TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
Worldport said:
There was a weez in my high school like 5' 9" and could stuff didn't care for him though. On second thought "the weez " "the fonz" maybe it will work
Probably called me "The Weez" because of my smoking addiction.

Hack, cough, weez.

WeAAsles said:
Probably called me "The Weez" because of my smoking addiction.

Hack, cough, weez.
At any rate after all is said and done you wont be getting anything for your birthday .By the time things are settled you may be driving one of those "Jetson" cars

MetalMover said:
The history of the infighting is not so much between workgroups. With us it has been more so between Line and Overhaul. And now I see it between the TWU and the IAM.
Way over exaggerated actually this supposed TWU IAM fued. People want to think its a disaster between the two sides. It couldn't be further from reality. Squabbles yes. War no.

Worldport said:
At any rate after all is said and done you wont be getting anything for your birthday .By the time things are settled you may be driving one of those "Jetson" cars
Oh c'mon. Don't you do this to me now. End of summer deals are to be had on good autos.

WeAAsles said:
Way over exaggerated actually this supposed TWU IAM fued. People want to think its a disaster between the two sides. It couldn't be further from reality. Squabbles yes. War no.
Crew Chief/Lead seniority  a real hot issue....Also the Tech crew chiefs are union positions at LAA where at US they are management. another hot topic.

MetalMover said:
Crew Chief/Lead seniority  a real hot issue....Also the Tech crew chiefs are union positions at LAA where at US they are management. another hot topic.
Should have been sorted during those six months they were supposed to be sorting things out... yeah thats it

MetalMover said:
They must (hopefully) have settled that by now? Thankfully we don't have that CC seniority issue in Fleet.

WeAAsles said:
They must (hopefully) have settled that by now? Thankfully we don't have that CC seniority issue in Fleet.
My understanding is that issue will be most likely be settled by an arbitrator. I believe it affects your group as well. 

Back