Tulsa's AMT's can make things better

Back during the last AMFA drive in Tulsa the TWU Lying 514, ur I mean local 514 convinced a bunch of the 74%ers that AMFA only took care of A and P Line Mechanics and would not represent overhaul. I've tried to get cards signed at Composite Repair Center but alot don't have A and Ps and refuse to sign a card.

AMFA will represent all mechanics the same. Rather you are line or O/H or a shop mechanic. It doesn't matter to AMFA. All mechanics are treated equally here at SWA with AMFA. If any of you have questions call AMFA National...

Reactions: 3 people
LMAO no one is worried about AMFA & you know it.
that was funny though.

Guess what my freind? No-body from the teamsters and the ibt was worried about AMFA at SWA. @ weeks later they were overwhelmingly shown the door. If the TWU isn't worried about AMFA, then why the welcome wagon for the teamsters from the TWU? Explain that one cheif... Laugh your a$$ all the way to a certified AMFA representation at AA.

Reactions: 1 person
AMFA will represent all mechanics the same. Rather you are line or O/H or a shop mechanic. It doesn't matter to AMFA. All mechanics are treated equally here at SWA with AMFA. If any of you have questions call AMFA National...

AMFA has historically favored Line AMTs over all other employee groups. They're low key now because of the NWA disaster, and raid on AA with its large number of Ovhl AMTs. Save your BS for Ovhl AMTs that don't know any better.

AMFA has historically favored Line AMTs over all other employee groups. They're low key now because of the NWA disaster, and raid on AA with its large number of Ovhl AMTs. Save your BS for Ovhl AMTs that don't know any better.
I'm still trying to find out who the twu favors, obviously its not their members! Jackwagon

At NorthWest AMFA had a 28% Outsource Limit, which is 7% better than the 35% that TWU just did to Tulsa.
And that is a FACT! And it was also Maintenance Spend. And NWA bought new Aircraft just like AA is bringing and the overhaul employment numbers were decimated.

If you know so much about what happened at NWA with AMFA then why did you just vote yes on a 7% outsource language that is even worse than what happened there? Talk about saving BS for someone.....

You must think we are all stupid or something.

Reactions: 2 people
At NorthWest AMFA had a 28% Outsource Limit, which is 7% better than the 35% that TWU just did to Tulsa.
And that is a FACT! And it was also Maintenance Spend. And NWA bought new Aircraft just like AA is bringing and the overhaul employment numbers were decimated.

If you know so much about what happened at NWA with AMFA then why did you just vote yes on a 7% outsource language that is even worse than what happened there? Talk about saving BS for someone.....

There is no 35% limit at AA with the new contract. One little 2 letter word changes all and gives AA a blank check for outsourcing.

The word is: OR and the language that follows it found on page 21 [ Items 2 and 3 of the TA just voted in.]

The 35% number was just more misleading info put out by the TWU leadership to get some more yes votes.The word OR changes everything following the 35% clause.

You TWU pukes just won't give up will you...
The Northwest mechs in MSP, ATL maint bases had no issues voting in AMFA and drop kicking the IAM.(which was long over due as well) The "disaster" as you put it, was only successful because of NWAs massive planning, expensive scab hiring scheme-which the IAM was more than willing to asssist with. (IAMs DePaces' bone to pick w AMFA, you understand...)

At this juncture, the AA line & AFW/TULE mechs don't have much to lose. It just can't get any worse than whats been served up buy the TWU & AA. I've said before, I'll say again...........AA WILL get there maintenance budget competitive with the industry, one way or another. They just happen to have a willing accomplice.......TWU. Concessions for jobs! Sadly, many TULE mechs will find this out soon. Glad I'm gone from that #### hole...

Reactions: 4 people
All you AMFA haters are still trying to use the NWA fiascoe as your ONLY deterant for voting in AMFA. AMFA has (along time ago) already admitted that they did not operate the NWA fiascoe as a winner. They have admitted to such fault and moved on. Has any other union done this after a loss of any such sort of an election for union representation, OR a huge loss to a strike or otherwise? No they have not. The one thing all the NWA guys can in fact say is, "they took one for the industry" yes they did. Can any other airline say the same within recent years? No they cannot. Can the AA mechanics say they just took one for the industry? Nope. But the AA pilots will be able to do so. And I would be willing to bet that the F/A's will do the same. Yes AMFA srewed up at NWA, they have learned their lesson and have improved from such fiascoe. AMFA waited way too long to strike at NWA. While NWA was training mechs (scabs) they should have walked then. But let us all NOT FORGET, it was in fact the NWA/AMFA contract that got the industry going to the top as far as pay and bennies for the airlines as we see them today. DO NOT FORGET GENTLEMEN. Their sacrifices were for the industry, unlike what just took place over at AA.

