Twu Leads Way For Panam And Zebco.

Jan 26, 2004
Zebco work......100% farm out overseas!!!!!!!!!!!!
twu philosophy prevailed at PanAm..........100% gone!!!!!!!

How could this happen?? twu is AFL-CIO, right?? Strength in numbers, right??
Maybe it was the twu philosophy that did them in.............
Are we next????

AA mechanics and these two work groups have or had the same twu Scope clause. Did our flight attendants have the same?? Is that why they "DUMPED" the twu?? We are just one bad relationship away from the company cleaning house. Without SCOPE and LANGUAGE we will never be able to fight or maintain our profession.

The cancer has been eating away but the AA flight attendants have proved it can be beaten.........

Keep the Faith........VOTE AMFA

Southwest Flight Attendants.............relying on same philosophy.
620 days since their contract became amendable. twu negotiating committee announces "We are still far from an agreement". Is this what we have to look forward to in January 2009 if we stay twu??

The time for change is now!!!!!!!!!
Keep the Faith.........VOTE AMFA

Ozark Airlines 1966
Hughes Airwest 1971
Southern Airways 1978
Braniff Airlines 1989
Trump Shuttle 1990

What do these Airlines all have in common? Any hints needed? You go on and disgrace Zebco when in fact the TWU did more for these Brothers and Sisters which amfa could only dream about!!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
Ozark Airlines 1966
Hughes Airwest 1971
Southern Airways 1978
Braniff Airlines 1989
Trump Shuttle 1990

What do these Airlines all have in common? Any hints needed? You go on and disgrace Zebco when in fact the TWU did more for these Brothers and Sisters which amfa could only dream about!!!!!!
OZARK---Bought out

Hughs Airwest---Bought out

Southern airways---not sure if bought out or went out of business

Braniff---went out of business as AMFA was at the negotiating table working on a agreement.

Trump Shuttle---Bought out

What do these have in common you ask??

They do not exist as an airline today.
How many other airlines are in the history books?
Anyone care to add to the list?

PanAm
AirCal
Reno
Piedmont
PSA
TWA
Eastern
Western
Laker

So what is the point of your last comment CIO?????

Checking it Out said:
Ozark Airlines 1966
Hughes Airwest 1971
Southern Airways 1978
Braniff Airlines 1989
Trump Shuttle 1990

If this is the kind of help the twu is going to give me, I'll pass.

Will the Southwest FA's dump the twu next?? They could learn a few things from the AA FA's................
With the AGW on the move, the new airline trend will be OUSTING the twu....

twu........Out the door in 04!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
Ozark Airlines 1966
Hughes Airwest 1971
Southern Airways 1978
Braniff Airlines 1989
Trump Shuttle 1990

One thing they had in common is that I have run across mechanics from most of those carriers. They all loved having AMFA and have wanted AMFA ever since. How many ex TWUers talk that way about the TWU? I have yet to meet one.

With the exception of the Zebco lady who was a union rep what has the TWU done for the Zebco workers? Found then another $8/hr job?

I work with a lot of Ex Pan Am workers and they have nothing good to say about the TWU. Not one of them has ever said that the TWU did a "good job". The only Pan Am workers that the TWU took care of were John Kerrigan, Mike Bakala, and the E Board of 504- who are still there over 10 years after Pan Am dissapeared. These guys are being rewarded for convincing Pan Am workers into taking concession after concession thus allowing the TWU to continue collecting dues and the executives of Pan Am to stuff millions of dollars that should have went into the pension funds into their own pockets. These losers are still in charge of our futures. If you were looking to hire someone to manage your career would you hire someone with as lousy of a track record as these guys? "Accept concessions and make sacrifices so you can end up watching your job dissappear anyway". Nice job TWU!

Stop the Bus..I Want Off! said:
Will the Southwest FA's dump the twu next?? They could learn a few things from the AA FA's................
I have spoken to many SWA F/A at some organizing meetings, once this election is done I will put in a few extra hours helping them out. They are in the process of writing a constitution and electing interim officers. They will start collecting cards in the next few weeks. :up: :up: :shock: :shock: :up: :up: :lol: :lol:

AMFAMAN said:
Stop the Bus..I Want Off! said:
I have spoken to many SWA F/A at some organizing meetings, once this election is done I will put in a few extra hours helping them out. They are in the process of writing a constitution and electing interim officers. They will start collecting cards in the next few weeks. :up: :up: :shock: :shock: :up: :up: :lol: :lol:
Looks like the house of cards and deciet are about to come tumbling down for the TWU ATD.

The mechanics are going for AMFA-15,000 members.

Fleetservice and other AA workers to the AGW- 16000 members.

SWA flight attendants-6800 members.

Thats more than half of the TWU ATD and more than a third of the union.

I wonder if they will cut Sonnys pay by a third and Littles by half? Just think they would still be making more than any of us.

Airline workers belong in Airline Unions. What buisness does Sonny Hall have in the Airlines? He never worked a day in this industry.

AMFA and the AGW Now!

By the way what is the name of the SWA Flight Attendants new union?

Bob Owens said:
No name yet, but they do have some very creative ones in the works. :up: :up:

Maybe Team twu will bring the coffin over to the SWA F/A.

AMFAMAN said:
Bob Owens said:
No name yet, but they do have some very creative ones in the works. :up: :up:

Maybe Team twu will bring the coffin over to the SWA F/A.
The SWA officers are pretty good comparatively speaking. At the last Convention they seemed to be shocked by the way Sonny squashed the Democratic reforms that they were supporting such as recall. However it appears that Sonny schmoozed them over by the Cope Convention. One of them said to me "I hear that all those Local 100 guys are Communists". However when Chuck, Mark Hant and myself approached them about trying to coordinate a drive to make democratic reforms at the next Convention they were receptive.

More than likely their drive will mirror the NWA drive where the International will order them to come down on the drive while the officers maintain that the members have the right to choose. They seemed to be very pro-democracy.

You are correct Bob about they wanting true democracy. You have to see some of the ideas for their constitution. They want full internet voting for motions and other pro-member ideas. Notice that no replies from CIO yet means he knows what is coming, less twu members. :bleh:

"Southern airways---not sure if bought out or went out of business..."

FWIW, Southern and North Central merged to become Republic, which of course is now part of Northwest.