Twu Ad - Aa Gets Hit Again

Personally, I will draw the line at being laid off. Even Rats can have ethical families. Later

And what is it that you consider I did to "step across the line?"

That fine line of putting on the tie.

You may think less of me for standing my ground and staying loyal to my local

Being loyal to your local is fine. But you are going to eventually find that no matter how loyal you are that this union is ran from the top down. That it is ran from the TWU International back to the local without the direct consideration of the membership.

Does standing your ground have to be in the form of threatening fellow employees? I caution you that the Rule 32 I speak of is very broad. You can find yourself in trouble for actions on or off of the property. And while you are showing your tough guy position do not touch anyone. I ask that you familiarize yourself with the rights of these organizers under the Railway Labor Act.

410OhOne...you have proven yourself to be a follower again...but we already knew that.

Buck...my role through life is just that...mine. I do not require approval from you or others...that's the cool thing about backbone..it comes with extras. And maybe you have read and misunderstood somethging I posted earlier...you spoke of threats...I do not believe in threats...why give warning?

AMFA can use every right they want as far as I care...just be legal when doing so is all I'm saying...make sure you read the rules and abide accordingly.

Steve Connell said:
410OhOne...you have proven yourself to be a follower again...but we already knew that.
Follower? Ok sounds good. I believe I am following the right path though. Are you Steve?

Again, just three good reasons to continue with the TWU. That is all I ask. Here are three reasons not to. To help you get started.

1. Industrial Unions should not and can not fairly represent a skilled craft.

2. Concessions in 2003 (Don't give me that BK BS)

3. Members Rights to be heard not dictated to.

Steve Connell said:
Follower, HA HA HA HA, that just cost you another 20 cards. When Steve talks mechanics sign cards. Keep talking Steve, I bring all your posts in for the folks to read. MCI will be 60% thanks to you.
Nothing like having a moron as the official twu spokemen for MCI and strictly the "TWU" spokemen, not "TWA" spokemen. There is a lot of support up here for AMFA but with the likes of Steve running to management everyday, it makes for a difficult job getting the cards signed. Under the old "TWA/iam" rules, we couldn't pass out cards on the base or wear shirts. Thanks to you AAers getting the rules of engagement set in advance, the mechanics are slowly beginning to realize that it is okay to organize on breaks and lunches and off-shift. The numbers should start jumping here over the next month and ole Steve will be whining even more. :up:

AMFAMAN said:
Steve Connell said:
Follower, HA HA HA HA, that just cost you another 20 cards. When Steve talks mechanics sign cards. Keep talking Steve, I bring all your posts in for the folks to read. MCI will be 60% thanks to you.
I believe I will sign my card tonight. Steve, do you want to be there when I do it? You and I can sign together.

Bay 8 Midnights

Gee, why don't you guys go out behind the jungle jim where there's no grass and settle this once and for all. Or, at least learn how to email each other directly. I'm going to tell your mothers to send you to bed without your supper.

For shame! If Steve Connel was a member of the Raccoon Lodge he would have been thrown out a long time ago. Even us Raccoons don't associate with
COMPANY RAT BUTT BOYS!
:down:

jimntx said:
Gee, why don't you guys go out behind the jungle jim where there's no grass and settle this once and for all. Or, at least learn how to email each other directly. I'm going to tell your mothers to send you to bed without your supper.
There are other boards. Or is this the hush, hush method practiced by the TWU?

410OhOne said:
Again, just three good reasons to continue with the TWU. That is all I ask. Here are three reasons not to. To help you get started.

3. Members Rights to be heard not dictated to.

3. Members Rights to be heard not dictated to

410ohone

Im not Steve, but I will try to respond to your 3 questions, in my opinion, I know now Im opened to hear and receive hateful remarks and name calling, but I let you and others report without namecalling.

Industrial Unions should not and can not fairly represnet a skilled craft? My question to you, who are the skilled craft? only airline mechanics? do you consider the machinists? welders? plant maintenace workers? plumbers? I know your answer, but dont you consider any worker skilled? Fleet service and stores are very skilled and crafted. and by the way, Im an AMT, always have been, but howmany of the "skilled craft" got their start in the lower classification and moved up?

