Two Planes Collide at CLT

b-7 and b-9 with a widebody on 9 and 757 with winglets on 7 has been an accident waiting to happen......

well I guess it did.... not to mention both pushing simultaneously . there couldn't be more than 2 or 3 feet seperation

from the wings. I hope management takes a hard look at this and considers some gate restrictions.......
I had that exact situation on those gates last weekend no way should those two aircraft be on those gates at the same time

sounds like Mr Safety guy Tony D,

needs to put some pressure on management about parking those types together on the same gates..

guess we'll see HOW effective the New Safety committee is in clt...

Hey Dog
Redeye was just making an observation about the "hole" or "alley"(as some call it) between the concourses. It does look like an Olympic event and you have to have a lot of trust in the people pushing back aircraft in the hole. It can get really tight.

Redeye: Most incidents I've seen or heard of are complicated. Usually
a bunch of things have to go wrong to set up an incident. Rarely
is it the case that one person is responsible due to negligence.

The ramp sometimes looks tame but it really is a wierd environment.
Last year something like 90 people world wide were killed on the ramp.
I just went to a PHX safety class. I was very impressed. They're never
going to figure out how to make the ramp 100% safe but I feel
like they're doing a pretty good job.

I hope all concerned get fair treatment..BF
Nope they will not get fair treatment. I know!! Hope their union is better than ours is in res. My union rep actually put the idea in their mind to give me back my job but at lower pay. As for suspending the one employee--watch out--once suspended you're out the door==start looking for a job now. Good luck to everyone.

It is no wonder that CLT does not have more accidents. B & C concourses
join in somewhat of a U shape. Scheduling has the majority of the flights
in "the hole" as we call it push within minutes of each other. 6 to 8 aircraft
will push at the same time. From the towers vantage it can look like an
Olympic synchronized event. Im sure there have been many flight crews
who have puckered their backsides as witnesses.

Thanks
I do agree with you on the notion of CLT looking like a "syncronized event" on multiple pushbacks.....which is a tribute to the great job they do on a DAILY basis. Recently, while walking on the connecting sidewalk between B & C concourses, there was an A320 coming off of B2 that literally looked like it was backing right into the glass wall overlooking the ramp. It was a beautiful Sunny day but really caught many of the people OFF GUARD to see the aircraft so close. The "Swoosh" did look impressive though.....even EMBRA might have gasped :lol:

Having pushed planes off all the gates at CLT, b2, b4, c3 and c5 are accidents waiting to happen since they wont let you spin the plane around in the alley anymore and have to pust it towards the bagroom.

And b7 and b9 have lost of taxing traffic behind them always at push time and especiall if planes are pushing off of A-Con at the same time.

Having pushed planes off all the gates at CLT, b2, b4, c3 and c5 are accidents waiting to happen since they wont let you spin the plane around in the alley anymore and have to pust it towards the bagroom.

And b7 and b9 have lost of taxing traffic behind them always at push time and especiall if planes are pushing off of A-Con at the same time.
You must get a great sence of pride knowing that you are omniscient. Once again I will state a few important facts.

YOU do not work for US anymore and YOU have not done so for a number of years. Having stated that fact readers need to be aware that YOU have no idea what kind of restriction may or may not be placed upon us.

Stating that YOU have pushed aircraft off all the gates in CLT is pure arrogance. There is no way that YOU could have done so.

I have been on the ramp in CLT for over 20 years and cannot recall there ever having been an accident while pushing aircraft off of B-2, B-4, C-3 and C-5. Saying that these gates are an accident waiting to happen is an insult to the skill of the fleet service agents working these gates.

We "spin" aircraft on almost a daily basis to accommodate aircraft being pushed off of other gates.

Gates B-7 and B-9 very rarely have any traffic behind them and even if they do the tarmac is wide enough to accommodate everyone.

The final fact that proves YOU have no idea what you are saying is that A-concourse is far enough away from B-7 and B-9 to cause no interference what so ever.

Don't let the facts get in your way!!!

Latest posts