Reactions: 3 people
At NorthWest AMFA had a 28% Outsource Limit, which is 7% better than the 35% that TWU just did to Tulsa. And that is a FACT! And it was also Maintenance Spend. And NWA bought new Aircraft just like AA is bringing and the overhaul employment numbers were decimated.

How is that NWA - AMFA 28% outsourcing limit working for you?

You really don't want me to answer that do you?

All you AMFA haters are still trying to use the NWA fiascoe as your ONLY deterant for voting in AMFA. AMFA has (along time ago) already admitted that they did not operate the NWA fiascoe as a winner. They have admitted to such fault and moved on. Has any other union done this after a loss of any such sort of an election for union representation, OR a huge loss to a strike or otherwise? No they have not. The one thing all the NWA guys can in fact say is, "they took one for the industry" yes they did. Can any other airline say the same within recent years? No they cannot. Can the AA mechanics say they just took one for the industry? Nope. But the AA pilots will be able to do so. And I would be willing to bet that the F/A's will do the same. Yes AMFA srewed up at NWA, they have learned their lesson and have improved from such fiascoe. AMFA waited way too long to strike at NWA. While NWA was training mechs (scabs) they should have walked then. But let us all NOT FORGET, it was in fact the NWA/AMFA contract that got the industry going to the top as far as pay and bennies for the airlines as we see them today. DO NOT FORGET GENTLEMEN. Their sacrifices were for the industry, unlike what just took place over at AA.

I'm not an amfa hater but find the IBT to be a much better choice. If it comes down to a vote without the IBT on the ballot then ABT rules!
ABT= Anybody but TWU

swamt, I agree with most of the things you say, I know you are here to help us and I have nothing against amfa but when you say and I quote

"The one thing all the NWA guys can in fact say is, "they took one for the industry" yes they did."

What do you mean there? It looks to me they showed a weakness that for the benifit of all union workers would have been better off hidden.

Yes we all know they lost because they had no support from other unions but they should have known that going in right?

For you Tulsa AMT's......Sounds like your line brothers want you to get on board with AMFA? Do your homework if it comes to a vote... Southwest Airlines 700+ aircraft and approx 2000-2500 ATM's. I believe they run 4 "C" Check lines... Alaska Airlines...No heavy Check done in house... All AMT's are Line Maint... United Airline....Those AMT's stopped the purge.. AMFA is no utopia for AMT's. Mr. swamt I have a Question for you. Are you an AMFA National Officer?

swamt, I agree with most of the things you say, I know you are here to help us and I have nothing against amfa but when you say and I quote

"The one thing all the NWA guys can in fact say is, "they took one for the industry" yes they did."

What do you mean there? It looks to me they showed a weakness that for the benifit of all union workers would have been better off hidden.

Yes we all know they lost because they had no support from other unions but they should have known that going in right?

Reclineaholic, the Northwest mechanic & related "took one for the industry", largely because Doug Steenland, then CEO of NWA Corp was hell bent on gutting the maintenance headcount by about half. They'd had enough of his attitudes, threats & rhetoric that they VOTED to go out. Something you'll NEVER see at AA.
Those guys(and I know many from being there pre-strike)don't regret standing up to NWA mgt at all. In short, they had the intestinal fortitude to say "enough is enough". There comes a time when you have stand tall and show a company you're not bluffing. You know.................something the AA mechs should've done. But that's another thread I guess.

They admit they could've done some things better. But also remember AMFA hasn't had decades to stock pile millions upon millions of MEMBERS dues dollars for there so called "war chest", as the chest thumping TWU, IAM & IBT quartet love to crow about-but will never use. Those boys can hold there heads high as far as I'm concerned. And if I'd been there when it all went down....I'd stand shoulder to shoulder with them. The honorable!

Latest posts