PAC.

In the new LM2s the breakdown of any political activity is removed from what is germane and excluded in the calculations of the reduced dues for objectors.
Fine, but you're a smart guy, you know very well that "donations" from workers dues find their way into the political system

Carey, 64, who took charge of the union as a reform candidate pledging to clean up its long history of corruption, won re-election in December 1996 by narrowly defeating James P. Hoffa, the son of legendary Teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa who disappeared in 1976, the apparent victim of an underworld hit.
In the wake of the fundraising scandal, government-appointed election monitors invalidated the Carey victory, ordered a new election and barred Carey from running again.
The union subsequently expelled Carey, a member for 40 years since his first job as a UPS truck driver in Queens.
Hoffa beat two other candidates in the December 1998 vote and assumed leadership of the union on May 1, 1999.
In the illegal fundraising scheme, Carey's '96 campaign received several hundred thousand dollars in tainted funds. In a classic kickback scheme, several liberal groups received large donations from the Teamsters treasury totally $885,000, and those groups in turn made or arranged for reciprocal contributions to the Carey campaign.
Carey's former campaign manager, Jere Nash, and a political consultant, Martin Davis, pleaded guilty to charges stemming from the scheme in September 1997. Carey has said he was not aware of the scheme, which included a single donation of $475,000 to Citizen Action, one of the Teamsters' largest political contributions. "I have done nothing wrong," Carey told reporters November 17, 1997, when he was disqualified from the re-vote. He later told the union's Independent Review Board he had no memory of diverting funds to political groups.
Carey was the first Teamster president in the union's history to be directly elected by the union's rank and file. The secret ballot in the U.S.-government supervised election in 1991 came after a 1989 agreement between the union and the Justice Department, a "consent decree" whereby the union promised to end its mob ties and the government agreed to drop pending racketeering charges.
In a statement reacting to the charges, Carey attorney Mark Hulkower said: "Mr. Carey is not guilty of these charges, and we will vigorously defend him." Carey's arraignment in U.S. District Court is scheduled for February 1.CNN Justice Department Producer Terry Frieden contributed to this report