Concessions in 2003..........I wont give you any BS.........you as I and everyone received a ballot and voted to give or not to give concessions, I didnt vote to give up anything, but yet it passed. I would rather have our international come to us and tell us that the company wants to negotiate, rather than go behind our back and give away without our consent. The concessions passed, no one is happy about it

MEMBERS RIGHTS TO BE HEARD AND NOT DICTATED TO............... AMFA has the process of recalling any officer, by vote, we also have that right, did you sigh the petition recently to oust the entire E BOARD? all that is required is 50% plus 1? We have that right, if any of us in our local is upset about any member of the E BOARD to start a petition, I know what your going to say, Its just as easy to do this within our local as it is to say........Recall Delle? It can be done, but more realistically, we can oust an E BOARD member

I know by stating this, I can already hear the gasps.. but here goes, How many AMFA supporters have been laid off, not in the last year but in their lifetime, and had any AFL-CIO represented union, lobby local, state or Federal government for aid? Aid to pay training to learn a new profession? Aid to raise the lenght and value of the state un employment wages? How many times did the unions save, help the TWA WORKFORCE either state, city or federal? How many union members have been hospitalized and unable to stay current with bill paying? The unions come thru for all of us. How many lobbyest have helped all union members benefit, just once?
I for one, am not ready of willing to give away what my dad, my grandfathers fought so hard for all of us, so we could all have a safe place to work, with benefits and wages to raise a family and send our kids to college

Steve Connell said:

Buck...my role through life is just that...mine. I do not require approval from you or others...that's the cool thing about backbone..it comes with extras. And maybe you have read and misunderstood somethging I posted earlier...you spoke of threats...I do not believe in threats...why give warning?

AMFA can use every right they want as far as I care...just be legal when doing so is all I'm saying...make sure you read the rules and abide accordingly.
I am not seeking to give you anything, approval or whatever. Having backbone at AA is a fine line to walk when you are dealing with fellow employees. What I read and did not misunderstand was your invitation of others to meet you face to face. To some this is threatening. See right there, "I do not believe in threats", means you believe in action. To Rule 32 it is a violation. All I am saying is be careful. Since you already know everything I will attempt not to advise you in the future.

RAT BOY is AMFA best allie, I am sure atleast 60% of everything he says gets people to sign cards, he is alot like Kirk Wells in that regard if it were'nt for them being RAT BOYS, we really should thank them for helping the cause, it is really going to be funny when AMFA replaces the TWU what will become of the staunch TWU supporters, they will be nobodys with no cause to fight for, it won't be long after AMFA replaces the TWU that we will forget about the staunch TWU supporters they will be nothing but a faint memory, so ramble while you can boys cause your days are numbered.

Once again this is for you RAT BOY read it and weep. :(

8133 Total Signed Election Authorization Cards by Station and Title Group (From system seniority list dated 02-12-2003):
Updated, Monday September 29, 2003 at 02:24:51 PM. Our goal is to obtain 60% of the Craft and Class of
Mechanic and Related, and at this time, our estimate of that number, with 'elbow room' is approximately 10,000 cards.
Using that number, at this time, we are about 81.3% to our goal, or approximately 50.2% of our Craft and Class. Good job so far, and let's
REDOUBLE our efforts and GET THIS DONE! :up:

MCI AFL-CIO said:
410ohone

Im not Steve, but I will try to respond to your 3 questions, in my opinion, I know now Im opened to hear and receive hateful remarks and name calling, but I let you and others report without namecalling.

Industrial Unions should not and can not fairly represnet a skilled craft? My question to you, who are the skilled craft? only airline mechanics? do you consider the machinists? welders? plant maintenace workers? plumbers? I know your answer, but dont you consider any worker skilled? Fleet service and stores are very skilled and crafted. and by the way, Im an AMT, always have been, but howmany of the "skilled craft" got their start in the lower classification and moved up?

