IAM Sets the Record Straight about the ibt scope language

There was no slam intended just trying to understand why you are so proud of going through two BKs and then losing the "guts" out of your CBA. I would not be proud of putting thousands out of a job and then "bragging" about it. This kind of attitude worries me. I can only hope that the IAM is not representative of this kind of attitude. :)
You don't get it. It means avoid the negative and boast about the positive. Even if they are both true. There is never a mention about the 1000's of utility workers that have hit the streets nor the amount of mechanics that should be working on the 330's, 767's 757's and 50 % of the 737's. Do you know how many mechanics that adds up to? No, you only hear about what was left over. Was utility work on our aircraft or the other the outsourced heavy maintenance work, or many other items part of the "scope language"?
Oh, that's right, the members voted on that. The "IAM" just made sure that certain things stayed "in" the contract, not the stuff the "members" voted "out".
Get it?

Gee I thought a member of management would know the numbers.

There were 870 Utility and no only 50 remain, but the members made the choice by ratifying the final offer.

There were 870 Utility and no only 50 remain, but the members made the choice by ratifying the final offer.
Actually, I am not the one that has to look myself in the mirror about my failures against my "brothers". So no, I did not know the exact number. I do know that I was one who has handed out lay-off papers. I do not blame those guys for hitting the street, and never would. Somebody failed them and it wasn't themselves!

It shows still through the bad times the IAM still managed to have better scope language then your ibt 10 year old contract.
MORE BS THE IBT CONTRACT WAS A 5 YEAR CONTRACT AND A 10 YEAR PAY SCALE AND AS FOR THAT OUR TECHS STILL GET A PAY RAISE TILL THEY TOP OUT :up: :lol: GET YOUR IBT CARDS IN LOL :up: :up: :lol: :up:

Yet another "intelligent" response. :)

It shows still through the bad times the IAM still managed to have better scope language then your ibt 10 year old contract.

Hmmmmm........but it seems that there are only two people left in the membership to "brag" about it. For a "young" contract it is far superior to your contract. When was your contract first negotiated? :)

Yet another "intelligent" response. :)
Hmmmmm........but it seems that there are only two people left in the membership to "brag" about it. For a "young" contract it is far superior to your contract. When was your contract first negotiated? :)
US Airways began, in the mid 1930s, calling itself All American Aviation. In 1949, All American Aviation changed its name to All American Airways; with the change of name the airline also changed direction in terms of the service it offered. In 1953, it changed its name again, this time to Allegheny Airlines.

In 1968, Allegheny merged with Lake Central Airlines. This merger allowed the airline to expand its route network further, from Pittsburgh, to encompass the Dayton, Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. A few years later, in 1972, Allegheny acquired Mohawk Airlines. Mohawk airline served cities throughout New York and New England.

In 1979, Allegheny decided to change its name, and in 1979 it became USAir.

Have you been through two bankruptcies in the past two years?

Every union on the property has been hit with job loss, why is the ibt not soliciting them too?

And the union did not say hell no, the company never approached the union about relief prior to them violating the IAM CBA and farming out the airbus. And the IAM came up with a proposal that gave the company relief and saved more jobs, but it was rejected.

Dont let the facts get in your way.
The fact is that the company knew the iam would do nothing. I agree that the arbitration was won by the union in court eventually but several acft were still done in Ala. We should have walked off the job that day!! And what about the grievence money? Did you not bargin that away just like all significant grievences on the books? The iam plays pretty lose with other peoples money so long as the iam keeps theirs. The facts are that the iam and probly the ibt are only looking out for the dues and could care less about the membership.BTW 700, you never answered my question about the transition negotiations. Oh I forgot, they are, a secret. The End

Actually, I am not the one that has to look myself in the mirror about my failures against my "brothers". So no, I did not know the exact number. I do know that I was one who has handed out lay-off papers. I do not blame those guys for hitting the street, and never would. Somebody failed them and it wasn't themselves!
Damn well said PITMTC!!!

this about says it all gonzo and bird doctor......recant this:
Doug Parker spoke with AWA mechanics today, to inform us that no matter what happens they will fall under the current IAM contract.
looks like i told you before...the fix is in...... :lol:

That was DP's opinion not fact. It's not over yet. :)
gonzo we have a new battle cry (PARKEM FOR PARKER)
LETS HIT THEM IN THE BACK POCKET!!!! USAIR WAS ON ITS WAY DOWN SO IF IT SINKS SO WHAT, THERE WILL BE TWO LESS AIRLINES TO COMPETE. SOUTHWEST WILL PICK UP THE 737 AND ROUTES AND LETS SEE WHO SWA HIRES YOUNG OR OLD. WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE IF THE IAM WINS LOOK AT WHAT WE GET. PORKED AT BOTH ENDS :angry2: :shock: :angry:

gonzo we have a new battle cry (PARKEM FOR PARKER)
LETS HIT THEM IN THE BACK POCKET!!!! USAIR WAS ON ITS WAY DOWN SO IF IT SINKS SO WHAT, THERE WILL BE TWO LESS AIRLINES TO COMPETE. SOUTHWEST WILL PICK UP THE 737 AND ROUTES AND LETS SEE WHO SWA HIRES YOUNG OR OLD. WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE IF THE IAM WINS LOOK AT WHAT WE GET. PORKED AT BOTH ENDS :angry2: :shock: :angry:
we at U IAM were always partial to the ALUMINUM SUPPOSITORY

I did hear the vote was going good. So PARKER MAY STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE IBT. HE IS NOT GOING TO LIKE THAT. THEY WANT THAT IAM CONTRACT SO THEY CAN HOLD US TO IT TILL 2009 OR LONGER.
WORD FROM ONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE KEEP YOUR PETOLEUM JELLY AND VALVE GRINDING COMPOUND LIDS TIGHT...