Two Hour Meal Window Is Back

I hope the new AA will not be a US clone. Its been years since I have flown AA due to moving to an area where AA did not offer service. When I did fly AA, I could see a clear line of distinction when compared to US. As was mentioned, the charging for water was a no class decision and I hear that the award ticket processing fee will go away.
Management, please lose the US mind set, now you are playing with the big boys

Reactions: 3 people
eolesen said:
Yep, but in DFW, ORD, and anywhere else in the flyover states, they pretty much roll up the sidewalks at 9pm.I was on a business trip to ATL earlier this year, and couldn't find a single restaurant still open in the airport when I landed at 9pm. By the time I got to the hotel across from DL's HDQ, the only 24 hour options were Waffle House or Dominos (delivered). The drive thru at McDonalds was open, but doesn't take walk-up orders after the lobby closed at 10pm.
Was just there a couple of weeks ago. Malones or Spondivits would have been a good option. Love Spondivits. been going there since the 80's...I digress.

dash8roa said:
I hope the new AA will not be a US clone. Its been years since I have flown AA due to moving to an area where AA did not offer service. When I did fly AA, I could see a clear line of distinction when compared to US. As was mentioned, the charging for water was a no class decision and I hear that the award ticket processing fee will go away.
Management, please lose the US mind set, now you are playing with the big boys
"Wish in one hand, s*** in the other. See which one gets filled first."

It's already happening!

Yep, but in DFW, ORD, and anywhere else in the flyover states, they pretty much roll up the sidewalks at 9pm.

I was on a business trip to ATL earlier this year, and couldn't find a single restaurant still open in the airport when I landed at 9pm. By the time I got to the hotel across from DL's HDQ, the only 24 hour options were Waffle House or Dominos (delivered). The drive thru at McDonalds was open, but doesn't take walk-up orders after the lobby closed at 10pm.
I'm sorry but that is simply factually incorrect.

here is a list of the restaurants inside ATL with their hours. Nearly the entire list is open at least until 10 pm and many until 11.

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/concessions/

and there are several sit down restaurants - not just fast food - that are open until 10 or later within blocks of DL's HDQ.

and, yes, Malones and Spondivits are ATL traditions. There is also a fairly new chain bar and grill restaurant (TGIF?) within blocks. There are also 5 TGIFs inside the airport. Spondivits is open to at least 3 a.m. every day.

It wouldn't be too hard to find the same long list within and near ORD and DFW.

I had an amazing Valentine's night meal at Spondivits with my then-partner while he was in DL initial training. Sad memories :'(

Latest posts