Concessions in 2003..........I wont give you any BS.........you as I and everyone received a ballot and voted to give or not to give concessions, I didnt vote to give up anything, but yet it passed. I would rather have our international come to us and tell us that the company wants to negotiate, rather than go behind our back and give away without our consent. The concessions passed, no one is happy about it

MEMBERS RIGHTS TO BE HEARD AND NOT DICTATED TO............... AMFA has the process of recalling any officer, by vote, we also have that right, did you sigh the petition recently to oust the entire E BOARD?

I know by stating this, I can already hear the gasps.. but here goes, How many AMFA supporters have been laid off, not in the last year but in their lifetime, and had any AFL-CIO represented union, lobby local, state or Federal government for aid? Aid to pay training to learn a new profession? Aid to raise the lenght and value of the state un employment wages? How many times did the unions save, help the TWA WORKFORCE either state, city or federal? How many union members have been hospitalized and unable to stay current with bill paying? The unions come thru for all of us. How many lobbyest have helped all union members benefit, just once?
MCI AFL-CIO,

Thanks for the reply and walking out on a limb for me.

Skilled Craft? You make a very good point, however with responsibility comes compensation. So for sake of argument lets just exchange the word skilled for liable. I think we both agree that a house cannot stand safely without the skilled labor of a plumber, carpenter, bricklayer, etc. but none of the above groups can move into action without the licensed signature of an architect. The architect, certified, tested, and school trained puts his name on the line. Should that carpenter or any other skilled group wish to remain in the building industry, but make the "big bucks" he must attain further certification to become an architect or more liable, responsible person. Now that he has went to school, as you wish your kids to, he has most likely incurred a student loan balance to pay off. If a loaf of bread cost the same for everyone in an industrial union, than the new architect can only by 2/3 of a loaf because 1/3 of his check now has to pay off his new certification. A certification that in todays industrial unions is used as leverage to bring up the wages of the other work groups. You say that many have started at lower classifications and moved up. I believe and hope they did this to provide for their families as you suggest.

Concessions 2003,

Well I will get a little ignorant here if I may. We had no chance in that Iraqi vote. I for one never recieved a ballot. One was never mailed to my home, even if it was I was playing in the sand. I contacted the Co. and local by phone from halfway around the world to try to find out how to vote. No one could help or respond and get it done. Thus I didnt get to vote. I believe I am not the only one who can say that. There are conspiracy theories abound regarding the aftermath and handling of the fight against terrorism since the 9/11 attacks. My question to big business and the Mayor of Chicago who all declare these cutbacks, these sacrificies, the carnage, and destruction of personal lives and property (Meigs Field) all in the name of economic downturn and national security since the attacks is, How much more can you put on the back of 9/11? Wow that was a run on sentence, but the point is made.

Yes I did sign the Eboard petition. Which stall at MCI were they placed in by the International to use as toilet paper, cause you and I both know that is all their worth.

As far as the Federal Aid, lobbying, and such. I will admit to you that this is the kind of insightful information that I am looking for and must consider before signing my card. Does AMFA not have that kind of lobbying effort?

Thanks Again

Steve Connell said:
Tough times? Possibly for you AMFABOY...I haven't faced a bit of confrontation from you or anyone else...why is that? I think we know the answer to that, don't we. You can bad mouth me all you want, that will not change my view of AMFA or it's reps or you. And I have cronies? I will go to management each and every time I find an AMFA organizer going against policy, you have a problem with that? Test the waters....by the way...still twilight...still bay 8...

and Bob..you are a unionist to me...someone that takes an oath to rep his union...then breaks that oath attempting to attain martyr status with his peers...you Bob...are my idea of a unionist....yeah right.
Steve;
I had no intention on becoming a martyr. I represented my members interests. I was never given a choice,my suspension did not come after an ultimatum, it came without warning. It came without warning based on posts on this site without even verifying that I wrote them. If you would like to know all the facts I will give them to you, but my guess is that you do not want to know the facts, you simply repeat whatever you are told and take it as fact because you feel that they "are on my side" and they would not lie to you. For an old man you are very niave. You are living proof that age alone does not bring wisdom, a rock can lie in a field for millions of years and not learn a thing.

You claim that you are a Unionist yet from your posts you appear to be management at heart. If thats what you are fine, just dont go after those of us who truly believe in unionism with your lies and accusations.

Latest posts